I.D. of an Ignition Module

-
It's the A/C high RPM cutoff for police packages. It had a separate harness that connected it to the ignition box and the A/C compressor. I've seen a few in the junkyard when I was young and that's how they were wired in. The adjustment is to adjust when the compressor cuts out.

Now I wonder if it could be wired for use as an adjustable rev limiter- instead of breaking the circuit to the AC compressor, it could interrupt the ignition feed...
Need to do some more digging. Not that I need one, but nothing else to do on a cold Wisconsin morning.

Now I wonder if it could be wired for use as an adjustable rev limiter- instead of breaking the circuit to the AC compressor, it could interrupt the ignition feed...
Need to do some more digging. Not that I need one, but nothing else to do on a cold Wisconsin morning.
I wondered the same, but it may not be quick enough response.

I suppose the range of adjustment may not go high enough, either... not much use if it will only adjust up to 4 or 5k rpm.

It wont shut the ignition off just the AC I believe.
My thought was to rewire it to cut out the ignition feed instead of the AC. Nothing serious, just something to investigate while having my 3rd cup of coffee and trying to work up the ambition to actually accomplish something today.

OR you could simply install it as designed in a street car with A/C and it would cut the compressor in a street race. Well, if you did that kinda thing.

It would have to have the same sort of rev limiter electronics that the racing ignitions have, or you'll be getting some hellacious backfires when the ignition kicks back in.

It would have to have the same sort of rev limiter electronics that the racing ignitions have, or you'll be getting some hellacious backfires when the ignition kicks back in.
True... Oh, well- don't actually have a need for one anymore anyhoo. Just a mental exercise at this point. :)

Man what a great member just recieved it in the mail!
It's better off in your collection than sitting in a "mystery box" on my shelf!
th?id=OIP.0OsA3TIgEUBGE6_84dZEhAHaE8&w=173&h=170&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&o=6&dpr=1.1&pid=3.jpg

-
Back