I have a 6..What year

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
I posted here because i need info. I have a 6 cyl..slant. I have lots of #s on it. How can i get the year of it? I appreciate your help. Thanks

There are date codes in a couple of places. It should be cast into the block on the side or stamped into the top surface on the right front. The casting number will also narrow the year down a bit if the date codes are unreadable. Post the block casting number and we can give you more info and places to look for specific codes.

OK......everyone. My tranny is attached to motor. Cant flip it over. These are #s i found on the Left. 28068302 1321 BF I hope these #s can help. Thanks Edd

'68-74 by the casting number. If that 4 digit number is the date code, it appears to be a '71 block. There is another date code and model year code as well as the engine size, stamped into the top of the block at the right front by the coil/alternator bracket. Yours should be stamped....G225 and then a build date. I've seen a few that just had the 22 and not the 5 in certain years but it still means the same.....a 1971 225 block. It's not uncommon to find those numbers have been milled off during some previous rebuild so don't panic if you don't find anything. The casting number, date casting, and VIN stamp will get you close enough to order parts.

'68-74 by the casting number. If that 4 digit number is the date code, it appears to be a '71 block. There is another date code and model year code as well as the engine size, stamped into the top of the block at the right front by the coil/alternator bracket. Yours should be stamped....G225 and then a build date. I've seen a few that just had the 22 and not the 5 in certain years but it still means the same.....a 1971 225 block. It's not uncommon to find those numbers have been milled off during some previous rebuild so don't panic if you don't find anything. The casting number, date casting, and VIN stamp will get you close enough to order parts.

yea i was just thinking i should re stamp mine some weird number to freak people out lol...

I have a few pics for all. I also found a few #s on the pass side.....The clock shows a arrow at 3 and another with 1, 2, 3 and arrow at #2. I couldnt find anything else. Man that things heavy to tip...LOL. Not sure if anything on its worth anything or not. Thanks.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 005.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 006.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 139
  • 007.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 008.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 137
It has electronic ignition and a '73-up intake. Looks like '70-73 air cleaner and a '74 and earlier head with no smog pump. The year code on the block should be visible in your 1st photo. It would be stamped on the block between the alternator bracket and the valve cover on that small ledge that bulges out.....unless it's been milled off.

It has electronic ignition and a '73-up intake. Looks like '70-73 air cleaner and a '74 and earlier head with no smog pump. The year code on the block should be visible in your 1st photo. It would be stamped on the block between the alternator bracket and the valve cover on that small ledge that bulges out.....unless it's been milled off.
Wow.....Man your good. You can tell all that from a few pics. I never thought it had Elect. Ign.:tard: Like im real new at all this..:tard: As you can tell. I checked that area and couldnt find any #s anywhere. Thanks CudaMark. Its all appreciated.

-
Back