I am posting this here because nothing else makes sense

-
Just reading this made me cringe....
yeah. It hurst like a m.f.er. I have a scar on my left wrist from a cobra helicopter rotor chain (segment) that I used to wear on my wrist that caught the hot terminal on the alternator of a caprice.

I stopped wearing jewelry, except on occasions other than job related. Even without wearing metals I was electrocuted 5 times over the years. I was bitten by the power too many times to count. All barehanded

The audio system is in Natalie. It took 3.5 hours just to get the back seat unhooked from the floor, So I gave up and only lifted the passenger side back seat bottom. I needed to cut open the front dashboard to allow for the audio system to fit in.
Natalie is now ready for her road trips trials. I only put the speakers in the rear deck.
I still need the parts to repair the fire damaged a/c electrical wiring, but it is not crucial as the temps are comfortable in the high 80 to low 90s.
After putting in the new seat belts and smaller steering wheel, she feels like an everyday vehicle. I feel totally comfortable driving her and do not have that impending disaster fear I had driving her before.

Speaking of Audio systems, What have you done for the front speakers on your systems (if you put in a stereo system).
Did you put them in your kick panels or did you put them in the door panels?

Here is what a lot of members do if they don't want to cut extra holes in their cars.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=129759&highlight=speaker

attachment.php

Speaking of Audio systems, What have you done for the front speakers on your systems (if you put in a stereo system).

There's a member here that sells a bracket to allow mounting of 2 speakers in the original dash speaker location. That's what I did with mine.......

Send a PM to '74 Sport if you're interested.

Edit ^^^^^ There's the link posted above!!

There's a member here that sells a bracket to allow mounting of 2 speakers in the original dash speaker location. That's what I did with mine.......

Send a PM to '74 Sport if you're interested.

Edit ^^^^^ There's the link posted above!!

The speakers being so close together, there is not sound separation. I do not see it being any better than the original 6x9

The audio system is in Natalie. It took 3.5 hours just to get the back seat unhooked from the floor, So I gave up and only lifted the passenger side back seat bottom. I needed to cut open the front dashboard to allow for the audio system to fit in.
Natalie is now ready for her road trips trials. I only put the speakers in the rear deck.
I still need the parts to repair the fire damaged a/c electrical wiring, but it is not crucial as the temps are comfortable in the high 80 to low 90s.
After putting in the new seat belts and smaller steering wheel, she feels like an everyday vehicle. I feel totally comfortable driving her and do not have that impending disaster fear I had driving her before.

I put these in my '67 A-body (Barracuda) They really worked slick and sound great.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Auto...t=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item3a7ff17f1c&vxp=mtr

I put these in my '67 A-body (Barracuda) They really worked slick and sound great.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Auto...t=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item3a7ff17f1c&vxp=mtr

Those are what I was going to suggest. I have a set that I will install as the interior of my 64ragtop comes together.

The part that burned up is the heater blower motor resistor. Similar to this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Vintage...Parts_Accessories&hash=item53fb54764a&vxp=mtr

ebay can be your friend!! I just searched there for "Mopar blower motor resistor" and there it was!

BC

Those are what I was going to suggest. I have a set that I will install as the interior of my 64ragtop comes together.

The part that burned up is the heater blower motor resistor. Similar to this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Vintage...Parts_Accessories&hash=item53fb54764a&vxp=mtr

ebay can be your friend!! I just searched there for "Mopar blower motor resistor" and there it was!

BC

I ordered that part immediately upon seeing it. Now under close inspection I asked the seller to check the part to see if it will fit.
Mine has 4 lugs and I think 3 resistors ...... this one appears to have 5 lugs and 4 resistors. I will wait to hear from him

I ordered that part immediately upon seeing it. Now under close inspection I asked the seller to check the part to see if it will fit.
Mine has 4 lugs and I think 3 resistors ...... this one appears to have 5 lugs and 4 resistors. I will wait to hear from him

I did hear from Lorie the seller, she says there are differences from the pix I sent her and the part he had in her hand. She cancelled the order. No harm, No foul.
Ed

Must a been a good week for fire ,my wifes neon caught fire [electrical ] for no reason .i too am glad no one was hurt !

Posting in the wanted forum/add's works :cheers: just ask me :eek:ccasion::eek:ccasion:

There were several blower resistors in that ebay section, from different sellers. But try the parts wanted section here and get one from a member here, if possible. Dunno why I didn't think of that...

BC

There were several blower resistors in that ebay section, from different sellers. But try the parts wanted section here and get one from a member here, if possible. Dunno why I didn't think of that...

BC

Thank you my friend, I already am buying one from a member here.

Natalie is in the shop supposedly getting the fuel pump replaced.
But when they drained the oil there was a bunch of bearing materials in the oil. The oil was only a couple days old.

They are going to see if they can do a crank job on her or if the damage is too far gone she will get a rebuilt engine. I will stick with the 318. I have given some thought to putting in the 225 slant six, what I originally wanted but was talked out of it.

BC

Since your order has already been canceled this is really useless information but the application for the 3502119 resistor is Mopar A/C Blower Motor Resistor 1972 C Body Without Auto Temp.

I have one of the center speaker setups in my wife's classic Mustang. Fine if you want some sound out of the front and don't want to cut holes anywhere. You don't get stereo separation but, you can still hook it up stereo so you don't have to run just one side of your deck and miss out on any sound coming from the other channel. My Barracuda had holes in the bottom of the door panels when I got it so, I put some 5" Pioneers in there. I did have to bend the window crank handles out away from the door a tad so they would clear the speaker grills.

Natalie is in the shop supposedly getting the fuel pump replaced.
But when they drained the oil there was a bunch of bearing materials in the oil. The oil was only a couple days old.

They are going to see if they can do a crank job on her or if the damage is too far gone she will get a rebuilt engine. I will stick with the 318. I have given some thought to putting in the 225 slant six, what I originally wanted but was talked out of it.

I am debating where to go straight to the rebuilt engine or the crank job. If I go for the crank job, I think I will always be waiting for the other shoe to drop. With a rebuilt I am spending about twice as much but will I be getting peace of mine or waiting for a boot to drop also

:banghead: :argue:

PS, I went over to my mechanic and told him to rebuild the engine. Not just the Crank Job

I stopped over at the garage and found that the long block has been put back into Natalie. I had hoped to take her to a show Saturday nite. but it does not appear she will be finished.
I spent the day rewiring a spare instrument cluster I have here. I took it totally LED. I removed the sockets that the 194 lights went in and hard wired the replacement LEDs I had got for her into the turn signals, hi beam and brake indicators. For illumination I hard wired 2 strings of LED lamps across the top of the cluster can.

I told the garage to not charger the AC as I have the replacement parts at home to replace the fire damaged components. Then with the exception of the touch up painting she is finished.

The new radiator I got for Natalie does not fit. The engine fan touches the radiator. I need about a 1/4" more clearance. Pictured is the radiator mounted in the car.

I assumed the radiator they sent was for a vehicle without A/C . I had them put the original radiator back in so I can drive her until I get a proper fitting one
:banghead:

Attachments

• 2013-10-19 09.53.21.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 108
-
Back