I don't like this gas pump credit card thing at all.

-
Kind of a pain to pay cash if you're trying to figure MPG.

That's two trips inside and a guess as to how much $$ to leave at the counter.
I don't mind. Every time I fill up I leave more than I need, fill up and go in and collect my change. I'll take the piece of mind, lol.

Kind of a pain to pay cash if you're trying to figure MPG.

That's two trips inside and a guess as to how much $$ to leave at the counter.

How does paying in cash affect your figuring out MPG??? .

Reset your trip odometer the last time you fill up... Fill the tank again... Record the amount of gallons it took to fill the tank and how many miles on your trip odometer and calculate....

Reset the trip odometer and repeat again for the next fill up....

Using the price of gas is not an accurate way to calculate how many MPG you get as the price of gas changes daily...

How does paying in cash affect your figuring out MPG??? .
Like he said, don’t want to make 2 trips inside...
I usually don’t fill it if paying cash. Just estimate and pay what I think will fit, so I don’t have to go in again for change.

Like he said, don’t want to make 2 trips inside...
I usually don’t fill it if paying cash. Just estimate and pay what I think will fit, so I don’t have to go in again for change.

If there's a cutie behind the counter I like to go back a second time for another look.... :D

Giggity, giggity...

Last edited:
I have read a few stories about how these card readers work. They transmit the info on a skimmed card by Bluetooth. Supposedly you can use the settings section on your phone to look for any other Bluetooth transmitting. If there is one you question, (how would we do that?), then skip that pump. Or pull on the pieces on the reader, if stuck on there with some good two sided tape, SOL. And the bank always holds my chip card until it clears, then I HAVE to remove card before it coughs up the cash.

Most stations around here (...and I'm not nearly "big city") have fairly long lines at the register.

gas is actually one of the few things I do pay for on a card, simply because I know I can get it full and not have to worry about what I posted earlier.

RE scanning for bluetooth- you'l likely find everyone's phone that's also fueling up!
...also if the devices have already been paired, they may not show up at all in a scan of available.

Most stations around here (...and I'm not nearly "big city") have fairly long lines at the register.
Yep, and I stand in that line, while my car is still at he pump. If everyone did that, they might put more people on the register, so the pumps get clear, quicker. Yeah I know, I'm a SOB.

Filled up last night. I fill up every other night.
*%@#!)(*^%$#*.
The damned thing doesn't take the card all the way in.
You can still grab the Visa but the card won't come out while it is "authorizing" with finger force.
Good thing I always carry a tool box with pliers in it.
I never expect the card to be denied.
But I'm assuming in that case it will let go of the card, at least.
It's a terrible thing, I'm telling you.

9781502559449_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg

I have a checking account with a debit card for just this reason.. Keep a minimal amount in the account. This is my fuel card, paypal card, online purchases... Just deposit cash as needed. If anything gets hacked, minimal loss (but the two times I had bogus charges, the bank covered it). Everything else I buy cash. Too many companies collecting data on my purchase habits. Last thing I need is for an insurance company to know how much I spend on booze and cigarettes.. and hookers and cocaine!

-
Back