i got a careless driving ticket today:(

-

Ryan426_

Reaction score
today i was driving on a 3 lane road heading home there was a truck towing a boat in front of me i went to turn off my cell phone looked back up, and the truck n boat hit there brakes sudden (just one trailer light working cant see truck lights) too turn right so it was a split decision slam on brakes cause crash or wut i did check my mirror quick seeing i had room cut over.. too bad i cut in front of a detective in a P.T. cruiser (ya that is what I was thinking P.T. cruiser) 2 min later i see his red n blues in my mirror got a $184 ticket for careless driving said it was for cutting off cars in traffic.. it sucks, just helping out the economy

Cell phones are stupid. When I had one I would throw it in the back seat whenever I got in my car.

ya i shut mine off i just looked at it a sec. too see were the off button was guess nxt time i need too turn off b4 entering car lol

I've been use to driving my auto truck and useing the phone but now i purchased a 5 speed truck and i found out yesterday morning that this won't work. Only have two hands. Wow. I would really be busy if i had to put on makeup also.

In NJ, first offense for getting caught talking on a cell phone while driving just went up to $250.00. I have a hands free set up that holds my phone in the console, so according to the law, that is ok because I am not holding it to my face.

I still refuse to won a cell phone, Just another bill to pay every month.

I use one in the company car, but if it rings while I'm driving, the caller can leave a voice mail. Even if it's the boss calling. LOL

People ask me "how do you live without a cell phone, what if your car breaks down?" I just tell them that I remember before they had cell phones and if my car breaks down I will do what I did before cell phones...I will fix it or walk!

I love the kids that work in the cell phone booths in the mall when they jump out in front of you and ask if you have a cell phone. I just tell them "NO" and keep walking while they stand there with a dumb look on their face .

Yep, cell phones are dangerous a hell. Just a second of looking away is all it takes. Recently, some dumb *** kid ran over a bike rider while texting. I'm also one that never answers while driving. They can wait.

Glad to hear you're OK, it could've been worse. :) The cop should've taken into account that there were contributing factors.

I dont use cell phones. I dont like the tiny buttons and led screens on todays gadgets.
Cowboys of the old west were the ultimate multi taskers. Ride a horse, roll a cigarette, play a harmonica, and shoot indians all at the same time. LOL

People think I am nuts for not ever owning one. I personally don't want to be like everyone else that has one and be addicted to it and always messing with it.....

I use a cell phone if I have a business reason to have one, but I don't have a personal cell phone. How insecure or self important are you? Do you really need to be in touch with everybody 24 hours a day or are you so important that you need to be available no matter where you are.

One of the best I saw was as a Trooper when I overtook a car in traffic (four-lane divided highway) and looked over to see a woman driving with a book balanced on the steering wheel as she ate a cookie. Needless to say I stopped her and issued her a "share of stock in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania" (aka a traffic citation) for reckless driving. She was not a Happy Camper...

I dont use cell phones. I dont like the tiny buttons and led screens on todays gadgets.
Cowboys of the old west were the ultimate multi taskers. Ride a horse, roll a cigarette, play a harmonica, and shoot indians all at the same time. LOL
A Rooster Cogburn fan my self " John Wayne" :-D
I don't like cell phone's ... I like to leave mine at home just to have some peace.
The old west were the ultimate multi taskers. Ride a horse and hunt all day and make love to your women at night when the white man was not running us off.:-D
Trapping for food and clothing, I think this younger generation should go through a 2 week course of this before they graduate high school.:read2:
Living away from the things the world has put upon them.

All in fun RedFish, Me Little red man :-D turned red neck hillbilly :thumleft:

I love my iPhone :-D. And I wasn't a cell phone person to start off with, but I use it all the time now. But I DON'T USE IT WHILE DRIVING. I hate people talking on their phones and driving :angry5:. I'd have to say that 90% of the time I see someone on the road doing something stupid, they're talking on a cell phone. The majority of times I've nearly been run over on my motorcycle has been by someone on their damn phone :angryfir:! IMO its almost as dangerous as drunk driving, and the penalties for both are still laughable in most places. In Ca the cell phone fine starts at $50. I mean, really. Ok, repeat offenders can get charged more, but its still not enough to actually discourage their use.

Is it really that hard to let it go to voicemail? And if the call is that important, then pull over and answer it! I don't buy into the "handsfree" BS either. Maybe not quite as bad, but still far more distracting than other in car items like radio's. Don't even get me started on the freaking in dash DVD players! When you're driving, you're supposed to be driving!

We recently got one just because we don't have a regular phone line at the cabin, figure if I cut my leg off with a chainsaw it might be handy :-D Only the family has the number though so we're not on it much.

haha im 22 years old and i just got my 1st cell phone 2 weeks ago i never had a use for one but in this time, to be social i guess i needed one i never wanted to get one b/c i thought it was stupid paying 50-70++ dollars a month was stupid for communication i think insurance companies own them lol

I don't like cell phones that much but I only ever really use mine to talk to my friends and check up on what's goin' on around town. I left my cell phone in a friend's car once and when I got home I just said to myself, "Well, ****, I guess I'll just use the land-line for a while. No biggie." If I had my cell phone taken away I wouldn't really care. Oh, and BTW, I think the one thing that may be more dangerous on the road than cell phones is iPods and mp3 players. I bumped someone while they were stopped to make a left turn because I was too busy trying to find a song. :sign10:

i have carried a cell phone for quite a few years. While I do feel it is a leash of sorts... it is my only phone. I dont have a landline because I got so sick of all the BS that goes on with them. I am a single dad and I need to know if anything happens to my kids at any given time. (they dont have cell phones yet cuz they are too young, but their caretakers do). Also I use mine for my parts selling hobby. Do I use it while driving ?? I try not to. If I am on a open highway an no traffic then ya... other then that.. no way. Be smart with them.. thats all.

-RPM

This is a quote from a note sent home from school with one of my third grade kids the other day. This is talking about elementary school, which is Kindergarten through fourth grade where I live.

"Parents we need your help: Cell Phones are becoming a disturbance in the elementary classrooms. Parents if your child is bringing a cell phone to school, they are being asked to turn them off during class time and keep them in their backpack or locker. If you need to get a message to your child please call the office & they will get the message to your child. Thank you for your help."

Why would somebody give a kid this age a cell phone? No way would I buy my 8 year old boys cell phones. They can't even manage to take care of their eyeglasses! My 13 year old girls want cell phones & they're going to have to buy their own to get them. I'll admit they're nice to have. My wife is a doctor & has to have one. I have one mainly so that I can be contacted if I'm away from home & something happens to one of my kids at school. I can't count the number of times I've seen people run red lights & stop signs or cut me off in traffic, etc. because they were talking on their phone.

Yrs. ago when I ran service calls for Hyster I had to use one and found it's really allot handier than a land line. You don't get beggars calling and you can use it most anywhere. Here it even costs less to use than the regular land line by about $5. Next week we're disconnecting our regular phone and going only cell. I rarely use it driving cause it is distracting and as the OP found out we don't need more distractions. I figure if somebody does call I can look when I stop next time and call them back then. It's also very handy for emergencies. I have a herniated disc in my lower back and can't walk very far so right now if I broke down I'd be stuck waiting there until somebody stopped. And hopefully they wouldn't just stop to rob me.

Ive had a cell phone since they came out with them and wouldnt be caught with out one , You just have to be smart enough not to use it when it isnt safe
I do have a hands free unit not just because its the law but because it is safer that way.

Bob

I was about to respond to this..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
are ya ready??? ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but my cell phone rang:bootysha:

-
Back