Hydroboost problem

-

Juan Correa

Reaction score
Hello guys, i just installed a hydroboost on my 71 demon. the line from the PS pump goes in on the reservoir side, on the other side is the HP line to the steering box and the small return to the PS pump.

Ran the engine and the steering fluid did not no down and the fluid got super hot!!!

inverted the high press line on tje hydroboost and fluid started moving and power steering works. But i have no brake assist…. any clues??

First step is to search whatever the hydro came out of and see how it is supposed to be connected. Bound to be a diagram, "somewhere"

its a kit for my car i got on ebay. i did contact the seller.

i did find the line diagrams online and the hipress inlet on the hydro is in the reservoir side…. but no fluid moves that way…

Hard to tell from your description so back to basics, if the H/boost has 3 ports PS pump has 1 H/press and 1 return port, H/boost has H/press in and out and 1 return port, steering gear has 1 H/press and 1 return port. You should run a cooler, maybe you are? So, pump H/P line to H/boost inlet, outlet to gear then to cooler, now both return lines couple together and back to pump return or add another return port to pump reservoir and disregard coupler.
I've been wrong before so you should follow kit instructions if you do get any.
It sounds like you can get a bigger cam now.

hi, i spent all night retracing my work. I dis put it together right the first time. but line pressure leaves the ps pump fine and does not enter the hydroboost…. so i swapped the lines and fluis entesrs now, got steering assiste but no brake assist.

iam going to swap them again now and see, many the booster had a stuck valve.

if it still doesn’t work ill take it apart and see… hate this!!

I found this. It seems to be pretty generic. Maybe it will help you.
HYDROBOOST.jpg

ok…. so i inverted the lines again as it’s supposed to go and…. it works!!! brake asist! it must have been a stuck valve or something… thank you all!!

I only run hydroboost and no power steering.
Hydroboost adapted from a 2000 ish diesel ram.
I found that the hydroboost did not build enough pressure without power steering
I am about to try plugging the high pressure line from hydroboost to power steering and just run the return line from hydroboost.

I run electric power steering from a Nissan cube and installed a volvo electric pump for the hydroboost.
20230610_112207.jpg

20230610_112202.jpg

-
Back