I cannot access the tire gear & speed calculator

-
When they revamped BBD, they screwed up the site. It is confusing & NOT user friendly.

Hadn't been on since the revamp. You're right, I can't find the tech pages at all.

When they revamped BBD, they screwed up the site. It is confusing & NOT user friendly.

I like my version better. It SUCKS. When I started seein **** ads, I ain't been back. That was years ago. Pity too. They had some information over there that was nowhere else on the net.

Never seen any **** ads over there or on any of the Mopar sites I frequent, but yeah with the revamp the site sucks.

Never seen any **** ads over there or on any of the Mopar sites I frequent, but yeah with the revamp the site sucks.

They're over there. @Jim Lusk has commented on them a time or two, in fact, I saw a couple on one of his posts. .........and it's NOT suggestions from MY computer either. LMAO

MPH= (rpm x Tc)/( 1056 x R1 x R2)
Where Tc is tire circumference; ~diameter x 3.1416
R1 and R2 are your gears; trans and diff.
Results are for zero-slip, like a manual trans or loc-up.
With an automatic, you have to add TC slip which varies with roadspeed and throttle, and can be different in every gear.

If you need rpm at a certain speed; rearrange the elements like so;
RPM= (mph x 1056 x R1 x R2)/Tc
Again, for an automatic, you will need to add TC slip

As to slippage;
If you think about it, idling in gear with an automatic, and stopped, no matter how you slice it, if the car ain't moving, that is 100% slippage.
Whereas at the top of the track almost on the rev-limiter, the slippage might be less than 10%; so the tach will be reading, some slippage amount, higher than it would if the car had a clutch with zero-slippage. But I bet you knew that.
At 65 mph, you cannot add an arbitrary fixed rpm, for all TCs. Cuz the slippage will vary due to the amount of torque input versus the vehicles resistance to forward motion, and how close you already are to locked up. But you can use a reasonable slip factor like 3 to 5 percent, perhaps as high as 8% with an old loose convertor.

Last edited:
Agree with RRR. There is three places to go for that kind of info.....
1. Wallace calculators
2. Wallace calculators
3. Wallace calculators.

Big Block Dart sucks. What are you trying to find out? You caint tell me you don't know about the Wallace online calculators. Seriously?

Wallace Racing - Automotive Calculators
It doesn’t calculate for 1/4 mile statistics, nor is that what I want.
You can plug in:

tire height,
Rear differential gear,
transmission gear
RPM
And/or travel speed
Any 4 of the five
and figure out transmission and rear gear combinations for the street and highway.

I am not seeing that in the 50 Wallace calculators.

It doesn’t calculate for 1/4 mile statistics, nor is that what I want.
You can plug in:

tire height,
Rear differential gear,
transmission gear
RPM
And/or travel speed
Any 4 of the five
and figure out transmission and rear gear combinations for the street and highway.

I am not seeing that in the 50 Wallace calculators.

Calculate GEAR, RPM, MPH, TIRE DIAMETER

Wallace Racing - Calculate RPM for given MPH, Rear Gear Ratio and Trans Gear Ratio

Wallace Racing - Calculate Rear Gear Ratio for given MPH, RPM and Trans Gear Ratio

RPM/MPH From Gear Ratio Calculator by Wallace Racing

I really am not understanding why you're having issues. All of these calculators can help you reach what you're looking for, I believe.......which of course as always is as clear as mud.

tire height,
Rear differential gear,
transmission gear
RPM
And/or travel speed
Any 4 of the five
If you have at least two of these four parameters already fixed, then you can re configure the supplied formulas to reflect that, and put it into your calculators memory. Then just swap in a third parameter to get the fourth.
Example;
suppose you already know the tire diameter of
26.5 = (83"Tc) and trans gear of 1.0;
and you want to know rpm at 65 mph. Then ;
RPM= (mph x 1056 x R1 x R2)/Tc .
rpm = (65mph x 1056 x 1.00(hi gear) xR2 unknown) /83=
rpm = R2/827, so then
you punch 827 into the memory, then recall it and multiply it by any rear gear to get the rpm for that gear, at zero-slip.
Or; you can divide your rpm target by that 827, to get a gear ratio.

For example 1
827 x 3.55=2936 rpm
Example 2
2936rpm/827=3.55s

If you do it wrong and get a decimal number like .2817, hang on! just take the reciprocal of it like so 1/.2817= 3.55
After a few of those, your fingers will fly thru the keys and it will be faster than the Wallace.

Last edited:
Calculate GEAR, RPM, MPH, TIRE DIAMETER

Wallace Racing - Calculate RPM for given MPH, Rear Gear Ratio and Trans Gear Ratio

Wallace Racing - Calculate Rear Gear Ratio for given MPH, RPM and Trans Gear Ratio

RPM/MPH From Gear Ratio Calculator by Wallace Racing

I really am not understanding why you're having issues. All of these calculators can help you reach what you're looking for, I believe.......which of course as always is as clear as mud.
Which page was that on?

you talking smack about mud, after scrolling through 3 dozen links I missed it.

I guess none of us will ever be as good as you. The original question lead to a quick solution-but thanks! Insults or attitude and all!

Which page was that on?

I guess none of us will ever be as good as you. The original question lead to a quick solution-but thanks! Insults or attitude and all!

It was on the original page I linked to.

Which page was that on?

You asked your question as fucked up and convoluted as can be and you come at me like this? How bout **** off and I won't be the first to offer a helping hand next time?

You asked your question as fucked up and convoluted as can be and you come at me like this? How bout **** off and I won't be the first to offer a helping hand next time?
If you have to get all cry baby after throwing attitude then you shouldn’t throw stones while living in a glass house.

No one needs anybody’s negative attitude.

If you cannot figure out that people that ask questions ‘will need their teeth pulled’ because some of them do not know where to begin, then stick with experts instead of bitching about it.

Grow up and wear thicker skin.

no need to be a *****

If you have to get all cry baby after throwing attitude then you shouldn’t throw stones while living in a glass house.

No one needs anybody’s negative attitude.

If you cannot figure out that people that ask questions ‘will need their teeth pulled’ because some of them do not know where to begin, then stick with experts instead of bitching about it.

Grow up and wear thicker skin.

no need to be a *****

Ah ok then.

-
Back