I bought my first Dart!

-

Aaron

Reaction score
I have been driving my duster daily, but its been getting too pricey for gas here, so I picked up this Slant Six powered 72 swinger to be my daily ride. I have always wanted another A-Body, it has only 60,900 miles (judging from the wear on brake pedal and other parts, I believe they are actual), been in a barn most of its life. I bought it from a city about 100 miles away from here, drove it home just fine! I am planing to clean it really well and change all the hoses, fluids and do a good tune up (it runs really well already). And surprisingly everything works on the car! I am so excited to get something new (to me) that I wanted to share!! Here are some quick pictures I took last night after I got home:
SANY0243.jpg

SANY0242.jpg
SANY0244.jpg
SANY0245.jpg

SANY0246.jpg

We'll see how long that thing stays a relatively gas-friendly slant 6 car!!! If it were me it wouldn't last for very long!

Very neat, nice new toy

Looks like a good buy,congrats.:thumleft:BTW like those wheels on the Duster!8)

Don't kid yourself with the saving gas idea. You could buy a lot of gas for your Duster with the money you used to buy the Dart. You just like buying A-bodies!!!

Since noone else will. How much did you give for it?

They were asking 2,500, I paid 2,300. It came with an extra intake and 2 exhaust manifolds (I guess they will eventually crack with age). I only wanted to pay 2000 for it, but it drove and ran so well, and the interior is still in really really good shape (seats are still soft and very very comfortable!). It doesnt have any rust at all , and is factory undercoated (so so so clean underneath) I couldn't pass it up. I cleaned it really well today and polished some of the oxidized paint so it looks much better. I'm sure I'll have questions for y'all later as I do more maintenance on it. Thanks for the compliments, I can't wait to drive it to work tomorrow.

Vin breakdown:
Body Type: L = Dodge Dart / Demon
Price Class: H = High
Body Type: 23 = 2 Door Hardtop
Engine: C = 225 110HP(net) 1-1BBL 6 CYL
Year: 2 = 1972
B = Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
Sequence Number: 447008 = 347008th Vehicle Built

Congrat's on a new driver, Yep I think ya like the A bodies :cheers:
It sure looks complete and in good shape :cheers:

Wow, what a beautiful car!
Great example of the kind of thing that can be found in a barn and picked up for relatively cheap in great shape...
I wish my 74 looked that good when I bought it.

-
Back