Hydroboost brackets

-

Riddler

Project EH-Body
Reaction score
Hey guys I had some hydroboost brackets cut for the A body cars. I chose to do this as I figured I could offer them at half the cost of other manufacturer's.

I chose to keep them raw as some guys would want to weld them in, some paint, some chrome, powdercoat, etc etc.

These are made out of 3/16 steel and will never bend.

Here's a link to my for sale post with pictures.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=201251

Riddler

Nice looking! I went the Mustang route anly because I was able to get the Pump, Booster and Rack for dirt cheap!

Even with the mustang route you still need a bracket for your firewall. I believe all hydroboost units use the same style bracket.

Riddler

The brackets are nice. Lazer, waterjet or plasma cut? Can you share the cut file? (maybe via email). I would like one, but can cut it myself. If you will share I won't reproduce for anyone. (just personal use) And will pay for the file.

03ramit1 - I don't have the cut file available. It's at the laser cutter's.

73dusterB5blue - I can make whatever is needed. Do you have access to the firewall area where the brake booster mounts up? Get me some pics, and hopefully a rubbing of the firewall and we'll work on getting one made up. If it works, I'll start selling those as well.

That goes for any other Mopar or vehicle bodies. I'll gladly work with you to get anything cut, just need something to work with. Wether it be a rubbing of the firewall, the stock bracket shipped to me (will be returned) or a drawing thats perfect so I can put it into the machine.

Riddler

It's cool man, I'll just take the measurements, and draw it up. I'm just lazy. So your using the astrovan hydroboost? Wonder if any others will work out of a newer car/truck and allow power breaks with the 5.7 Hemi.

Even with the mustang route you still need a bracket for your firewall. I believe all hydroboost units use the same style bracket.

Riddler

I assumed that yours were more geared towards the GM style. I suppose I will measure mine and see what size the hole needs to be.

Thanks

Yeah this bracket was designed using an Astrovan hydroboost. What's the diameter of the hydroboost shaft your wanting to use?

Riddler

Hey, I like this idea. I'm not familiar with the whole system...wondering if someone could post pics (or a link to some) of an installed system, and whats required to install one?

My Dart currently has manual drums, but I may go disc in the future.

Thanks.

All the hydroboost units are the same roughly. I'm using one with my 3rd gen hemi.

Riddler

Have you fit up the hydroboost unit next to the 3rd gen hemi? I have heard reports of hydroboost not fitting with the new hemi's. I'd sure love to see some pics if you have!

Thanks!

Yeah this bracket was designed using an Astrovan hydroboost. What's the diameter of the hydroboost shaft your wanting to use?

Riddler

I will need to measure it. My shop is 60 miles away so I only get to play on the weekends. I will be sure to measure it and let you know.

65val - I'll update with more information soon. Try maybe google or wikipedia for more info.

uhcoog1 - I've been told that by clocking the canister towards the fender it'll fit with the hemi. I'll be sure to get that info as soon as I find some time to bolt the pedals and hydroboost up. Should be soon.

hemi duster - Measure it up and let me know. But since there aren't many hydroboost manufacturer's I'd assume there the same. But I've been wrong before.

Riddler

uhcoog1 - I've been told that by clocking the canister towards the fender it'll fit with the hemi. I'll be sure to get that info as soon as I find some time to bolt the pedals and hydroboost up. Should be soon.

Riddler

Let me know when you find out! Hydratech told me it wouldn't work with the new gen Hemi's clocked any which way, and Talon told me his solution for the hemi problem was a billet bracket that offset everything upwards.

I bolted mine up today. Looks like this bracket does have an issue with the hemi. I'll find a way to get around that.

I'm planning to speak with Talon tomorrow about the brake rod I need anyway.

Riddler

I bolted mine up today. Looks like this bracket does have an issue with the hemi. I'll find a way to get around that.

I'm planning to speak with takin tomorrow about the brake rod I need anyway.

Riddler

Looking forward to seeing how you make it work!!! Thanks for the update.

Same here. What's the issue? Maybe we can brainstorm it a bit. Pics would help..... But you may already know the fix. :D

I've got the fix I believe. It's all about how it's clocked. My plan is to get it off today and take the bracket off and cut the key out. Clock it and see what works.

Riddler

I've got the fix I believe. It's all about how it's clocked. My plan is to get it off today and take the bracket off and cut the key out. Clock it and see what works.

Riddler

I take it you saw my pictures. The Aeroquip fittings are the best btw. expensive though

I did see your pictures. I found a company on eBay that sells all three fittings for $30. I jumped on it and they fit perfectly.

I'll take a few pics of the new hydroboost 3rd gen hemi brackets.

Riddler

In terms of the making a Hydroboost kit fit a Gen III Hemi Car. I posted a question about this over at BigBlockDart.com and Bill Reilly responded with this nugget of information:

You have to take the mounting plate off and grind out the keyway, then rotate the unit until it clears the engine and retighten the plate. This requires a special tool with the mopar-specific one. Then you make an adapter for the mastercylinder so it mounts straight up, and add a spacer in the master the same thickness as the adapter you make, so the pushrod seats fully.

There is a shortcut now though. The universal-mount version can be easily rotated on it's steel mounting plate, so you only have to contend with the master cylinder rotation. However, the plate has to be drilled and trimmed for your firewall. It would save you from buying the GM Service tool to remove the plate at least.

So you can make the hydroboost work with the GenIII Hemi, but it will take some work, fabrication.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

"so it mounts straight up"...as in vertical? How does that work? How would you fill the reservoir?

In terms of the making a Hydroboost kit fit a Gen III Hemi Car. I posted a question about this over at BigBlockDart.com and Bill Reilly responded with this nugget of information:

You have to take the mounting plate off and grind out the keyway, then rotate the unit until it clears the engine and retighten the plate. This requires a special tool with the mopar-specific one. Then you make an adapter for the mastercylinder so it mounts straight up, and add a spacer in the master the same thickness as the adapter you make, so the pushrod seats fully.

There is a shortcut now though. The universal-mount version can be easily rotated on it's steel mounting plate, so you only have to contend with the master cylinder rotation. However, the plate has to be drilled and trimmed for your firewall. It would save you from buying the GM Service tool to remove the plate at least.

So you can make the hydroboost work with the GenIII Hemi, but it will take some work, fabrication.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

You use another bracket to turn the master back 90*. I just need to figure out how to measure for a booster to master rod.

Riddler

-
Back