I found my brothers dream car for him.

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This is not a Mopar, but it is a good story and what I will be working on quite a bit in the next 3 years.

My next youngest brother has always wanted a 1967 to 1970 fastback Mustang ever since I owned a 1970 Mach 1 back in the mid 70,s. I have been looking for a few years for one he could afford as they are way over priced. I finally did it. I knew of one for the last 10 years that was a basket case and being stored in a garage for the last 36 years. I knew the owener was never going to rebuild it and it was a matter of waiting him out until he realized it. I had told him a few times that if he ever decided to sell to call me. Last week I got an email from his wife. The car was for sale and I had first dibs. I told her consider it sold. She said she didn't even give me a price. I said it doesn't matter, that I knew she and her husband would treat me right. Well, treating me right was $3000. My brother is walking on air. He can't believe he finally has a car he can build. He has had a 67 Mustang Coupe sitting in his back yard for 5 years that he took as payment for a job he did. I knew he would never do anything with it as it was not the car he wanted. It is now for sale. LOL

The fastback is a complete car, just in boxes. It comes with extra parts such as OEM replacement fenders for the rust you can see in the pics. He already has new frame rails to weld in so I will help him with that. He is going to replace both sides of the floor as they are weak. I told him do it now while the car is apart. The interior is brand new except for the drivers seat bottom which has one seam torn.

It comes complete with the numbers matching drive train which is a 302/C4 combo. The plan is for me to build a 347 out of it in the 400HP range. The 9 inch out back will handle anything I build for him. I have no idea what gears are in it.

I think he did pretty good for the price.

Jack

Attachments

• mini-DAY 1 003.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 281
  • mini-DAY 1 005.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 258
  • mini-DAY 1 006.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 259
  • mini-DAY 1 007.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 261
  • mini-DAY 1 011.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 264
  • mini-DAY 1 012.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 252
2 thumbs up on that serious find there! My very first cat was a 69 Mach 1...I would sit in it and dream of driving it....never got it running!! I was 14 and didn't know what to do!! Hope your brother does it up right!! Geof

Hi Jack. Great find and looks to be a great project. Don't tell anyone but I also like that model Mustang as well. There are some Ford guys up in this area so if you're looking for stuff give me a shout. Good luck. Bobby

2 thumbs up on that serious find there! My very first cat was a 69 Mach 1...I would sit in it and dream of driving it....never got it running!! I was 14 and didn't know what to do!! Hope your brother does it up right!! Geof

I'll make sure he does it right Geof. I looked for to long to let him Mickey Mouse it. I do believe it will end up looking like a Boss 302.

Jack

Hi Jack. Great find and looks to be a great project. Don't tell anyone but I also like that model Mustang as well. There are some Ford guys up in this area so if you're looking for stuff give me a shout. Good luck. Bobby

I am going to tell EVERYONE !!! LOL

Ok John this isn't about me its about Jack, his brother and their new found dream car project. Anyway shouldn't you be out trucking or bugging your wife. lol Bobby

:goodman: Nice job Jack........Everyone needs a brother like you!! I know it will be a nice car when you guys get done with it. Keep us posted on the progress please 8)

Shhhh......Don't tell anyone, but I'm a closet Mustang lover :eek:ops:

Looks like a clean car when it got taken apart

I like the mustangs, had a 71 Mach 1 but liked the 69 the best till I got older and now think the 70 Mach 1s are the best looking Mustang, so I kind of cloned my 2007 into a 70 Mach 1

I think that was what the '05 to '09 mustang was modeled after...what a sweet car...

And to get to work with your brother..an added bonus. I have done work with my sis and bil..and it is just fun..

Enjoy..and there has to be a place you can post pictures..

ian.

Now if you could find a deal like that on a running Cleveland.

I think the 347 stroker will take care of any of his pony problems pete. We do have a line on a 428 Super Cobra Jet and C6 out of a Cyclone, as a matter of fact we can get the whole rust bucket it is in. It just depends on the dollars.

Jack

:goodman: Nice job Jack........Everyone needs a brother like you!! I know it will be a nice car when you guys get done with it. Keep us posted on the progress please 8)

Shhhh......Don't tell anyone, but I'm a closet Mustang lover :eek:ops:

Don't worry "C", I won't tell.

There is going to be a lot of planning going on at first. We still have 3 months of winter to deal with. LOL

Jack

Very nice Jack!!! The 70' is my favorite Mustang.

Keep in mind also, that SCJ car should have a 3.91/4.30 geared Traction-loc in it.....as long as it's still the original? That would be of some value also.:thumbrig:

Oh yeah Rick, we know whats in the back of the Cyclone. We have them down to $1500 for the whole car right now. The engine is locked but may still be worth something. Won't know for sure until I can get it out.

Jack

This is actually really cool in a weird way. A while back I sold some engines and one of the buyers mentioned he "knew" where a 70 Mach1 was that was possibly for sale. A couple months ago one of my work associates mentioned he had been looking for one for a long time. Low and behold, I was able to unite a guy and his dream car as well. It's all original, and is now going to get a full resto. Kinda makes a guy feel good being involved in this kind of thing.

Attachments

• mustange back.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 20131223_143833.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 184
Nice car and great price Jack. It really is a bonus coming in boxes...no surprises really right??
What colors are ya planning for it??

Nice Stang/story as well George!

Been a while since I was around them, but I think you're getting in the ballpark. Those engines had special crank/rods/bolts if I recall, and if that engine is still a standard bore.....you probably got it whipped. Plus the CJ style heads with the 4 exhaust bolt threads. Not to mention if the cooler's, and such are still there. A deal for you guys may be in the making, even if you can sell off some parts to get the funds to do something different.

This is actually really cool in a weird way. A while back I sold some engines and one of the buyers mentioned he "knew" where a 70 Mach1 was that was possibly for sale. A couple months ago one of my work associates mentioned he had been looking for one for a long time. Low and behold, I was able to unite a guy and his dream car as well. It's all original, and is now going to get a full resto. Kinda makes a guy feel good being involved in this kind of thing.

That's a really cool story George. Saved another one!

Jack

Nice car and great price Jack. It really is a bonus coming in boxes...no surprises really right??
What colors are ya planning for it??

Nice Stang/story as well George!

He was thinking a green on green, with the Boss 302 stripe in a light olive green. Black interior.

Jack

Congratulations Jack and Little brother :cheers: 3 grand :color: Oh Boy :cheers: Good job big brother, these Mack 1's went to battle on many drag strips back in 69 70 against the 340 Dusters when they was new out of the gate here in the state's and where rivals on the streets as well, I bet
there is many old Drag racer and Hot Rod stories on paper back showing these to muscle cars race against each other at tracks every where.
One thing is for sure Jack, there is not a part you can not buy for them these days so this is going to be a fun build to enjoy with your brother :color:.
I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when you united the two together 8)
Good move Jack, Bringing your little brother and his fav car together = priceless
And I will admit I always liked these great car's never owned one or drove one but I have seen them back in the day allot, I only know of one here near me and they are very hard to find at a buyers price like that :coffee2:
YES!! Do keep us updated and enjoy the time you get to spend with little brother .. :color:

-
Back