I don't like using a bumper jack

-
I have my old buddies at Northeast Towing programmed into my phone. No way am I ever changing a tire on the road with all the morons (except me, I have a flat) on the road.

I have a second jack in my 67 B'cuda. Its tied to the original jack with bungie cord I think it came from some model of Pontiac. It slips under the car and opens like a floor jack. It operates just like a bumper jack. The notched tubing part is laying down instead of standing up.
I have seen them, Yes I like them, what car or truck did they come with RedFish ??

I have seen them, Yes I like them, what car or truck did they come with RedFish ??

I dont remember exactly. A GM car for sure, mid to late 80s.

The hook that came on the B'cudas bumper jack is a joke about the fish that got away.

If you find a 80's Chrysler RWD Fifth Ave,Diplomat,Grand Fury,their scissor jack work very well on low, heavy cars. They also have the 3/4-19mm hex head. Local pic-a-part charges $ 2.50 for them.

It is nice to have so many options to a bumper jack, all great options keep them coming.

I dont remember exactly. A GM car for sure, mid to late 80s.

The hook that came on the B'cudas bumper jack is a joke about the fish that got away.
I agree, I have used my bumper jack one time and it just looks scary, first thing I did was put a small floor jack in my car on any trip on these Arkansas roads. I think you are right !! it seems the chevy truck used them in the late 80'es and early 90'es :cheers:

If you find a 80's Chrysler RWD Fifth Ave,Diplomat,Grand Fury,their scissor jack work very well on low, heavy cars. They also have the 3/4-19mm hex head. Local pic-a-part charges $ 2.50 for them.
Thank you Darter6 :cheers: Now I know where to look.

It is nice to have so many options to a bumper jack, all great options keep them coming.
It would be nice to just start the engine and pull a pin and push a button
like the Indy cars :D

I'm not a fan of scissor jacks, I've stripped the threads before and they tend to lean. Got a cheap trolley jack at walmart for $20, no complaints.

We had the bumpers powder coated and so the bumper jack is not an option any longer,we carry a small bottle jack simular to Mikes and it works just fine, have used it several times

Bob / Byrce

-
Back