I guess I may make it to the Halloween Classic

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well 8 hours ago I was starting to think I wasn’t going to make the Halloween Classic at Norwalk. But I now have the duster loaded up so it’s looking much better. I have to go get propane in the motorhome tomorrow and get the trailer up top the hill so I can hook the motorhome up to it. This cold weather isn’t doing any favors to my knees. I hopefully will leave Tuesday so I can enter Wednesday’s race. I’m already pre-entered in the 128 car super hi roller box race on Thursday and out big race has first round on Saturday. If all goes well I’ll leave everything hooked up for the three day Halloween race at Keystone to end my year. If the weather looks capable of a new best I may turn up my tune

IMG_9815.jpeg

IMG_9816.jpeg

IMG_9817.jpeg

That's just a great race! You better be ready to stay up late!

Nice ! make sure there's no marbles in the slicks. :D

That's just a great race! You better be ready to stay up late!

It’s not as bad as it used to be. I lost at 4am on Thursdays (Fridays) race at 16 cars on back to back years when we ran 1/4 mile. Getting loose at 150 plus mph was not fun on that cold track. I’m glad we race 1/8 mile now.

Wow I just went to fill my propane tank on the motorhome. Used to cost just under 20.00. Today I got it filled (12.9 gallons) and it was 53.54. I was going to get 10 gallons of gas to make sure I had enough to make it into Ohio. Screw that. 4.00 a gallon in my area. I carry 15 gallons for the quad and generator so if I have to I’ll pull over and dump 5 gallon in and fill up on the Ohio turnpike.

Well I finished up my hardest part to do by myself. Pulled the trailer up my hill with my truck, blocking the trailer and unhooking the truck, parking the truck and hopped in the motorhome so I can hook it up to the trailer. I fell in love with this place back in 1984 when I towed an open trailer with a dodge van. Don’t get me wrong I love my house, property, and motorhome but living on a Billy goat hill has its issues. Lol

IMG_9842.jpeg

image.jpg

Well that was a wicked windy 200 mile tow but I arrived safely. I saved 23.00 (.070 cents a gallon) pushing my fuel into Ohio. I’ll stop another two times saving probably over 30.00 more on the way home. I need my 5pm Power Nap after that drive. Goodnight

Well that’s was a crazy day. I thought maybe a new best was on the table for the taking but boy did that change fast. I’m looking at 800 foot corrected altitude which sure beats that 2800-3800 I’m used to. I was in the very last group to get called all weekend. Well we had a long long track cleanup and the air jumped up to 1400 feet. So I get up to make my pass and I get stopped for a leaking BG400 fuel pump. I plead my case in the water box and he kindly let me make the pass. Bad leak but the alcohol is so easy to clean up. Boom. Another 6.05 so I headed back to change my fuel pump. I read lite with a .002 light so my night is over. Storms moving in overnight.

John I live 5 miles from the Ohio line and get my gas there every week. It was 3.28 there and 3.99 in Pa. Earlier in the year it was 1.30 A GALLON cheaper to go to Ohio!!!

John I live 5 miles from the Ohio line and get my gas there every week. It was 3.28 there and 3.99 in Pa. Earlier in the year it was 1.30 A GALLON cheaper to go to Ohio!!!

Crazy isn’t it. My small Pa area is more expensive than the cranberry area.

Well I can’t guarantee an exact number but I gonna say I’m right around 40 of the 50 years I’ve been here. We have been rushed out of here because of a big line of tornadoes, we have had 80 degree temps, 20 degree temps, rain, snow, deaths in the pits, a suicide, and the list goes on. Every year I say I’m done so who knows if I extend my number

IMG_9870.jpeg

Geez! Suicides and deaths in the pits? Sounds like a madhouse! lol

Hey over that many years and over 1500 race cars things happen. That’s a lot of people. The death in the pits was a drunken incident where drunk guys were flying in the pits and hit the cables on a race car trailer. The suicide happened 50 feet from me and involved a young lady having sex with someone she shouldn’t have. She got caught and couldn’t handle getting caught.

Hey over that many years and over 1500 race cars things happen. That’s a lot of people. The death in the pits was a drunken incident where drunk guys were flying in the pits and hit the cables on a race car trailer. The suicide happened 50 feet from me and involved a young lady having sex with someone she shouldn’t have. She got caught and couldn’t handle getting caught.
lol, I thought you meant all of that just happened while you were there!

-
Back