I feel like an idiot...

-

furydan

not so junior member
Reaction score
Ok...It seems I've lost a connector off of one of the cables that connect to the starter. Does the small red one connect with the brown wire at the starter or does the small red one connect with the big red wire at the starter.
My FSM shows the small red wire as a black wire from the starter relay to the battery. I just dont remember the size of the end that came off of the wire or else I would know where it came from. The small red and the brown wire are bundled together all the way up to the starter relay. At the relay, the brown wire is hooked to the solenoid terminal and the small red one is hooked to the Big positive terminal with 2 other wires.
Yes I will redo both connectors in the end. Excuse the crimp on connector..PO did it.

Attachments

• wires.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 127
um i think there is supposed to be one wire to the S terminal on the starter and then the battery cable...

well that small red wire was hooked up to one of the 2 terminals on the starter as well as the small brown and the big red wire. I know where those two go, just not the small red one. I think it goes with the big red wire that runs from the battery to the starter because the FSM says that the wire goes to the battery. Only the book says it is black, but the path has it running with the brown wire from the relay on the firewall.

It depends on how your car is wired. If the main battery cable goes to the stud on the starter relay, then another large main goes from the stud down to the big starter stud.

Then you have a second, smaller wire from the starter solenoid terminal back up to the "square" terminal on the relay.

BUT if the main battery cable runs INSTEAD directly to the starter big stud, then you need a third wire from the big stud on the starter back up to the big stud on the relay.

ok..Thats what I thought...Run it with the big wire..You have made my decision more reassuring. That small red wire in question does terminate at the starter relay on the big terminal with 2 other wires. I guess a lot of things get power from that feed off the battery. Thats what i am gonna do in the morning..Hopefully have my new engine running by monday or sunday night!!! Still gotta install exhaust and accessories on front of motor.

-
Back