I hate deer!!!!!!!!

-
They sell "deer whistles" at NAPA here. they mount to the front bumper of your car/jeep and when the wind passes through make a whistle that the deer can hear and is supposed to keep them away....

They run about $15. Much cheaper than car damage....

They sell "deer whistles" at NAPA here. they mount to the front bumper of your car/jeep and when the wind passes through make a whistle that the deer can hear and is supposed to keep them away....

They run about $15. Much cheaper than car damage....

i really hate deer too i mean hate them it nearly took me out but kill my badboy duster god was watching over me it happened so fast and then its over ive never hunted deer now love to eat the meat it will take me a while to recover , she was luckly .

Attachments

• IMG_3960.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_3961.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_3968.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_3962.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 243
i really hate deer too i mean hate them it nearly took me out but kill my badboy duster god was watching over me it happened so fast and then its over ive never hunted deer now love to eat the meat it will take me a while to recover , she was luckly .

yea yours is one amasing story im so glad your home seeing those pics scared me and not much does hope your better soon maybe we can arrange a fabo hunting trip lol

Sorry to hear about the jeep. Glad everyone is okay. The deer are bad right now. I have seen 2 dead this week on the side of I-5 going through Ridgefield. Hope you get back on the road soon.
~Michael

Be thankful noone was hurt!! A buddy of mine was bringing his 69 swinger home fom storage at his dad's place when a deer ran into him. Killed the deer and didn't do the dart any good. Had to replce almost all the front end but at least the dart lived!

I don't do any night driving on unfamiliar roads anymore, which includes the deadly U.S.95. But back when I did..................

4537's........................

'Course nowadays there are better lamps, but in their day those things were just plain awesome.

BC1134_1_fs.jpg

My 70 around 73--74. Don't have any good photos. 4537's are what is in the bumper. They really should be higher

81sruds.jpg

I swear the lights can attract the deer. Like a good boy I had my lights on very early once, seen a deer towards my left running right towards my headlights, I missed him but got clip by the deer behind him-it ran in to my back quarter panel, heard a boom and seen the deer like sitting down before it bolted off.

I had no collision insurance but did have comp..which covered fire, theft and deer damage. Took it to the AAA office and the guy tells me, I got no collision insurance, sorry...I had to tell the jerk that Comp insurance covers it...I think he knew but didn't wanna help me out and didn't like my old gas hog car...this was before the SUV's rave happen

From now on, if I seen any deer I come to a stop if I safety can, they run in packs it seems

This is why you don't want to be tailgaiting. When you're driving your realy not supposed to be running into anything. However I have had deer aim for me. That is what you tell the insurance company. It ran into you, not the other way around. I never try to steer around them, but I do try to stop. I constantly look for them and if I hit the skids and you run into me, at least I know you can probably pay. The deer will give me nothing.

If it wasn't so far I would give you the pump I took off my car, but you will need it before I could get it to you.

I bought it at napa a few years back when the 2 nd Holley pump went bad

$21 dollars, thought that was a good deal on a stock 340 demon fuel pump

Have since went with electric pump, so it is in a box somewhere in indianapolis

Glad she is ok, the car can be fixed, just sucks that both your vehicles are down now

I was able to dodge the second deer and save my car. Yes it can be tricky, you can not over do it. I had a dirt shoulder on my right and hit the gas-was going too quick to stop-I hit the gas and went to the right as far as I could without going off the road and rolling the car, lol

I didn't have the 3.91 gears back then, heck today I likely could had sped up enough to get out of its way with that car.

Back in the old days in drivers ed, we got told if you are going to hit a deer, brake but at the last second hit the gas to lift up the front of the car and slip down in the seat--before everybody wore safety belts. The teacher said the deer flying though the windshield is the number one way people get killed...they slam on the brakes and the front of the car dips down and the deer goes right through the windshield and takes the head off the person in the front seat.

Then came suv's that flip all too easily and now rollovers are what can kill you.

Funny thing is back in 1969, my father hit 3 deer on the freeway going about 75 he said, the car came to a rest upside down but he walked away from the crash. He said the police were happy they got 3 deer-he didn't want them. Was full size Chevy car, almost brand new, got totaled

Same thing happened to my mom, Hit bambi with her Neon, damn thing flipped over the car and ripped the rear spoiler off,...cop was amazed,...As long as yer better half was not hurt,...

finaly got all the parts for the jeep and got it put together yesterday alot of bs and split knuckles but its done take that deer rofl

Attachments

• dfg.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 166
  • imagejpeg_2dsgfs.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 151
nice on getting the jeep back together, almost hit several deers in my 72 dart near shaver lake, ca when i was working up there. twice in one frkn day. took my truck up the next weekend and something fluffy and orange bolted accross the road, ran inbetween the front and rear tires while i was driving, and the *** end of the truck jumpd skyhigh! All happend so fast but didnt loose control and keept on going!
Must of been a bobcat or something!

I think I have hit 13 of them with various vehicles over the years! Just got done cutting one up tonight, but I took this one with my rifle, not the truck!

have I got a deal for you! LOL! I have a spare radiator for a jeep gran cherokee but it's for a 99-04' I don't know if the eariler jeeps use the same radiator or not, but if you want to go check and see if they do, I will give it to you for the cost of shipping. There is nothing wrong with it. I picked it up from a friend of mine, for a spare, but we no longer have our jeep. It's in the box and ready to ship. let me know.

oh...my bad. I missed ( in this thread) where you already have your jeep fixed...oh well.

Hey thanks anyway I actually had to reorder one they sent the first with the fittings on the wrong sides lol

-
Back