I hate deer hunting.

-
South Fork of the Boise, Danskin, and Trinity mountains. Hundreds of thousands of people live 30 minutes away and have no clue. I've been falling in love with Owyhee county recently. You can get far away from anybody out there.

Don't know where you're hunting at. Down here in Moscow they're thick! Got monsters all over the place. I guess the river draws them.
I've got at least a 13 pointer that comes up in the yard. There's a couple of doe's that bed down under the pine in the back yard. To close to the house to hunt, but they're going to cause a problem when they get out on the road.

Over off 222 near slade road eastfork. I’ll be down off 743 in Moscow for gun week.

it's been 40 years since I frequented the South Fork area, mainly fly fished the river when I was a teen.
Is that area any where near Anderson Ranch Res

Used to love to hunt. Even if I didn't see anything it was nice just to sit in the stand and enjoy the quiet.

I've since taken that hobby away from myself.

Deer population has to be managed otherwise they get terrible disease and just die off. There is no sin in taking animals for food IMO. A difference.

I only hunt for food, got 2 does and a buck in the freezer.
only reason I don't like deer hunting season, is because had a cow, break a leg, no processors would take it cause they are overloaded with deer
so had to process it myself, can't let the meat go to waste.

SAM_5236.JPG

I only hunt for food, got 2 does and a buck in the freezer.
only reason I don't like deer hunting season, is because had a cow, break a leg, no processors would take it cause they are overloaded with deer
so had to process it myself, can't let the meat go to waste.

View attachment 1715120230

I have processed more deer than I can count but cutting into a cow would be one serious learning process. I am surprised they are so swamped with whitetail this late in the season.

Buddy gave up. Hes a little po’d that i had 3 bedding down in my back yard. May get a big round bale and set it in my barn. Give them dry food and a windbreak for the winter. The pile of soy beans are whats attracting them now,was for mixing with my wood pellets, but they need it more than i do.

I have processed more deer than I can count but cutting into a cow would be one serious learning process. I am surprised they are so swamped with whitetail this late in the season.
my local processor, usually 35 deer on a weekend, when I called they said they had 126.
The main reason was to clean the shop, to not mix deer with cow

Over off 222 near slade road eastfork. I’ll be down off 743 in Moscow for gun week.
You get anything?
I've got at least 3 in my back yard. My property is pretty close to Zimmer power plant and that's a haven for them.
They're still pretty thick here.
I live at the bottom of 756, I've got a ton of acorns and water is down here.

You get anything?
I've got at least 3 in my back yard. My property is pretty close to Zimmer power plant and that's a haven for them.

One doe is all sadly.

You get anything?

I hunt a lot at the bottom of 743 as well. Haven’t had any luck there but one very nice buck was taken this year in that area.

That's why you don't bring a bow to do a guns job ! If you want it bad enough you use the best thing at your discretion! Good looking buck too. I had one with his woman and two kids in my front yard the guy next door called and said keep the does away from the window he was lining up the shot ! He got the buck clean shot right from the garage! We had deer that night it was good I believe he was a 8 point . The guy next door was just up hunting and got nothing he was desperate I think ! He cleaned the blood off my driveway!
I didn`t read any of these posts, but if I hated deer hunting ,I wouldn`t go ! Personally , I wouldn`t go to the trouble to clean one , for one ! BEEF, IT`S WHAT`S FOR DINNER ! -LOL

I didn`t read any of these posts, but if I hated deer hunting ,I wouldn`t go ! Personally , I wouldn`t go to the trouble to clean one , for one ! BEEF, IT`S WHAT`S FOR DINNER ! -LOL
I have said it in the past I hunt and fish at Kroger. No wait just pick it up and go.

-
Back