Hyper Pak headers

-

6pakattack

Reaction score
Soooooo,how much call would there be for the HyperPak style headers if someone was to see about having them made,just curious !!!

If you are going to make them out of cast iron,I see no point,we already have the dutra duals.I dont see and hp/tq diff between the two.

BUT if you are talking about a steel tube reproduction,I can see a small market for them. A good option for those that want an improvement over stock,but without the fittament issues of long tubes.Also good for early A's and guys running 170's. I have actually thought about this before. Making them out of steel tube would keep cost down. Maybe 200.00 a set versus the 4-500 for dutras and hookers/cliffords.

Clifford already makes a steel tube shorty. As far as headers, no way will any kinda shorty header or manifold will ever out flow a long tube header design.

Clifford already makes a steel tube shorty. As far as headers, no way will any kinda shorty header or manifold will ever out flow a long tube header design.

True,but they are almost 400.00. I dont think that anyone would disagree that LT flow more than a shorty.Not to mention all the "trouble" with actually getting parts from clifford.

True,but they are almost 400.00. I dont think that anyone would disagree that LT flow more than a shorty.Not to mention all the "trouble" with actually getting parts from clifford.

Ha! I had somebody on here try to spout up an arguement that Dutra's "miracle" manifolds flow more than a long tube set of headers. LOL I know the man's a genius in the slant world...I mean that seriously, but ain't no way in hell. Also, I hear they are priced in the stratosphere. I always wondered why he had no prices listed on them.

Ha! I had somebody on here try to spout up an arguement that Dutra's "miracle" manifolds flow more than a long tube set of headers. LOL I know the man's a genius in the slant world...I mean that seriously, but ain't no way in hell. Also, I hear they are priced in the stratosphere. I always wondered why he had no prices listed on them.

Dutra is a stand up guy,and his manifolds(500 for 2) are quality pieces,but even he will tell you that headers are best for max HP. Dutras are great if you are just building a driver and want to install something that will last forever,and give you a little bump in performance while not having the fitting issues that come with most LT's.

The Hookers will give you the best performance hands down,but 450+ for headers is insane.If I ever come up with the tools/funds to start a little side business it would be to make a LT/ST header for the slant that is reasonably priced(around 250.00) The long tubes would be a copy of the hookers and the shorties would be similar to the hyper pak manifolds but made with steel tube.

Oh ya and THICK mounting flanges for the head side AND collector side of the headers.

Someone over on .org started making something called "power pipe", but I think that it may be dead issue. Never heard anything lately.

Someone over on .org started making something called "power pipe", but I think that it may be dead issue. Never heard anything lately.

What a joke that was, more like power-loss pipe. The dude had no understanding of a "tuned" header. I give him respect for trying,but his designs were horrible.

...and just to be absolutely CLEAR.......I was NOT trying to say anything inflamatory about Mr. Dutra. Lord knows he's conrtibuted more to the slant hobby than I've been alive. In fact, if I had the dough, I would probably buy a set of his manifolds.....because I'm a manifold kinda guy. I mean you bolt them on and fuggitaboutit. That's my kinda stuff. But I have to work within the boundries of my poorness. lol

Yup,and hoping to make it mine !!! I've checked out the Dutra Duals,and no offense,but they don't do a thing for me to make me want to purchase them !! Need a little more Bling factor personally !!! Just wondering if it would be a worth while venture !! I'll do some more digging !!

Yup,and hoping to make it mine !!! I've checked out the Dutra Duals,and no offense,but they don't do a thing for me to make me want to purchase them !! Need a little more Bling factor personally !!! Just wondering if it would be a worth while venture !! I'll do some more digging !!

Let us know if you win them. I will be looking for a used header later when I have the cash.

Dutra duels, all you gotta buy is one and hack your existing log for the back half. MP says 40 inch primaries, 123 and 456 to duals. Looks pretty basic to me, but im no tube bender. How cool would a super high heat equal length nomex hose header be? I mean you could just pipe clamp it to a stub off the flange and route is as you want and tie it up/bundle it with stainless hose clamps..my next million dollar idea....Ha! Like this stuff in a 1 3/4 ID? http://catalog.dunhamrubber.com/pro...duct-medium-high-temperature-hose-u-lok-2000?

Dutra duels, all you gotta buy is one and hack your existing log for the back half. MP says 40 inch primaries, 123 and 456 to duals. Looks pretty basic to me, but im no tube bender. How cool would a super high heat equal length nomex hose header be? I mean you could just pipe clamp it to a stub off the flange and route is as you want and tie it up/bundle it with stainless hose clamps..my next million dollar idea....Ha!

Thats OLD tech,but still pretty valid. 36-40" primaries with about 12-16" of head pipe Y'ed into a single would be the best setup.

Dutra duels, all you gotta buy is one and hack your existing log for the back half. MP says 40 inch primaries, 123 and 456 to duals. Looks pretty basic to me, but im no tube bender. How cool would a super high heat equal length nomex hose header be? I mean you could just pipe clamp it to a stub off the flange and route is as you want and tie it up/bundle it with stainless hose clamps..my next million dollar idea....Ha!

Like I said,Dutra Duals don't do it for me !!NO BLING FACTOR !!!

The Hookers will give you the best performance hands down,but 450+ for headers is insane.If I ever come up with the tools/funds to start a little side business it would be to make a LT/ST header for the slant that is reasonably priced(around 250.00) The long tubes would be a copy of the hookers and the shorties would be similar to the hyper pak manifolds but made with steel tube.

Oh ya and THICK mounting flanges for the head side AND collector side of the headers.
Jared,
You need to come by my shop sometime.
I just purchased a new Miller Tig Welder and I can show you WHY...
We think alike.
Martin

My friend has these in his garage, all original Mopar stuff, even the carb is unique to the hyperpack. Those exhaust manifolds are also NOS, never used, probably the only set of NOS ones in existince. Sorry, not for sale, they are going in a Toad wagon :D

Attachments

• 000_0047.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 428
My friend has these in his garage, all original Mopar stuff, even the carb is unique to the hyperpack. Those exhaust manifolds are also NOS, never used, probably the only set of NOS ones in existince. Sorry, not for sale, they are going in a Toad wagon :D
For second there,I thought that was chained and padlocked on that motor...

You know that they are not safe loose in Texas !!!
LOL

NO,NOT the ONLY set of NOS in existence,I saw a Brand Spanken NEW IN THE BOX set of headers w/NEW exhaust gaskets at Don Garlits this year !!! No,he wasn't coming off his either !! But I'm still looking !!!

IMAG0077.jpg

What a happy Toad!

JB

Jared,
You need to come by my shop sometime.
I just purchased a new Miller Tig Welder and I can show you WHY...
We think alike.
Martin

We should put our brains together and get this done! It would be slow going,but we could make a little profit at it. I have some ideas,we will talk:D

JARED
I have already started !!!
COME BY THE SHOP SOMETIME !!!
I am one man down this week but will be there this weekend putting my brother's supercharger on his POS Mini-Cooper.
Goodnight all,
Martin

Now that I got the tires you gave me,im not scared to drive that far! I might be able to make it down saturday/sunday I will let you know.

Oh ya,I found some 4.56 gears for the D100 from a fellow member.One step closer! Have a good night buddy.

Jared

At the SEMA show I talked to the people at PATRIOT headers and was told that this wasn't the first time they were asked about /6 headers and they knew about the 170/225 differences.The question asked from them was If they could supply the Item what would their sales be? The only answer I could give them was to look on line at this web and .org and others to see that a affordable header is needed. Not only domestic but international. I stressed the point that a few manufactures do make them but cost is the factor. I can't understand that tooling cost and material would be more than small block chevy that retail for a little over $100.00 and that if affordable that unit sales would be there. Of the several /6 cars that I have or have owned if affordable and available they would all be outfitted.Options such as coatings would be up to the purchaser and their needs.
Who knows if this was a waste of breath or not but at least someone talked to me. Most of the time I get laughed at or just a flat out NO.

It's all about greed. They figure since the slant crowd is small, they can get away with charging stupid prices. I mean....it's not like a header company ain't makin their bread and butter on volume sales such as small block chebbie headers. Somebody could make some nice, affordable slant headers, they just choose not to.

-
Back