I found a 66 Valiant 2-dr V-8 for sale!

-

440-VS

Reaction score
I just found a 66 Valiant 100, 2-dr post, factory 318 manual (now slant w/ auto), very solid body, good interior, original 2-tone blue paint, radio delete plate, and can drive it home!!

I really need your help today to determine a close value on this car while I'm in town. I will buy it, if we can get together on price. Posting from phone, so pictures will be hard to do. I'll see if I can.

Thanks!

I just found a 66 Valiant 100, 2-dr post, factory 318 manual (now slant w/ auto), very solid body, good interior, original 2-tone blue paint, radio delete plate, and can drive it home!!

I really need your help today to determine a close value on this car while I'm in town. I will buy it, if we can get together on price. Posting from phone, so pictures will be hard to do. I'll see if I can.

Thanks!

If there ever was a time for this :worthles:
Now would be the time.

Let's see if this works...

2013-06-05_10-14-15_103_zps52f12dc6.jpg

Car looks cool but $4500 is too high. Maybe if it had better paint and a V8, I would say closer to $3500-$3800? Any engine or interior pics?

It did!
2013-06-05_10-10-36_387_zps7604fb07.jpg

Entire body seems to be rust free, except for minor surface rust. Comes with a set of road wheels and likeI new white lettered BFG's. Also comes with the SB v8 hugger header for drivers side.

2013-06-05_10-10-59_609_zps87288eaa.jpg

nice complete interior, radio delete plate in tact.

Thanks for the replys. I'm excited!

That looks like one that was for sale last year in Knoxville, Tn and it took forever to sell at $2000 and it had Magnumb 500 wheels ( which means it was changed to LBP). I talked to the seller but never did see it in person.

I'm also thinking $2500 Max.

This is exactly why I came to you guys! Thanks for all the info. I want it, but I have to be in it safe this day and time.
If I end up with it, should I (a) try to find a 273 and manual, (b) leave it like it is, or (c) put a plain 318 auto in it?
Stock, driver, or street? might be a better way of saying it.

This is exactly why I came to you guys! Thanks for all the info. I want it, but I have to be in it safe this day and time.
If I end up with it, should I (a) try to find a 273 and manual, (b) leave it like it is, or (c) put a plain 318 auto in it?
Stock, driver, or street? might be a better way of saying it.

RIGHT on the safety issue. as far as what you should do with it, the possibilities are endless. You can make a pretty nifty driver with the slant and surprise folks when ya pop the hood. Small blocks don't have much room for exhaust manifolds or headers, but either CAN be done (and there's always fenderwell headers!) Look all over this forum for projects and pictures. Heck, you can even put a BIG block, an early HEMI, a big race HEMI or a modern hemi!

Those choices are entirely up to YOU! It's your car, your money, and your choices once ya get the title!

let us know what happens and take lots of pictures...

BC

Looks like an opportunity since it looks crappy on the outside, but experienced guys know it is just closer to ready for new paint. I think the Valiants looked better than Darts in 1966. It looks like a tough guy from the front with those big tires. Interior looks good, other than the dash pad. The engine is a later slant, probably 73+, with EGR and electronic ignition. Those 5 freeze plug blocks are considered stronger.

I would keep the engine for now, since I am sure you will have other things to keep you busy. Just plan long-term and try not to do anything you will end up tossing out or having to redo. Would be good if I could practice that. I think it is worth at least $2K, especially being fairly rust-free in the East. I recently paid $400 for new tires on my son's 300D, and that was the almost cheapest ones Sears had on sale. Just add up a few parts on that car are you are easily there.

Thanks guys! It has already been converted to LBP and disk up front. That adds alot of value for me. If it goes thru, you all will be the first to know. Good info on the engine. I didn't think 66's had electronic ignition. Two pumps and started right up.

Looks crappy = No bondo cover up. You're thinking like me Bill.

What's the going price for a set of road wheels these days? Price difference to a set of Magnum 500's?

If the road wheels are the unit on the passenger front, you can routinely buy them bare for $20.00 a piece in decent condition, the caps you could get for $50 a set in decent shape, and the trim rings could be as cheap as $10.00 a piece!!

The car looks like an $1800 piece to me, I've seen much more car go for $2500, but that is a pretty straight little car so thats worth something!!

Good luck with the purchase, Geof

You all will have to tune in tomorrow after 2:00est to see what happens. I'm meeting with him around lunch time. I wish you could see it. It really is a solid car and everything works! Cross your fingers...

Ok, it's official! I'm the proud owner of the Valiant. After inspecting and driving it for a few minutes, it turned out to be even better than I originally thought!
I'm going to start a new thread on it in the coming days. I want to thank each of you that chimed in on this topic. It really helped. Now I'm going to need your help getting it cruise ready.

-
Back