I.d. this bog block 727

-

jshank1991

Reaction score
Hi I recently got this 727 trans with a 440 I bought does have torque converter. Just trying to figure out what year it is. Was told it's rebuilt so other question can I take the new internals out minus the valve body and put in a later date 727 core im needing a mechanical linkage shift trans for my 72 dart. Numbers on side are G2466147. 2181327 btw the engine does not match trans as its a 77 440 truck engine

20231022_080126.jpg

20231022_080108.jpg

Early trans, don't have my books handy. I guess I do, 1965 B&C body should be cable shift. Not sure you got all the 10,000 day and quantity built correct...

Last edited:
'65... Early trans with slip yoke, so that used to be the desirable one for folks wanting to eliminate the bolt-on driveshaft. Most likely "B" Body, standard or 4-bbl carb.

question can I take the new internals out
Count the spines on the input shaft... maybe someone has already updated it to later front clutch?? 19 splines if it's still old stuff.

Just counted 19 splines
So, likely all original inside. Your options are 1.) Sell it 2.) Rebuild as-is. Torque converters are available for those if you need one, but are more limited. 3.) Upgrade the front half of the trans with a later model (after '66) parts trans.

A&A Transmission is a good choice for the converter and other parts you may need. The valve body alone is sought after in your old trans if its not cracked.

It is a 65 and desirable to early cable shift guys.
Just sell it complete an build your newer trans.

-
Back