I am really surprised this didn't kick up

-
Just going to toss this into the discussion... my MP Chassis Manual has a section on structural chassis mods and covers subframe connectors. It's mentioned as something you should do to any Mopar you intend to modify for performance. If the factory engineers didn't think it was necessary or beneficial (or would potentially compromise other parts of the unibody structure) I don't think it would have been published in those books (written by Chrysler engineers) for the past 40-some years.
Those engineers back in the day wrote the BOOK on Mopar engine and chassis high performance mods. Maybe re read his post again?

I think it all boils down to what you're going to do with the car. Most all of the cars I've built in the past have been down the strip a few times with slicks. IMO, if you do "THAT" frame connectors are a good idea.

I don't disagree.

Those engineers back in the day wrote the BOOK on Mopar engine and chassis high performance mods. Maybe re read his post again?

Again, I don't disagree, but the types of force and loads a street car see compared to a competition vehicle are two very different things. Factor in also that the performance vehicle is driven by a 'car guy or gal' who notices that weird twerk in the bumpsteer or strange creak in the rear quarter, and investigates, versus most people that just turn the radio up.

Ya gotta put yourselves in the shoes of the OE engineer when you look at why they did it, just as you gotta put yourselves in the shoes of the hotrodder, when he decides to change it.

-
Back