I am a big softie...

-

MTmopars

Reaction score
So I'm an animal lover. I got off early from work today and before I had to pick watch my kids at 3 I went to help my father change his water pressure tank and switch. He rents a lot next door to my brother on law who moved a new mobile home on for his oil field workers to live in as a home away from home. When we hooked up the water we found that a bunch of the connection in the trailer were leaking. Called the company to send someone to fix it. The guy they called found the leak... and 7 kittens who survived the ride from williston. 6 made it the 6 days since. So now we don't have a shelter. Don't have a humane society. No God Damn Nuttin! Trying to figure out how to feed 4 wk old kittens and find forever homes.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_13976779585977361.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 162
Go to a pet shop and get some little bottles with nipples. You can get formula for them, but we've found they like whole milk with a little honey in it, plus it's a lot cheaper. It will fatten their asses up in no time.

What happened to mama cat?

Who can resist baby kittens? I'm afraid to go to the shelter for fear what I might drag home. I've had 3 cats, RIP. At my age, I'm not sure I want to take on more.

I guess I'm a softie too, in 2009 a young cat almost got run over in front of my workplace, the car stopped and the cat was underneath the center of the car, I motioned the driver to slowly move forward while I watched the cat, just as the rear wheels passed, the cat darted to the side under a pickup truck so I gave the driver a thumbs up and off he went.
Meanwhile the cat started crying under the truck constantly, after about 2 minutes of that I just couldn't take it anymore, I went across the street and sat on the curb talking to him and praying he didn't bolt back in the street again, and all he did was jump up on the rear diff and sit there. I was able to pet him and after a few minutes had him in my arms. "Moe" as we named him and his brother live with us, but that is another story.

What happened to mama cat?

Who can resist baby kittens? I'm afraid to go to the shelter for fear what I might drag home. I've had 3 cats, RIP. At my age, I'm not sure I want to take on more.

I assume mama cat is still in williston. Probably got scared when the workers started getting the trailer ready to move.

Luckily a friend has experience with little kittens and works with a shelter in Billings.

We don't have a pet shop and local vet doesn't take in strays either. They set us up with a bottle and milk replacement before we found a place for them. It breaks my heart to know that these 3wk old kittens have at best 50/50 chance without momma, but that's better than 0.

Actually they may have as good as chance with you and careful care as they do with mama in the wild or even better

Go to a pet shop and get some little bottles with nipples. You can get formula for them, but we've found they like whole milk with a little honey in it, plus it's a lot cheaper. It will fatten their asses up in no time.

Many years ago my Ex took a very young kitten from a neighbor that found it in the trash dumpster at her job. The vet we were dealing with told us to do exactly what RRR mentioned above. Tiger did not get to be very big but he loved my Ex like she was his world. That kitten was the reason I had no eyebrows for a while..long story..will look for the picture....

i like animals better then people. i have a cat that we saved as a baby. now she is 22+ years old. i think shes going to out live me. another we save as a baby now lays onder the car when im under it, or on the floor of the car when im under the dash, and sits anywhere slose when im outside. im thinking its a dog in cat cloths.

We actually just adopted 5 out, but we still have too many.

We have 2 cats now. Both were strays. One has been with us for about 12 years, the other just started hanging around this month. Both females. the older one had one litter of 4 kittens before we had her spayed.

The new one shows no fear of people, and in fact, will roll over on her back and want to play if you approach her.

-
Back