I beat "The Man".

-
we pay a 5 dollar environmental tax per tire when the tire is purchased new and we can take all the tires we want to the dump for free .

Nice! Care to call our politicians and suggest they do that here?

so now that we got all this straightened out...what was that you said about SPB wheels?
any 15X8 aluminum slots in there?

because I (raising wagging finger) am looking for a set

Sorry that I cannot help. Every wheel I had was a 13 or 14" steelie. Most were 13". I do realize the value of decent small bolt pattern stuff, especially the styled wheels and aftermarket stuff. I get asked about them almost every time I sell stuff at swap meets. I have given away SBP wheels when the tires on them are good.

its not my place to judge you or others, but you gave your story and I indirectly question your actions to be "right". I assume you placed the thread to have discussion!? you basically saw it with humor and did no wrong, maybe so or not.

I, myself have made plenty of mistakes in my life. I just try to recognize them and not repeat them.

I was just making conversation about something that I thought was funny. I wasn't trying to bait the angry mob.

thanks for letting me know about the rims
too bad

I have noticed they are getting hard to come by, but since I found a small bolt pattern 8 3/4 rear end I'm pretty set on keeping the SBP

For the sake of originality I can understand. I like adding disc brakes to these old cars and the larger bolt pattern is the most common to find.

originality isn't really the issue, by the time I got to get the car, it had already been repainted (not the same color) and reupholstered (in a non stock looking way)

maybe I'm just lazy

I do intent to at some point changing over to front discs, but ill shoot for a KH set on that

What is peculiar is calling out someone for stealing from a government facility when the accuser has stolen $700 from me.

People have been fairly gracious with Kern Dog telling him to abide by the rules/not to steal. Just tell him once, no need to badger him-that isn't any better.

If he won't repent or amend his actions, eventually he gets caught.

It's not right to cheat the system, but say in a similar fashion Volkswagen cheats U.S. Emissions, it's cheating a system on the grand scale, which isn't the same as stealing from a person. Not less wrong per say, but not an infringement or sin against another individual.

I took a water heater to the scrap yard, they gave me 80# of scrap metal value. There is no way there is 80# of metal in there but I didnt notice until I looked at the receipt. I think there was still some water or wet insulation in there...Did I cheat the man? Those yards really make out. My father in law did industrial scrap in the tens of thoudands of lbs, and that stuff came in by the shipping container. Went out to China just as fast with a markup. that $x.xx you get for AL cans is sold for more than they give you for sure. Not a bad gig....people bring you stuff to buy all day long and you sell it for more!

I was lurking in FBBO and Mr. Kern Dog brought up this same topic there . lots of interesting views and opinions there also!

out here in the sticks, I have a pretty good size lime sink I can toss trash in and I do if it id not something that can filter down into our water system. our burnable trash gets a match when not too dry and windy... ( well water here). neighbor have old silo on his place, he has been tossing cans in there for decades.

trash is a problem. N Y City, I understand they haul theirs out and dump in the ocean!?????? not good if true! I figure if a trash dump makes a profit, that is good and free enterprize e at work. the dump is a necessity of life!?????

as adults, I HOPE, when we do " bend the rules" a little, that there are not young impressionable children watching. same as us guys here talking of " street racing". we know we have all probably done at last some. true!??. but we do not need to let young people thing it is O K, cool, no risk you yourself or othe r innocent lives!?????

as adults, I HOPE, when we do " bend the rules" a little, that there are not young impressionable children watching. same as us guys here talking of " street racing". we know we have all probably done at last some. true!??.

Good example.

Because we all know there are a selective few of us here who have never honestly done a damned thing wrong in their lives and can sit and tell everyone such.

As I keep telling people: "There's only been one Perfect Man who's walked this Earth and I never got an application for that job."

-
Back