I bought a speaker from Year One

-

cudajim

cudajim
Reaction score
I recently bought a 4x10 speaker from Year One to replace the existing factory speaker in the dash on my 67 Barracuda. It came after being on backorder after 4 weeks. I opened the box and the speaker had little metal shavings all over the magnet. Upon further inspection I noticed someone had taken it to a grinder and ground off all 4 corners so it couldn't be mounted. It soon became obvious this was someone else's returned item they had hacked.

I called Year One and they said they will send another one right away and not to bother sending the other one back. I am glad they stepped up to the plate immediately but I still have to wonder how the bad part got back into their system. I guess my point is that they still run a good business and if things go awry they take care of it immediately.

Interesting CudaJim! I have dealt with YearOne many times. And with the same result too often. Knobs, handles, and other items I have ordered. Sometimes what I received was different then the order # in their book. And like you I have received someone elses' return.

That is great to hear they stepped up to the plate and took care of it. All too often, we only hear of bad things about Year One.

These times have people getting pretty brave when it comes to returning stuff. Recently, I bought a 5 quart jug of Mobil One from Wally World for the Challenger. Got home with it, and was ready to dump it in after I had the oil drained. Some jerk had returned their drained oil to Wal Mart, and it was pretty darn disgusting. It made it back on to the shelf somehow. Cost me about an hour out of my day, and I was a little steamed.

So I got another update from Year One. Apparently all the speakers from this run were ground down for a specific application (don't know what that could be). They were good enough to take it back so I have to commend them. I also have to say their customer service is outstanding! They always take care of things and don't make you feel like you're the dumbass.

Year One has very good customer service and are excellent at standing behind their products. I've had more than one experience with returning items to them and they have been stellar on all accounts. Case in point.... some people may remember the 68/69 fan shrouds that egged shaped after a few heat cycles.

That is great to hear they stepped up to the plate and took care of it. All too often, we only hear of bad things about Year One.

These times have people getting pretty brave when it comes to returning stuff. Recently, I bought a 5 quart jug of Mobil One from Wally World for the Challenger. Got home with it, and was ready to dump it in after I had the oil drained. Some jerk had returned their drained oil to Wal Mart, and it was pretty darn disgusting. It made it back on to the shelf somehow. Cost me about an hour out of my day, and I was a little steamed.

I know the feeling, when I bought the '67 shell most of it was bare metal. Picked up 2 rust treatment bottles at Napa, first one was perfect. Second one I noticed the foil seal was gone, also noted that it was a lot runnier. Started coating the doors and it started insta-rusting on me...seems some jack *** used half a bottle than filled it full of water and returned it.

I know the feeling, when I bought the '67 shell most of it was bare metal. Picked up 2 rust treatment bottles at Napa, first one was perfect. Second one I noticed the foil seal was gone, also noted that it was a lot runnier. Started coating the doors and it started insta-rusting on me...seems some jack *** used half a bottle than filled it full of water and returned it.

That would really suck, ouch!

-
Back