I give up

-

64 AAR Valiant

ODD DUCK
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Tried more then a few times now to post pics from my phone on here.
Yes I read and followed all the posted how to on here.

Just wont take them.

Tried more then a few times now to post pics from my phone on here.
Yes I read and followed all the posted how to on here.

Just wont take them.

I have issues with phone pics too. The few I have managed to post came out sideways. I think I'm technologically challenged.

email them to someone who has better luck with posting pics and they can post them for you.

as long as it's not x-rated smurf acts ....you know

Are you on FABO on your phone. Otherwise I put my e mail address in my phone and send the photos to that. Save them to a file and post them like regular.

my phone can only post 1 photo at a time versus the desktop I can put multiples.
no idea on the sideways stuff-- another site has you crop the photo & it will orientate correctly doesn't work here.

I do not use any apps for this site/ Pm sent to oldman ray & will see if I can assist ,Lawrence

Ps I have not read this site's info on smart phone postings yet, so far my method works!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 128
On my phone, I can only post one pic at a time, and they sometimes post sideways! The cure for this is to go to your picture library, choose the desired pic, click edit, rotate the picture 3/4 of a turn and save it! Then re click edit and rotate it one more time and save it again! It will now post the way you saved it! Don't ask why, it just works on my I-5

On my phone, I can only post one pic at a time, and they sometimes post sideways! The cure for this is to go to your picture library, choose the desired pic, click edit, rotate the picture 3/4 of a turn and save it! Then re click edit and rotate it one more time and save it again! It will now post the way you saved it! Don't ask why, it just works on my I-5

it's the face recognition software on the I-phones ...the software thinks the picture is sideways or not right so it "corrects" it and makes it sideways. This software is in place because some people take pics with the phone sideways. Few take pictures with the phone upright the way it was intended, It mainly happens with I-phones. by rotating and saving the way you do ...you are over riding the software and specifying to the phone how you want the pic even though your phone thinks YOU are sideways.

Apple sure has a way with software :poke:

my phone can only post 1 photo at a time versus the desktop I can put multiples.
no idea on the sideways stuff-- another site has you crop the photo & it will orientate correctly doesn't work here.

I do not use any apps for this site/ Pm sent to oldman ray & will see if I can assist ,Lawrence

Ps I have not read this site's info on smart phone postings yet, so far my method works!

Pm sent back. Thank you

I send phone photos to my home computer. The are upside down, open them in your photo app of choice, make the corrections and save back to desktop. Then they are ready to upload here.
Attached is an example of an I-phone photo that I have done that to. I don't do it often as the quality is doubtful most of the time. For my build thread I always use my good digital camera.
DR:coffee2:

Attachments

• 273inpaint.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 185
Maybe shut the rotate off on your phone :glasses7:, works for my I phone. I had my rotate on when I took a few pictures and see they turned out side way.:glasses7:

Attachments

• 20150410_204324.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 20150709_140927.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 153
  • 20140401_161304.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 156
I just posted the 3 above stored on my phone, and using my phone..

The top and bottom one were taken with the phone sideways. The middle one was taken with it upright, as it was mounted in it's holder on the dash of my truck when heading into Harrisburg during Carlisle last year.

So the sizeways pics (phone in upright position) need to be rotated and saved before uploading.

20160122_104448.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 131
I just posted the 3 above stored on my phone, and using my phone..

The top and bottom one were taken with the phone sideways. The middle one was taken with it upright, as it was mounted in it's holder on the dash of my truck when heading into Harrisburg during Carlisle last year.

So the sizeways pics (phone in upright position) need to be rotated and saved before uploading.

Thank you :glasses7:

this ALL the way - by far the easiest - any time I take a pic with my cell that I want to see better I email it to myself
Are you on FABO on your phone. Otherwise I put my e mail address in my phone and send the photos to that. Save them to a file and post them like regular.

this ALL the way - by far the easiest - any time I take a pic with my cell that I want to see better I email it to myself

Absolutely! I usually do that as well, then I have to set it to the proper size before posting post.

It is just as easy with the phone too.

Vdart has posted two of the ones I sent him so far. Post#9 Nd post #17 thank you.
To those others trying to help thanks also, but it's not a matter of direction. I can get on the site and upload the images. Thats not my problem. the problem is after I do that nothing. I can't get it to show them. even when I tried neat a time.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help.

Ray are you viewing the site through an app or are you using a browser.

I use Firefox on my smarter than me phone and on my tablet. The site functions pretty much like on the computer with the exception of copy/pasting or inserting links. That probably can be done as well I just haven't figured it out yet.

Bruce. I took them with my phone and tried to post them from there. Generally use lap top but it's down at the moment and iPad never works.

Like I posted earlier VDart post #9 and 17 posted them for me. They were for Rani.
I found this car just sitting parked in Philly. The other day. Nice car to be on the street.

Bruce. I took them with my phone and tried to post them from there.

Right, I got that. I was just curious if you are using a browser on your phone or an app.

It seems to work better using the browser of choice, I use Firefox, and they post just like they do on the computer. Easiest way I have found..

-
Back