I got the Project Blues

-
Maybe this will make ya feel better about your Duster, heres my headache, I'm having to fab '73 junkyard floor pans to fit in my 66-Valiant.. No garage... ;)

attachment.php
nice work!Ugh,im already dreading doing the body work on minebut need to get it running correctly first.No sense having a nice looking car that runs like crap,lol

Hey 1BadDodge71, I'm just down the road from you a ways, so after this weekend if you need help with anything let me know. The son's Duster will either run and start testing it, or I'm going to take a break from it. The current issue is electrical, one of the PO started converting to electronic ignition, and put in a engine bay harness from a donor. Unfortunately, I don't know what the donor is, so having to trace every wire from the bulkhead connector and sort them out and put them in the right location on the bulkhead.

Thanks guys!

I am not at wits end or ready to hit it with a hammer lol and pretty much most everything I have done to it I did correctly and it has held up and performed as it should.

pretty much what has me bummed is what i know I have left to do.

I know it could worse and I know there is people that have to work in lesser conditions and that have more work left to do on there rides.

Ill stick it out though....I am not fed up with it enough that I would sell it....I love my car...just a little mad at it for not finishing itself for me HAHAHAHA.

I am sure I will get it all done and pretty and the road one of these days....so I have that much to look forward to..... I just have to get the work done to get to that point.

little by little slow but sure, she has came along.

Thanks again guys

LOL, same here also. First heat and humidity, plus small garage with no electricity. I have to drag cords to the house every time if I want juice. MONEY!!!!! Lack of skill to do the body work. I have come a ways tho, I have to admit that. Then some one at work keeps telling me I didn't need to strip it to the metal, even after I told him that the paint was gone in quite a few places. I also said I didn't want to just throw a crapload of bondo in it. So now he's looking to get an old car and fix it. And NO, if it has rust, all he's going to do is bondo it and paint over it. Well, I wanted to see just what I had under all the rust!!!!! So the way I did it is the RIGHT way for me! Will the car be done this year? Probably not, but it's MY car and I'm happy where I am! This ain't some damn race to see who finishes first! When it's finished and you are happy with it, then YOU won! Ok, let me get off the soapbox now! Hope I don't fall and break my neck........

I wont even start on this one lol.. Suffice it to say, you're a younger gun with lots of responsibilities. Old cars are a relaxing (lol) hobby. It's easy to get down when your responsibilities get in the way of your hobby. It may seem hard to do, but sometimes you just can't enjoy both at the same time. Step back, dream a bit, and don't be too set on a completion date, that's when the disappointment will set in.

Grant

I was lucky that I got a running car. Every winter I do something to it. I try to make sure car will run for the summer in some form. Had to get by with slant in it for three summers till I could aford a 360. I changed brakes and suspention upgrades the first couple winters all in unheated barns. You guys are young work on your cars as you can find time and money one step at a time. Stay away from completion dates as life kind of gets in the way sometimes. Ask for car parts for Christmass and birthdays and it will come together.

Hey 1BadDodge71, I'm just down the road from you a ways, so after this weekend if you need help with anything let me know. The son's Duster will either run and start testing it, or I'm going to take a break from it. The current issue is electrical, one of the PO started converting to electronic ignition, and put in a engine bay harness from a donor. Unfortunately, I don't know what the donor is, so having to trace every wire from the bulkhead connector and sort them out and put them in the right location on the bulkhead.
Thanks!I really appreciate it.And no DusterDude,I would never take a hammer to my Duster,just get a lil frustrated,lol.

Hey DD72, I'm 62, bad back, bad feet, but I'm willing to help if I can. I still can get around a car pretty good, just slower. So if you need help, I'm in Howell. Rog

There's got to be a blues song in this thread somewhere! lol
I work on my car in the great outdoors like a lot of us.
Yeah, if it's not the weather, it's money, and if it's not that, it's just being tired (i work shiftwork). Then it's also yardwork, going somewhere with the wife, etc, etc, etc.
I like to dedicate a day a month at least with the car and thrash on it. This year so far, i swapped the rear diff to an 8 1/4 and now i have bbp all around. Next is the floorpans, and finally the exhaust. If i get that done this year, i'll be happy. There's always next year. I've been working on this car bit by bit for the last 3 years.
I like to break it down to small projects like this instead of just one big one, and eventually it all gets done.
Keep your eyes on the prize!
Tom.

2 door post.jpg

20100711_228.JPG

20100711_51.JPG

The little things will add up, It feels like high 90's outside right now with the heat index in the "hell" range... So I'm working on a few parts inside and huntin' parts I need on the net.. Don't feel like the lone ranger, I have to do everything by myself also...

I was there to man but with all the help from my FABO brossss,they got me back on track.I know its tough sometimes but hang in there.

DANG.....FABO didn't update me and let me know all of you had posted on my thread ...

Thanks guys, I appreciate everything you have all said.

glad to know I'm not the only one that has been in this boat.

HAHA James....yeah but it took me dang near a year to make it a runner.

Your ought to be coming along good by now? I havnt seen you post anything in awhile, did your RHS's ever come in? anything new on that "318"? how ya been buddy?

Hey buddy...I've been ok, work is slow, no money. Not been feelin too great...But the 318 is comin along, I got my RHS heads last week,they are painted and installed...Now I'm measuring for push rods which has proven to be a royal pain in the *** if you have no idea what your doing...adjustable rockers, ect.. etc... yea...

Hey buddy...I've been ok, work is slow, no money. Not been feelin too great...But the 318 is comin along, I got my RHS heads last week,they are painted and installed...Now I'm measuring for push rods which has proven to be a royal pain in the *** if you have no idea what your doing...adjustable rockers, ect.. etc... yea...

HAHA I hear you.....there are a couple of guys here that are pretty good with valvetrain geometry ...post up a thread for help if you have to , I think T67power ( I think thats his name) is a good guy to talk to when it comes to stuff like that.

-
Back