I am crazy......not!

-

gdrill

I AM
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok, I admit, I'm a bit outa hand when it comes to cars. I have no problem accepting that. So I had to move the Coronet out of the shop today in order to get this in. It is a 72 Gold Duster. All there, complete, original engine etc. 318 auto, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, I traded my 78 D100 for it. Now I know that if you know my truck........that wasn't a good deal. BUT. It has an A-body size 8 3/4", with brand new Auborn-3:55 sure grip, new BBP axles, he said the name, not sure, Denver or something similar and backing plates with 10" X 2 1/2" brakes. And did I mention it is a complete car? Anyway, it needs quarters, the rest of the car is rock solid. I have only ever seen one better set of floors and trunk.....up here anyway. In any case, it was a good reason to fire up the Coronet, I'm just waiting on a windshield for inspection on it. So now I gotta fix up a 69, do quarters on this one, assemble and sell.......maybe install big block......we'll see. Saving never ends.........but I love it! I just wish somebody reproduced the gold snakeskin vinyl top it would have had.

IMG_6655[1].JPG

IMG_6656[1].JPG

IMG_00021.jpg

IMG_01531.jpg

IMG_00161.jpg

IMG_01441.jpg

IMG_01451.jpg

IMG_01461.jpg

IMG_01491.jpg

Last edited:
They are purdy, but no identifying marks. They may be Dr. Diff as I believe some of the other stuff came from him.

IMG_6657[1].JPG
IMG_6658.JPG
IMG_6660.JPG

Last edited:
I believe those are his house brand axles. Most axles are shiny. He told me once that his brand are black.

They must have made a zillion 72 dusters in white. I have a 72 duster in white with a blue interior.
In the last two months I must have seen at least 15 white 72 dusters

Great looking cars though, its no wonder they sold extremely well when new

@Dartnut , did I send a couple Demon / Duster pop out windows to Cranny? I had a set and can't find them anywhere......yet!
I can't remember taking any out there for you (unless they're in the back of that silver '75 Duster of yours), but i'm sure i will have some that work at any rate.
However, i probably have at least 10 sets to choose from for under a grand per set...................lol
(You know me, master hoarder extraordinaire)
I would be willing to trade for an excellent running 440 H.P. engine and 2 bumper bolts straight across.

I believe those are his house brand axles. Most axles are shiny. He told me once that his brand are black.

Perfect, thank you for that. I know who built the diff and figured they would be good quality regardless.

They must have made a zillion 72 dusters in white. I have a 72 duster in white with a blue interior.
In the last two months I must have seen at least 15 white 72 dusters

Great looking cars though, its no wonder they sold extremely well when new

Agreed Rainy. They did build a lot in white. Fortunately, white with black accents is almost my favorite combo!

I can't remember taking any out there for you (unless they're in the back of that silver '75 Duster of yours), but i'm sure i will have some that work at any rate.
However, i probably have at least 10 sets to choose from for under a grand per set...................lol
(You know me, master hoarder extraordinaire)
I would be willing to trade for an excellent running 440 H.P. engine and 2 bumper bolts straight across.

OK, I have a 440, non HP........but I can't seem to find two bumper bolts.
I have to look harder, I had a nice set and didn't sell them at the swap meet. In the mess I guess!

Perfect, thank you for that. I know who built the diff and figured they would be good quality regardless.

Agreed Rainy. They did build a lot in white. Fortunately, white with black accents is almost my favorite combo!

OK, I have a 440, non HP........but I can't seem to find two bumper bolts.
I have to look harder, I had a nice set and didn't sell them at the swap meet. In the mess I guess!
Okay, i'll wait until you find them then.
They are made of Unobtainium.
Has John Molson been in your shop organizing it again?

LOL, oh ya. There has been some switching it up going on. You'll have to pop over for the squeal of approval.

Thanx junkie. I can't wait to get the Coronet on the road. My windshield came in with blemishes. Only days away from another. Then its inspection time!

Yes, yes he is! He thought you were going to do a drive by? But alas, we had an entertaining day none the less!

-
Back