Hydro boost system on lifted trucks and heavy tires?

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
Any one familiar with the hydroboost system please chime in here.

Is this system just not capable of pushing 37-12.5-16.5 tires?

I swear this is the second Hydro boost system that just won't push the tires.

What is the issue here?

I'm not sure i understand "pushing" big tires ?
That said, I had hydro boost standard on my Chevy dually. I hated it, I consider it a life-threatening failure possibility .
Still have them on both my diesel trucks. Still hate em.

My old 01 Dodge Cummins---which I converted to 4WD last fall--has the best (factory) brakes on any vehicle I've ever owned. It just flat STOPS. I'm not worried particularly about failure (engine failure) because it's a stick, so unless the engine locks up, I can motor the engine through the gearbox to keep the PS and hydroboost going.

Cope I know you are a smart guy---I hope you realize that the larger dia. the tires, the worse the brakes---because the bigger the tire, the more leverage they have against the brakes, therefore you need larger and larger brakes.

Yup, converted a hydroboost system onto the dart.
I don't understand pushing tires though because hydroboost is a braking system for engines that don't make enough vacuum.

Mustang has been using the system since mid 90s (that I am aware of) and every diesel truck has a hydroboost system. Also the old astro vans had them as well.

I love Hydroboost. I converted my ‘74 dodge 3/4 ton. It’ll put ya through the windshield if ya ain’t careful. lol.

-
Back