I can only imagine.....

-

Small Block

Reaction score
.....what a gathering it would be to have all the FABO gang present at one gathering. All with name tags so we could all be able to put a name with the face and personally shake the hand of those we have known so long without ever meeting them. Did i say AWESOME?
Small Block

OK, lets make a date, 2012, just before the world goes Ka-Blewie. LOL

In Ohio, or Mi. , somewhat centrally located. Wheres a big hall? Er, 1/4 mile track I mean.

Count me in! Dogs will there too, I hope it's not a problem..... :) We'll all sleep in the camper I'll tow with the RC.

Well shifty, I'm counting on small blocks response for how many people his house can hold....

The nearest 1/4 mile track....

and how many hot dawgs I gotta tote along. ;)

I think it would be gateway intl. in ST.LOUIS MO but thats just my guess that's where i met him.

.....what a gathering it would be to have all the FABO gang present at one gathering. All with name tags so we could all be able to put a name with the face and personally shake the hand of those we have known so long without ever meeting them. Did i say AWESOME?
Small Block

Hey...I will just drive my duster there....been wanting to go on a road trip anyway...I'm in!

how about national train raceway in central ohio? same place they have the mopar nats. im in, only a 2 hour drive for me :)

In the Prowler Owners Association we have events every year somewhere. This year there were about 80 Prowlers in Branson in June and then the 1st of this month in Piegon Forge, Tenn another event with about 80 cars.

One of the members has a printing company and he makes name badges for the group. On it has name, screen name and picture of their car. I'm so bad with names it is the best way for everyone to know who they are talking to.

As far as trying to have an event. I would suggest using the ones that are already planned. Mopar Nationals, Vegas, St. Louis, Carlile are all planned and large enough for the FABO members to plan to meet and socialize.

Due to the distance everyone would have to drive it would be had to get everyone there in one place. But with the Prowler group, if someone plans an event then THEY WILL COME.

Right now an event is being planned for June 2010 in Maryland and the hotel is almost sold out.

So is there anything interesting in your area that members would want to come and see and do? How many would want to go to a drag strip, car show/cruise in or take a scenic cruise on some twisty roads?

My only event I did in Indy was in 2000 and we had 17 Prowlers, in 2001 we went to Deadwood SD and had 58 Prowlers, in 2003 in PF, Tenn 106 Prowlers, (cruised to Biltmore estate with 96 Prowlers) in 2007 for the 10th anniversary of the start of production we had 180 Prowlers at the Walter P. Chrysler museum.

How many have been to the Dream Cruise in Detroit? (weekend after Mopar Nats)

Or a trip to Somerset, KY for their big cruise (last Saturday of the month all summer long)

You plan it, THEY WILL COME.

Great idea for a FABO gathering.....AWESOME is right 8)

Well that would be cool,wouldn't it! In 2012 I will be there won't be workin any more.What a blast.:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:Can smell the burning rubber and hotdogs right now.

I am calling the State forestry :-Dand getting free lodging and expenses paid to the furthest away :clock: the caterers would lend a had to your expenses and the Dare program to give us 8 hours of paid entertainment with all these MoPar's coming together, It will do the city good 8) The Delta Blues.. Look it up.8) We have the members to pull off one of the very best MoPar show in the mid south before ya know it.
I go to petit jean Mt. every year, About a three hour drive for me.
I just soon bring it to J Town (Jonesboro Arkansas.
It's possible to get announcements all over the air ways and before ya know it's the best two ta three days of good food and fellow ship and get paidfor showing up.

Ok I have been drinking.:drinkers: Ok just :drinkers::drinkers:

<< looking at the 5 1/2 acre spread and thinking I need a LOT more parking spaces >>

This isn't the first time a FABO party has been brought up ... we just need to DO IT!

<< looking at the 5 1/2 acre spread and thinking I need a LOT more parking spaces >>

This isn't the first time a FABO party has been brought up ... we just need to DO IT!

So true :-D I think the fourthteenthundredth :toothy10:

There seems to be a lot of interest in a real getogether. Tell ya what i'll do. I'll investigate the possibilities of such a happening and see if it's feasable. I know there are those that live on the east coast and there are those that live on the west, north and south so this is going to be an issue. I do know that there are those members that are on here just for the pleasure of the info that surfaces from time to time and could care less if they ever met someone other than their next meal so with that said there are those of us that thrive on meeting other members. For myself it has nothing to do with trying to impress one another but simply to meet other good people. I work for a living also as many of us have to do. I haven't won any powerball YET. If we had a single function i would think one could draw a straight line from the NE corner to the SW corner of the U.S. then draw a line from the NW to the SE corner and at that intersecting line determine a gathering spot. Just a thought. Then one could also take and do 4 functions. One in each region, sort a like time zones in the middle of that region. As stated before , there are already great gatherings in different areas that one could use to hold this type of gathering and the promoters would be more than glad to have us as we are 10000 plus strong. These are some thoughts of mine so give me yours. This could happen as early as next summer. I would attend all of em to meet you if it would happen in that fashion. I do have 50 acres here that would make a great place to have it and there are plenty of camping areas and also several motels that would cater to this. I could contact the chamber of commerce and see what effort they could put forth in a large function, such as discounts and meal vouchers. Just a thought. Closest drag srip would be Rogersville near Springfield and then there is " George Rays" down in the Jonesboro area at MeMikes location.
Small Block

Guys comin' with their cars (I'd be one......the 67 Coody gets 22mpg) could pack the trunk with their small parts and set up a great swap meet too if we had the space!

I is all in on 'dis if it comes together! :cheers:

Seems to me that even if it's a small function to start, it would grow from there. I've got some deadlines that I want to meet (Carlisle 2011 for the Dip) and some functions to shoot for (Columbus with the 'Cuda) so even if some can't make it for the first year, the second, third, etc, years can become sustainable goals to put on the calender to save and shoot for...
With the number of members here such a thing would snowball.

Amen. This is why I said at a 1/4 strip track. Everyone can have space to do some raceing, bench racing, and camping. Or hotel if need be.

-
Back