Husband's birthday - help me find these parts?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy S

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi - I just registered and my husband doesn't know about this site yet - I'll tell him about it after his birthday (about 6 weeks) ;) after I can see if I can surprise him with THE BEST present in the world ! He recently bought a 1973 Duster to restore. He's a dedicated Mopar guy who went without one for the last 5 years because he sold his beloved Barracuda of ten years to do some much needed house repairs. I have felt so guilty that he had to do that and I really want to surprise him with the parts he needs for this car.

I'm trying desperately to find FULL VINYL TOP MOLDING/TRIM FOR A 1973 DUSTER. I believe he only needs the B-Pillar moldings and if there are any that go around the window. Clips would be helpful too.

He's been looking for these for months - scavenging through junk yards and swap meets with no success.

If anyone knows where I can find them or if you have any for sale, please let me know.

Thanks !

Thanks Cole for your reply. He has the vinyl top. He bought it at Chryslers at Carlisle this summer. Now we just need to find the molding. I think he has the APillar moldings - he needs the BPillar moldings. I'm not sure if he has the ones for around the window (if there are any) - and I'm afraid to ask him so he doesn't know I'm looking for them.

Tracy - Send an email inquiry to [email protected]. I got my rain gutter molding for my '69 Dart from them when I couldn't find it anywhere else.
Good luck!

Opps, sorry. I must of missed that. If I come across any you'll be the first to know. 8)

OCDart - I sent them an email. Thanks for the contact !

Tracy, welcome aboard and good luck, I think your doing a super thing for him. Your husband is lucky to have a good wife like you looking for parts for him like this. Very few of us have mates that think and do like this.

Man what a cool wife, Your husband is one lucky Moparite. I'm looking to see if i have them, I'd luv to be a part of his surprise. Good Luck

i have trim for the half vinyl top but i need it. wish i could help. and your husbands a very lucky man!! if you do happen to find the parts please turn him over to this site. id like to see the cars!! best of luck!

Welcome to the site. If you can find the trim, it will be a great gift. Try doing a search on ebay. Just search for Plymouth Duster. I've seen the trim there before. Good luck with your search.
Frank H.

Can't say that I have ever seen a full vinyl top on a Duster. Sounds cool. Anyone have a pic?

Jerry

p.s. I have the roof rail (rain gutter) trim if needed.

74 sport, I dont have a pic but I did find a vid. I have seen them before. What I wouldnt give.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DwzgLR_LYU

Tracy S, I have all the trim except the roof gutters. Its off a 70 duster. It will need to be polished tho & will need new clips. Shoot me a PM if your interested. I work for the raolroad so it might take me awhile to respond...

Thanks for all the comments. I have the roof/drip rails. The pieces needed are the one's that go between the door opening and the back window. It is a long piece, and then a small piece with a screw in it. There are two (a set) - one for each side of the car. I've looked on ebay for months and months and the one set that was on there I missed....... There are always 1/2 top moldings, but never the full top molding.

I know a lot of wives don't like the car thing - but honestly, without a car he is like a lost soul wandering the earth.....haha. My Dad was a car guy too, so I grew up around it. PLUS - I find that if you lay up on the car nagging - then he starts doing more things like fixing the house and going to the movies. I'm telling you - it really does make him whole ! It's a great frustration outlet too - when he has a focus other than work....... We can't afford to change out the 318 ---- but that will come later.

I dont have the trim either but heres a picture that may help.

Hope your husband has a great birthday.

Edit, I just read your looking for the full top molding, Not the canopy roof moldings. I would think they are the same for Duster,demon,dartport from 70-76

4600474-2.jpg

Tracy, welcome to FABO! You're a girl after my own heart. :-D (Hey, another chick who knows what A and B pillars are wooooooo!!!)

Here's another source for you to check out [http://www.stephensperformance.com/] ... if you can talk with Ted Stephens directly, tell him Billy Lee's fiancee referred you. Billy and Ted -- no relation to the 80s movie by the way <duckin> -- had a lot of dealings and sold/traded a ton of Mopars and parts back and forth when we still lived in south Louisiana. He's a great guy who'll treat you right and won't empty your wallet.

Best of luck with the search and for the best birthday ever!

he sold his beloved Barracuda of ten years to do some much needed house repairs. I have felt so guilty that he had to do that and I really want to surprise him with the parts he needs for this car.

What did you do burn up the kitchen? LOL :toothy10:

Just kidding. I'll be on the look out.

What did you do burn up the kitchen? LOL :toothy10:

Just kidding. I'll be on the look out.

HAHAHAHA We must have met before !!!!! Actually no, it was some other house stuff. BUT your scenario would've been possible ! Anyone who knows me will tell you I can bake Christmas cookies and desserts like no one's business --- but no one will eat my regular cooking !!!! haha

When you get the parts and if they don't look A-1 you can have them buffed. The trim pieces are stainless so if you know someone without your husband knowing you can get them looking brand spanking new.

Tracy, welcome to FABO! You're a girl after my own heart. :-D (Hey, another chick who knows what A and B pillars are wooooooo!!!)

Here's another source for you to check out [http://www.stephensperformance.com/] ... if you can talk with Ted Stephens directly, tell him Billy Lee's fiancee referred you. Billy and Ted -- no relation to the 80s movie by the way <duckin> -- had a lot of dealings and sold/traded a ton of Mopars and parts back and forth when we still lived in south Louisiana. He's a great guy who'll treat you right and won't empty your wallet.

Best of luck with the search and for the best birthday ever!

Thanks for the lead Leanna ! I always say the car stuff is "forced learning" haha. But I like it just as much as he does. We've spent more time doing car stuff together than anything else ! From scouring junk yards and swap meets to rebuilding a transmission on the kitchen table to the drag strip every Sunday. And let me tell you - my favorite smell is Cam2 out of the exhaust! Yankee Candle needs to duplicate that. My son's first baby pictures were with a Mopar Performance magazine (the cuda/challenger special edition). The only thing I didn't care for was the fact that the 8 3/4 rear to the cuda sat in my bedroom for over a year on blocks while we lived in our old apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back