I gotta move

-
AdamR said:
onehellofadart said:
Face it you can't make the money you make aroud here
anywhere else. When retirement time comes my wife and I are getting the hell out of here.
:roll: Retirement , like we will ever be able to retire :cry:
Will be found dead at my desk some day.

Yup Thats the probablem. If I move some were else I'll be making half as much as I make now. But altleast the cost of living down south is less.

Its sad when you make over $20 an hour and feel broke all the time.

It's even sadder when you make almost $50 an hour and ARE broke all the time. :(

mikelbeck said:
It's even sadder when you make almost $50 an hour and ARE broke all the time. :(

Its a kick in the *** alright. Also when you make that much you are locked. Not many places you can go to do the same.
My wife says quit. I laugh and ask are you ready to stop spending, and its off to work we go ](*,) .

adam, what about a job driving a truck around and doing minor body work? thats what my dad does. he has a year round market, and makes MAD money. he makes like 70k/year working for someone else, and he is about to start his own business and will make much more. the market for it is huge.

I wont make anymore driving a truck then I do know. Atually my father and I are looking in to starting a new bussiness.

onehellofadart said:
mikelbeck said:

Its a kick in the *** alright. Also when you make that much you are locked. Not many places you can go to do the same.
My wife says quit. I laugh and ask are you ready to stop spending, and its off to work we go ](*,) .

Plus, the "layoff package" is worth a half-years salary to me right now. So I'm not leaving on my own, they're gonna have to lay me off and pay me if they want me to go. (the "golden handcuffs" I was talking about).

mikelbeck said:
onehellofadart said:
mikelbeck said:

Plus, the "layoff package" is worth a half-years salary to me right now. So I'm not leaving on my own, they're gonna have to lay me off and pay me if they want me to go. (the "golden handcuffs" I was talking about).
Do you realize what the tax rate is on the layoff package?
Federal taxes it at 29% then the state hits it

Mopower71 said:
mikelbeck said:
onehellofadart said:
mikelbeck said:

Do you realize what the tax rate is on the layoff package?
Federal taxes it at 29% then the state hits it

Yeah, I know.... But it's still a nice chunk of change to get all at once!

I just got a bonus, I got the stub today. 42% of it went to taxes.

Move to Finland, then you know what the tax is, here they tax anything... :twisted:

Food, property, houses, land, cars, bikes, drink's, phones, and leather clothes, and stetson hat's... :evil:

I can't even afford a dang house in Southern California, I sold both my houses in Chicago 5 years ago when I moved up and I still couldnt afford
one. So be it, though I don't think I would want one of these paper thin
walls cheap *** pre fabbed homes, give me my brick house on the
south side of Chicago w/ a brick garage and a basement........a basement.
Man, I sure mess one of them.
What are some of you east coast guys gas prices?? I paid
$2.33 a gallon yesterday, now that is utterly ridiculous!!
I can get Sunoco race fuel 110 for 5 bucks a gallon. What in the
heck is up with that? 8)

orangedust said:
I can't even afford a dang house in Southern California, I sold both my houses in Chicago 5 years ago when I moved up and I still couldnt afford
one. So be it, though I don't think I would want one of these paper thin
walls cheap *** pre fabbed homes, give me my brick house on the
south side of Chicago w/ a brick garage and a basement........a basement.
Man, I sure mess one of them.
What are some of you east coast guys gas prices?? I paid
$2.33 a gallon yesterday, now that is utterly ridiculous!!
I can get Sunoco race fuel 110 for 5 bucks a gallon. What in the
heck is up with that? 8)

Please, stop complaining the gasoline price now...

In Finland , 1 gallon cost $ 4.16, race fuel is a way much more... :twisted:

On top of everything else, my power has been going on and off for the last hour or so.

Walk away for a day and look at you fellas.... :roll:

Heres the scoop guys...want to get away? :?: Come to Nevada guys. I bought my 2000 sqft home (built in 1993) for $101,000. Property taxes are about $900 year. Gas is $1.99 right now and it is high. In spring creek you can buy 5 acres for less than 10K and build a home (2500 sqft) for less than 150K with a shop. This is a crazy place. The Mountains here are amazing. We are still snowmobiling up high and wearing Tee-shirts and shorts down low. :thumrigh:

If anyone is interested, and can turn a wrench or two, let me know. We are hiring Mechanics constantly. The company down the street is paying a $2000 signing bonus and paying the guy that referred them $500. :thumrigh: My company doesn't pay quite that much but starting wages are well over $20/hour....plus bonus that runs from $3 to $7 hour. And full benny's. :thumrigh: Medical/Dental cost you no more than $30 month, each visit to the Dr.'s office is $10, perscriptions are $5. :thumrigh: 401K and Pension. :thumrigh: Safety awards every month, work clothing is paid for, transportation to work is provided, all moving expenses paid, and there is more. :thumrigh: Bonneville Salt flats and Speedway is 1.5 hours away, Winnemucca Drags is 2 hours away, the Silver State Classic is held right outside of town. :thumrigh:

And all of the Mopars here are.....RUST FREE. :thumrigh: :thumrigh:

I'm off to enjoy free beer and food on the company's dime. Talk at ya later.

snowymountainman said:
Come to Nevada guys. ..................
And all of the Mopars here are.....RUST FREE. :thumrigh:

<sigh.....> I know. When me & the wife were out in Vegas last March we fell in love with the area too. Driving down I-15 going to the track we thought we were on another planet. Absolutely beautiful!

BTW: Everything is glazed over like a huge donut out here today..... :|

snowymountainman wrote:
Come to Nevada guys.

Mountains here are amazing. We are still snowmobiling up high and wearing Tee-shirts and shorts down low.

I'm off to enjoy free beer and food on the company's dime.

Where do I sign up? :mrgreen:

bought 10 acres with a 2000 sq ft house(basement not included in that), heated, insulated garage- 30x 40 pole barn style with 10' ceilings. 93,500 6 years ago. Taxes are about 1500/year. Northern BFE Pa. Yeah, the weather sucks, I live on a dirt road, and I own my own business. Happy? yeah, but I create stress by not being able to spend time in the garage working on one of my cool cars, seems like I repair my drivers more than I'd like....

snowymountainman said:

Heres the scoop guys...want to get away? :?: Come to Nevada guys. I bought my 2000 sqft home (built in 1993) for $101,000. Property taxes are about $900 year. Gas is $1.99 right now and it is high. In spring creek you can buy 5 acres for less than 10K and build a home (2500 sqft) for less than 150K with a shop. This is a crazy place. The Mountains here are amazing. We are still snowmobiling up high and wearing Tee-shirts and shorts down low. :thumrigh:

If anyone is interested, and can turn a wrench or two, let me know. We are hiring Mechanics constantly. The company down the street is paying a $2000 signing bonus and paying the guy that referred them $500. :thumrigh: My company doesn't pay quite that much but starting wages are well over $20/hour....plus bonus that runs from $3 to $7 hour. And full benny's. :thumrigh: Medical/Dental cost you no more than $30 month, each visit to the Dr.'s office is $10, perscriptions are $5. :thumrigh: 401K and Pension. :thumrigh: Safety awards every month, work clothing is paid for, transportation to work is provided, all moving expenses paid, and there is more. :thumrigh: Bonneville Salt flats and Speedway is 1.5 hours away, Winnemucca Drags is 2 hours away, the Silver State Classic is held right outside of town. :thumrigh:

And all of the Mopars here are.....RUST FREE. :thumrigh: :thumrigh:

I'm off to enjoy free beer and food on the company's dime. Talk at ya later.

i can turn a wrench. but im not certified in anything and i have a lot to learn :) but i learn fast, and remember!

...i dont think anybody around here would let me leave even if i was fully qualified and everything.

snowymountainman said:

We're about the same around here. But Real estate around here is going way up. We bought our house (2500 sq.ft. living, garage pool on one acre) for under 100K 7 years ago, put about 30K into it & putting it on the market next week fir 300K. gonna buy a smaller house w/ a bigger garage! :D

alright! thats a hell of a turn around on your house! double, dare i say, almost triple your money?

Cuda66 said:
We're about the same around here. But Real estate around here is going way up. We bought our house (2500 sq.ft. living, garage pool on one acre) for under 100K 7 years ago, put about 30K into it & putting it on the market next week fir 300K. gonna buy a smaller house w/ a bigger garage! :D

My wife's sisters and parents are down in the Ft. Myers area of Florida. Her sister bought a house that's just as big as mine, with an in-ground pool for a little over 100k a couple of years ago. Her parents moved down there from Long Island almost 10 years ago, they sold their house up here, took that money down to Cape Coral and had a mansion built for the same price. Well, not a mansion, but the house was huge... The just sold it and moved into a condo, though.

Her cousin was living in Chicago, sold her place there and got a job in Tampa. She's having a hard time finding a house in her price range. A couple of years ago I looked there, houses were cheap - around 150k. The houses she's seeing are 300k+ now.

Yeah I did alittle checking. Its just as expensive in Florida now as it is here. But the weather is still nice. racing all year !

AdamR said:
Yeah I did alittle checking. Its just as expensive in Florida now as it is here. But the weather is still nice. racing all year !

Yep. I was thinking about going down to Tampa a year or two ago, there were 3 tracks within a 1 or 2 hour radius... And it was cheaper. But now I guess I'm not doing that.

adam, georgia is nice... cost of living isnt too high.. nice weather... plus, you already know one person.
<_<
>_>

mikelbeck said:
AdamR said:

Yep. I was thinking about going down to Tampa a year or two ago, there were 3 tracks within a 1 or 2 hour radius... And it was cheaper. But now I guess I'm not doing that.

Only problem is Jobs do not pay as much as here. :(

onehellofadart said:
mikelbeck said:
AdamR said:

Only problem is Jobs do not pay as much as here. :(

That's fine by me.

My plan was to get layed off from my job, take my severance package, sell the house and pay off everything I owe up here. Go down south, buy a house for cash (or put down the majority of it in cash) and get a job doing something I really enjoy and not have to worry about making a ton of scratch. It's quite a bit cheaper to live down there than it is up here.

-
Back