I built a freaking monster. WHOOOOHOOO

-
The more I listen to that audio clip the more I think I went too small with my cam choice. I went with the Comp Cam's XE 274 H in my engine. It's advertised as a .488/.491 dual pattern.

Any opinions? To generalize, it's in a 10:1 360 with Edlebrock heads, complete MSD ignition, TTI's and a 6Bbl.

But Dave, the sound of your car..... It gives me wood.
eck24.gif

I think you will be happy,at 750 it lopes pretty decent,I ran it in a 9.1 400 pontiac once and it sounded mean even with those cubes-not to mention the tire boiling low rpm torque you will experience in your 360 compared to a larger cam.

Dave,

Sounds bitchen... What was the idle RPM?

You might be a little under carbed IMHO. 340's tend to eat up carb volume.

I have a 305H that i might put in a 360/4 speed car. I love the way your car idles.

Rob

You are almost there...Congrats! An inspiration for sure.

I'm a month behind you on my complete swap into my 65 Dart: slant six, 904 to 340 x-head, LD340 intake, TTI headers, custom x-pipe exhaust w/spintech mufflers, 4-row radiator, 727 w/manual valve body, rebuilt suspension, reinforced k-frame, 1 1/8" swaybar, LBP front discs, new brake lines, 2-bolt 15/16" manual M/C, 8 1/4 LBP 3.23 sure grip, and titanium-colored powdercoated cop wheels.

Just hearing your engine is serious motivation. Keep it up. Can't wait to see it in person!

Doug

Right on Dave !!!!!

It has been a long time coming.

Sounds great !!!!

Hope all is well.

The more I listen to that audio clip the more I think I went too small with my cam choice. I went with the Comp Cam's XE 274 H in my engine. It's advertised as a .488/.491 dual pattern.

Any opinions? To generalize, it's in a 10:1 360 with Edlebrock heads, complete MSD ignition, TTI's and a 6Bbl.

But Dave, the sound of your car..... It gives me wood.
eck24.gif

That's funny John my good buddy that was there with me said the same thing. Thecar gave him wood too. LOL

Dave,

Sounds bitchen... What was the idle RPM?

You might be a little under carbed IMHO. 340's tend to eat up carb volume.

I have a 305H that i might put in a 360/4 speed car. I love the way your car idles.

Rob

Idle was about 1070. You should hear it when the idle is down around 800. I have a 750 Holley 3310 that is already prepped I don't imagine it will make all that much difference 2-3 hp if that. No need to over carb IMO at this point :happy4:

You are almost there...Congrats! An inspiration for sure.

I'm a month behind you on my complete swap into my 65 Dart: slant six, 904 to 340 x-head, LD340 intake, TTI headers, custom x-pipe exhaust w/spintech mufflers, 4-row radiator, 727 w/manual valve body, rebuilt suspension, reinforced k-frame, 1 1/8" swaybar, LBP front discs, new brake lines, 2-bolt 15/16" manual M/C, 8 1/4 LBP 3.23 sure grip, and titanium-colored powdercoated cop wheels.

Just hearing your engine is serious motivation. Keep it up. Can't wait to see it in person!

Doug

Sounding like a great build. Hopefully we can get together sometime Doug. I still have your number. Let me know if you need any advice on those tti's. I bet you'll love the spintech's I hear good things about them. I think they look bad *** too. The LD340 seems like it would limit you? Keep us posted on your build.

Dave

All i can say is too freekin cool. sounds great Dave. I can hear the chevys shaking from here

-
Back