I 81 in North Va. has a B5 Blue Section, or a Tale of Two Trailers

-
Glad everyone is ok, that could have been a lot worst. The good news is you moved to a great location and you have a Mopar Performance Shop in your area at the Chrysler Dodge dealership on Capital Blvd. I live in Greenville, NC about an hour away. Just for your info there is a Great Mopar event happening on this Saturday the day before Mothers day at Farmington NC just past Winston Salem, at the farmington dragstrip. Good luck and welcome to the area.

It sure could have been MUCH worse. I am still amazed no other vehicles were involved, as traffic was pretty heavy. I am also very thankful my wife was only shaken up.
Thanks for the heads up on the Performance Shop and the Farmington Event.

Glad no one was injured, and you are right it is just stuff. I have never liked towing shorter trailers, they are just squirrely at times. I had to drive an enclosed car trailer from Spokane to Phoenix a while back. It was empty. Did not have my equalizer on it as it was a rental trailer however the tongue was level. Was going down one of the passes in northern Idaho and caught a hell of a side wind. Picked the *** end of a 3/4 ton pickem truck up and moved it into the next lane. An experience I will never forget.....and pretty much changed my mind about getting an enclosed trailer one day....

Lose that POS trailer and get a good one with low sides similar to the car trailer. Those high sides will catch the wind everytime. Glad no one was hurt.

Wow.. Glad to hear your wife is OK. Nothing can be scarier than witnessing that happening and there is nothing you can do to help.

Now my obligatory paint story :)

As a youngster, my best friend and I both worked as drivers for a local paint company. Well, on the way out on a run, I see this little trail of orange paint on the road - CN orange industrial enamel to be precise. I followed it darn near half way across the city, like a detective. There was spatter in places, and puddles (with tire tracks in them) at intersections. After about half an hour, I caught up to him. Seems like a 5gal bucket on the skid got punctured by the forklift when it was being loaded, and was running out the back of the van. Man we had a laugh over that one!

Grant

Glad no one was hurt. My guess is the "drop" coming off the bridge may have started the "wag the dog" And caused the loss of control. I'd fight the ticket and give them some crap about the ridiculous state of the roads and bridges in that spot. I ran up & down there for years in the Big Rig. My travel mug flew out of the cup holder many times. The wind is also very fierce through there.

Glad every one is OK!!! Every thing else doesn't matter,And yes a HEMI is a must for the Durango good luck...............

Glad no one was hurt. My guess is the "drop" coming off the bridge may have started the "wag the dog" And caused the loss of control. I'd fight the ticket and give them some crap about the ridiculous state of the roads and bridges in that spot. I ran up & down there for years in the Big Rig. My travel mug flew out of the cup holder many times. The wind is also very fierce through there.

OwdKasd, good point. With the moving truck, pulling the Cuda, I got so I was watching the vehicles down the road in front of me and the more they bounced, the more I would slow down before hitting the bridges on I-81.

Glad no one was injured, and you are right it is just stuff. I have never liked towing shorter trailers, they are just squirrely at times. I had to drive an enclosed car trailer from Spokane to Phoenix a while back. It was empty. Did not have my equalizer on it as it was a rental trailer however the tongue was level. Was going down one of the passes in northern Idaho and caught a hell of a side wind. Picked the *** end of a 3/4 ton pickem truck up and moved it into the next lane. An experience I will never forget.....and pretty much changed my mind about getting an enclosed trailer one day....

Wow! That is crazy. I guess when you see Semi's blown off the road by the wind, it should tell us something. The tow guy at the scene said they have a couple of trailer accidents a year in that area.

-
Back