Hypocrites......

-
the bold: Yeah, that's another reason its bad for you. It makes a point to suppress thought and ram unsubstantiated beliefs down your throat. Making for people who live by and push tenants on to others with no basis and in some cases live less of a life than they could otherwise.

Ummm, yeah, my thoughts have been suppressed.

I love statements like that.

Once had a girlfriend who admitted, when she met me, her first thought was, "boy, he's cute, but he's a body man, he must be dumber than a box of rocks."

My cousin, just a few months ago, made the statement... "wow, I can't believe how articulate you are..." and left it hang, not finishing the sentence with, "for a mechanic."

I'm well versed in classic literature and spend most of my spare time reading and writing. (Don't know how much of either you do, but in order to write, it takes a lot of thought...). I'm okay with the arts, but it's not something I put a lot of time into. I'm an American history buff and spend a lot of time reading on that subject, too. (One of the books I'm reading right now is Guadalcanal by Richard B. Frank.) I'm also an amateur science buff, especially when it comes to astrology and physics. I own my own business.

I don't think you'll find anyone on here who's familiar with me over the past three plus years who will accuse me of being stupid. And I don't think you'll find one person on here who will say that my posts aren't well written or thought out.

Surprising for a stupid Christian, huh, who's thought processes have been suppressed?

But then again, never judge a book by it's cover.

Seems to me I even thought out the end result of this thread (if you'll go back to my original post in here...) that someone would use this opportunity to use the thread to bash religion... Yeah, you're right, my thought processes have been suppressed enough that I didn't see that one coming.

By the way, I have to ask you, since you claim to be an "open minded atheist," why are you going out of your way to bash religion, when a true atheist isn't bothered by religion at all? An open mind would mean that you could truly care less and would be open to learning about others.

But then again, you've just made a point I figured someone would make in this thread, too. In claiming your "open mind" you've actually shown how closed minded you actually are. Here's your "H." Ironic, huh?

I'm not ramming anything....or pushing anything. I just do not buy the BS your selling.
and that our whole problem, according to you, is we are just not as "enlightened" as you.

To be frank, I have had enough of the PC (Progressive/ Communist) crowd degregating my Savior, Jesus Christ, and His followers. I stand for Him....you make your own call, that's what I like about personal responsibility. I do not want to be judged by your actions...as a collective

So you do not believe...we get it. actually, we got it a loooong time ago

lol, your irrational fear of atheists as communists entertains me to no end.

Ironically, its the atheists that tend to have a deeper understand of christianity than the followers. As most religious people have it shoved down their throat from birth and never stop to consider the religion.

This is true, seen it before and I'll see it again.

Ummm, yeah, my thoughts have been suppressed.

I love statements like that.

Once had a girlfriend who admitted, when she met me, her first thought was, "boy, he's cute, but he's a body man, he must be dumber than a box of rocks."

My cousin, just a few months ago, made the statement... "wow, I can't believe how articulate you are..." and left it hang, not finishing the sentence with, "for a mechanic."

I'm well versed in classic literature and spend most of my spare time reading and writing. (Don't know how much of either you do, but in order to write, it takes a lot of thought...). I'm okay with the arts, but it's not something I put a lot of time into. I'm an American history buff and spend a lot of time reading on that subject, too. (One of the books I'm reading right now is Guadalcanal by Richard B. Frank.) I'm also an amateur science buff, especially when it comes to astrology and physics. I own my own business.

I don't think you'll find anyone on here who's familiar with me over the past three plus years who will accuse me of being stupid. And I don't think you'll find one person on here who will say that my posts aren't well written or thought out.

Surprising for a stupid Christian, huh, who's thought processes have been suppressed?

But then again, never judge a book by it's cover.

Seems to me I even thought out the end result of this thread (if you'll go back to my original post in here...) that someone would use this opportunity to use the thread to bash religion... Yeah, you're right, my thought processes have been suppressed enough that I didn't see that one coming.

By the way, I have to ask you, since you claim to be an "open minded atheist," why are you going out of your way to bash religion, when a true atheist isn't bothered by religion at all? An open mind would mean that you could truly care less and would be open to learning about others.

But then again, you've just made a point I figured someone would make in this thread, too. In claiming your "open mind" you've actually shown how closed minded you actually are. Here's your "H." Ironic, huh?

Oh no, christians can certainly be intelligent, but the religion becomes a block whenever the topic comes to something that may go against their religion. And the more fundamentalist they are, the more blocks there will be.

Why am i bothered by religion if i'm a "true atheist"? that's simple. In this country, religious idiots try to push their religion in the law and misinform people on the laws. Which is why people like Denny don't understand the concept of the separation of church&state clearly spelled out in the establishment clause of the 1st amendment.

So its not really that i'm bothered by religion. Its that religion makes a point to bother me. These discussions wouldnt occur if religions would mind their business and keep to themselves. How often do we argue about buddhism in this country?...exactly.

To be frank, I have had enough of the PC (Progressive/ Communist) crowd degregating my Savior, Jesus Christ, and His followers. I stand for Him....you make your own call, that's what I like about personal responsibility. I do not want to be judged by your actions...as a collective

So you do not believe...we get it. actually, we got it a loooong time ago

What does this have to do with political agendas? Last time I check Jesus was a "communist". Or was he a capitalist?

Prove it.. I can see the passage in the Bible now: "Ye shall take all ye can at the stock markets, and rob those close to you. Shoot those that oppose your selfish views of what the word "freedom" means for entering y'r yard. Amen."

Oh no, christians can certainly be intelligent, but the religion becomes a block whenever the topic comes to something that may go against their religion. And the more fundamentalist they are, the more blocks there will be.

Why am i bothered by religion if i'm a "true atheist"? that's simple. In this country, religious idiots try to push their religion in the law and misinform people on the laws. Which is why people like Denny don't understand the concept of the separation of church&state clearly spelled out in the establishment clause of the 1st amendment.

So its not really that i'm bothered by religion. Its that religion makes a point to bother me. These discussions wouldnt occur if religions would mind their business and keep to themselves. How often do we argue about buddhism in this country?...exactly.

ahhhh....you NEVER showed me that..."establishment clause" you speak of

where do I find it??? can you quote it.??? (money says he is trying to use the First Amendment to the Constitution/Bill of Rights)

here...I'll help you....

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.....

that simply means ...as explained before...that there will be NO official Government sponsored religion, (as was in England)....you may worship any religion you want. Furthermore Congress shall not make any laws prohibiting you from any worship. It does NOT say...only on private property....or NOT on Govt property. I promise you, our Founders would have hung the lefty judges that rule in that manner. They would not have put up with the PC (Progressive/Communist) garbage

Where I get confused with the whole thing is where does your own value system come from? What defines good or bad to you? Yourself? Kinda like making your own rules huh? When is enough enough? I always wondered that...

Exact same as yours. Parenting.

If religion gave someone a value system, only the non-religious would be jails. But thats not the case. In reality, values are not related to religion. Someone can be devout and be terribly parent and raise awful kids. And vise versa in any belief system you want to insert.

ahhhh....you NEVER showed me that..."establishment clause" you speak of

where do I find it??? can you quote it.??? (money says he is trying to use the First Amendment to the Constitution/Bill of Rights)

here...I'll help you....

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.....

So you know it, why don't you grasp it?

Its very spelled out. No religious laws, but government is not to infringe on the someone's practice of a religion.(within reason due to the social contract of living in a country of many cultures/religions)

You mean like what you're proving about yourself in this thread? Seems to me your supposed atheism has become a block considering this isn't the first thread you've chimed in on specifically to bash the religious.

Why am i bothered by religion if i'm a "true atheist"? that's simple. In this country, religious idiots try to push their religion in the law and misinform people on the laws.

You mean like so many lawsuits by "atheists" who have sued to remove any mention of religion from the view of the public, even when all views are displayed, even those of atheists? I don't see many religious organizations using the courts to push through such views.

Which is why people like Denny don't understand the concept of the separation of church&state clearly spelled out in the establishment clause of the 1st amendment.

What was that about misinformed laws? It wasn't until sometime in the 1920's that the courts decided that separation of church and state was to be interrupted as "freedom from religion" not "freedom of religion."

But that's the fun thing about discussion such as this. Most people like to claim the First Amendment goes only one way. The religious needs to stay out of matters of state. Yet, the state controls the curriculum and accreditation for such degrees as Divinity and Theology.

Why aren't you speaking out against that in bringing up the First Amendment?

So its not really that i'm bothered by religion.

Then why make it a point to stir the pot on threads such as this if it doesn't bother you?

Its that religion makes a point to bother me.

Really? I've never met you, but I find your words, even as Doug was getting explanation from others, to be showing a dislike for me simply because of my belief system. Who's bothering whom?

These discussions wouldnt occur if religions would mind their business and keep to themselves.

The same goes the other way 'round. You decided to chime on this thread to stir the pot and further your own beliefs. Some of us knew there would be one or two of you who couldn't resist yourselves and even pointed it out at the very beginning. So, what's this as to who's not minding his own business and keeping his beliefs to himself?

How often do we argue about buddhism in this country?...exactly.

I don't know. But when you point this out, specifically, you're truly saying that you're problem isn't with the "religious," only with Christians. If Doug's neighbor has been Buddhist and not Christian would you have chimed in?

Your own words show you to be exactly the kind of person you have a problem with. Here's your "H."

You mean like what you're proving about yourself in this thread? Seems to me your supposed atheism has become a block considering this isn't the first thread you've chimed in on specifically to bash the religious.

You mean like so many lawsuits by "atheists" who have sued to remove any mention of religion from the view of the public, even when all views are displayed, even those of atheists? I don't see many religious organizations using the courts to push through such views.

What was that about misinformed laws? It wasn't until sometime in the 1920's that the courts decided that separation of church and state was to be interrupted as "freedom from religion" not "freedom of religion."

But that's the fun thing about discussion such as this. Most people like to claim the First Amendment goes only one way. The religious needs to stay out of matters of state. Yet, the state controls the curriculum and accreditation for such degrees as Divinity and Theology.

Why aren't you speaking out against that in bringing up the First Amendment?

Then why make it a point to stir the pot on threads such as this if it doesn't bother you?

Really? I've never met you, but I find your words, even as Doug was getting explanation from others, to be showing a dislike for me simply because of my belief system. Who's bothering whom?

The same goes the other way 'round. You decided to chime on this thread to stir the pot and further your own beliefs. Some of us knew there would be one or two of you who couldn't resist yourselves and even pointed it out at the very beginning. So, what's this as to who's not minding his own business and keeping his beliefs to himself?

I don't know. But when you point this out, specifically, you're truly saying that you're problem isn't with the "religious," only with Christians. If Doug's neighbor has been Buddhist and not Christian would you have chimed in?

Your own words show you to be exactly the kind of person you have a problem with. Here's your "H."

I chimed in to be honest about the nature of the major religions of the world.

Have you looked at those lawsuits at all? They're simple to reaffirm the 1st amendment. There is never a lawsuit of "remove this decoration on private" property. Its simply an issue of public property. Because we all pay taxes and public money/land should not be used to display specific religious views of any sort. I think its sad that people get upset about it.

The 1st amendment is both the freedom of and freedom from religion. Shouldnt that be obvious? Making sure there are no religion based laws ensures my freedom from religion, but no infringing upon your right to belief ensures your freedom of religion...simple right?

I carry no personal dislike for anyone here, even Denny who contends i'm a communist.

Well given that christianity is the "trouble maker" in this country, i do have a problem with it as its the mostly likely to affect my life. I feel the same way towards islam, but its not very big here and doesnt have the numbers to push its views on others.

as for the buddhist thing? Well, that's an interesting question. As it is right now with populations. Probably not because buddhists(in this country) don't do harm to others. Now if they were the majority in the nation...well who knows, they might be big PITAs like christianity or they might mind their own business like i'd hope.

And nope, not the kind of person i have problem with because I don't push my views on others or try to legislate my views on people. Where did i say everyone in this thread is gonna have to have a "come to science" moment and change their life so they don't go to...uhuhuh science hell?(sorry blanking, i don't have an evil "tortured forever" place in my world view)

It amazes me that an atheist can argue against something that doesn't exist.

Why? Just because something doesnt exist, doesnt mean that arguing about it pointless. Because people who deeply belief in something that doesnt exist can still have a harmful effect on the world.

Potentially that pyscho at that school went on a rampage for an irrational view of the world ending soon(which is obviously nonsense that isnt true). Not the best example i know, but given that he grew up with the doomsday thing and this was nearing the mayan doomsday thing...its not an unreasonable connection.(also noting that crazies have "mercy" killed others laboring under similar delusions)

I chimed in to be honest about the nature of the major religions of the world.

Yes, I see your first post. It didn't address anything to Doug at all. Or anything about Doug's neighbor specifically. You jumped in and started proclaiming your worldview. Now, again, what's this about others forcing themselves on you? Pot/kettle.

Have you looked at those lawsuits at all?

Have you? There's a sign here that says "Jesus Saves" on a hilltop which can be seen from the interstate. It's on private land. An atheist sued to have it taken down, because it was in view of the public. (Her contention in the lawsuit.) Yet it was private property.

They're simple to reaffirm the 1st amendment. There is never a lawsuit of "remove this decoration on private" property. Its simply an issue of public property. Because we all pay taxes and public money/land should not be used to display specific religious views of any sort. I think its sad that people get upset about it.

Since you haven't bothered to do all the research your contention is meaningless. What's sad is that the truly open minded, such as yourself, have a problem with any display of religion. If you were truly as open minded as you contend, you wouldn't.

The 1st amendment is both the freedom of and freedom from religion. Shouldnt that be obvious? Making sure there are no religion based laws ensures my freedom from religion, but no infringing upon your right to belief ensures your freedom of religion...simple right?

No, it's not that simple. I suggest you do more research on that, too. Start with the Founding Fathers and work your way up.

I carry no personal dislike for anyone here, even Denny who contends i'm a communist.

I believe you do. Your own words show such. "Suppressing thought" means an inability to think. On one hand you say you never said the "religious can't be intelligent" and then the next sentence you call us "religious idiots." That shows a dislike and arrogance.

Well given that christianity is the "trouble maker" in this country, i do have a problem with it as its the mostly likely to affect my life.

And how is Christianity "affecting your life," per se? I think you'll find there are just as many Christians that have a worldview that corresponds with the laws we have on the books now as you'll find Christians who don't. But, since you've closed off your mind you'll paint Christianity with a broad brush that allows you to filter the beliefs towards the "idiot" side and therefore set yourself as martyr in the debate.

I feel the same way towards islam, but its not very big here and doesnt have the numbers to push its views on others.

as for the buddhist thing? Well, that's an interesting question. As it is right now with populations. Probably not because buddhists(in this country) don't do harm to others. Now if they were the majority in the nation...well who knows, they might be big PITAs like christianity or they might mind their own business like i'd hope.

Again, I challenge you to talk to any number of Christians on any given subject matter. As I'm pro-life (it comes from holding my dead child) I've met a great many who are pro-choice. I'm also anti-death penalty (I don't have the power to restore life so I should be so quick to mete out death.) I know a great many who are pro-death penalty. Christian worldviews are as varied as theologies. But you wouldn't know that since you've closed your mind and decided to paint everyone with the same broad brush that allows you to continue the martyr's point of view.

And nope, not the kind of person i have problem with because I don't push my views on others or try to legislate my views on people.

Yes, you are, you just don't have the where-with-all to see it in yourself. You've done it in this thread and at least two others I've seen.

Where did i say everyone in this thread is gonna have to have a "come to science" moment and change their life so they don't go to...uhuhuh science hell?(sorry blanking, i don't have an evil "tortured forever" place in my world view)

You don't need to. Your own words as dismissing everyone as "closed minded" on your worldview (even as you show yourself to be), dismissing everyone who has faith as idiots with suppressed thought shows your own arrogance on the matter and it's easier to belittle all the while pretending to be a martyr.

Again, here's your "H."

Yes, I see your first post. It didn't address anything to Doug at all. Or anything about Doug's neighbor specifically. You jumped in and started proclaiming your worldview. Now, again, what's this about others forcing themselves on you? Pot/kettle.

Have you? There's a sign here that says "Jesus Saves" on a hilltop which can be seen from the interstate. It's on private land. An atheist sued to have it taken down, because it was in view of the public. (Her contention in the lawsuit.) Yet it was private property.

Since you haven't bothered to do all the research your contention is meaningless. What's sad is that the truly open minded, such as yourself, have a problem with any display of religion. If you were truly as open minded as you contend, you wouldn't.

No, it's not that simple. I suggest you do more research on that, too. Start with the Founding Fathers and work your way up.

I believe you do. Your own words show such. "Suppressing thought" means an inability to think. On one hand you say you never said the "religious can't be intelligent" and then the next sentence you call us "religious idiots." That shows a dislike and arrogance.

And how is Christianity "affecting your life," per se? I think you'll find there are just as many Christians that have a worldview that corresponds with the laws we have on the books now as you'll find Christians who don't. But, since you've closed off your mind you'll paint Christianity with a broad brush that allows you to filter the beliefs towards the "idiot" side and therefore set yourself as martyr in the debate.

I feel the same way towards islam, but its not very big here and doesnt have the numbers to push its views on others.

Again, I challenge you to talk to any number of Christians on any given subject matter. As I'm pro-life (it comes from holding my dead child) I've met a great many who are pro-choice. I'm also anti-death penalty (I don't have the power to restore life so I should be so quick to mete out death.) I know a great many who are pro-death penalty. Christian worldviews are as varied as theologies. But you wouldn't know that since you've closed your mind and decided to paint everyone with the same broad brush that allows you to continue the martyr's point of view.

Yes, you are, you just don't have the where-with-all to see it in yourself. You've done it in this thread and at least two others I've seen.

You don't need to. Your own words as dismissing everyone as "closed minded" on your worldview (even as you show yourself to be), dismissing everyone who has faith as idiots with suppressed thought shows your own arrogance on the matter and it's easier to belittle all the while pretending to be a martyr.

Again, here's your "H."

really? my first post has zero to do with the OPs thread? Its completely in reference to OP's post.

Funny, first article i look up from "Christianpost.com" says its a cross on public land.
http://www.christianpost.com/news/ind-land-with-jesus-saves-cross-to-be-sold-to-avoid-lawsuit-79826/

In fact every link clearly says its a public land issue. You're dead wrong.

I call someone a religious idiot when they think they're religion has any business in government. If you think otherwise, it doesnt apply to you.

Thankfully because decent people upholding our constitution, there really isnt christian legislation affecting me. However it has affected other people, gay people for instance. And then of course there are the insane laws passed in a few southern states that are basically anti-abortion laws.(I'm still not sure why they haven't been overturned yet) Laws that force women to jump threw inappropriate hoops to have an abortion.

And nope, i have not pushed atheism on anyone. I openly ridicule religion because its worthy of it, but if you're religious and harmless to others...be happy.

My question is for atheists:

What do you think of haunted houses, Possessions, and such?

So you know it, why don't you grasp it?

Its very spelled out. No religious laws, but government is not to infringe on the someone's practice of a religion.(within reason due to the social contract of living in a country of many cultures/religions)

Heavens YES, I know it...by heart. and it is the 1st Amendment...not a separation clause (sounds like a talking point to me)

where did you come up with that??? the same professor that gave you that interpatation?....another one of those geniuses who can't figure out how to mow their lawn

The 1st amendment is both the freedom of and freedom from religion. Shouldnt that be obvious?

no......it's laughable....

now Comrade Magnumdust.... why would our Founders bother with the jibberish BS you just stated? just doesn't make any sense.

but I can understand (of course' I'm not well educated like you) the Founders stating first and formost that you would not be forced to worship a Government established religion and furthermore you are free to worship ANY religion you desire.

pretty simple , without your BS added in

I call someone a religious idiot when they think they're religion has any business in government. If you think otherwise, it doesnt apply to you.

you do know that Congress has their own Chaplain...and they pray (to God)
at the beginning of every session?

have you ever been told that this nation is FOUNDED on Judeo-Christian values?

maybe your Progressive /Communist/Atheist professors skipped that part

you better ask for a refund...you got hosed!

you do know that Congress has their own Chaplain...and they pray (to God)
at the beginning of every session?

have you ever been told that this nation is FOUNDED on Judeo-Christian values?

maybe your Progressive /Communist/Atheist professors skipped that part

you better ask for a refund...you got hosed!

One is unconstitutional and the other is completely false. :)

My question is for atheists:

What do you think of haunted houses, Possessions, and such?

To me, its bogus. I want evidence, not some idiots with night vision in an old house or a video of a priest physically abusing a person.

Thank you for playing along. :thumblef: It's what's I've been expecting.

Nice to know that you just offended a great many on this board even as you claim offense for yourself.

Here's your "H."

My H? of hypocrisy? you've yet to demonstrate it and you're just being an *** with that.

no......it's laughable....

now Comrade Magnumdust.... why would our Founders bother with the jibberish BS you just stated? just doesn't make any sense.

but I can understand (of course' I'm not well educated like you) the Founders stating first and formost that you would not be forced to worship a Government established religion and furthermore you are free to worship ANY religion you desire.

pretty simple , without your BS added in

It makes perfect sense, our country was founded out people who came here to have religious freedom. Its not a big leap to say they understood that people should have freedom of beliefs regardless.(especially when so many of our founding fathers had very bad views towards organized religion)

Go read Thomas Payne's Common Sense. He's a founding father and that book is not friendly to your "judeo-christian" religion(always humorous when i read that. Given that without any other enemy christian denominations are quick to fight with eachother)

-
Back