hydralic lifters seazing up.

-

cudaman51

Reaction score
Hello evey one.. i have a problem with lifters siezeing on new rebuild. i tookthem apart freed them up and happend again, any ideas out their. i need help. thanks

You may have the lifter bottomed out, pushrods to long. How much preload are you running?

Are we talking about hydraulic flat tappets? If it is just 1 or 2, it just may be crappy lifters. We are getting ready to replace a couple of Crane supplied hydraulic flat tappet lifters; they will be good then make a racket like crazy. Probably just bad check valves out of the box.

the plungers are siezed in the mid position. i took them out cleand lubed and freed them up and didnt last. comp cams stuff

the plungers are siezed in the mid position. i took them out cleand lubed and freed them up and didnt last. comp cams stuff
I had 4 lifters go bad on a XE262 kit from Comp after a few hundred easy miles. Lucky me the cam was not hurt so I put a set of Johnson lifters I bought from Mike at MRL in and never had any problems. Haven't bought Comp stuff since.

WTF are we workin on here? Chevy? Ford? Mopar? Briggs and Stratton? Seriously, are we supposed to be able to read your mind?

I didn't mean to imply that the impurities came with the lifters. I just meant, how did it get in there? I would be cutting open the oil filter for a look-see.

I took it the way you meant it, but my thought was what if the lifters are causing the contaminant within themselves and pumping it out into the rest of the motor. (Like with crappy tolerances in the bores)

-
Back