I have a b body question

-

honcho

Reaction score
Hey man, my 64 dart is sooo easy to work on, she gives up everything and lets me work on her. I have a 66 coronet that hates for me to touch her. I mean I actually have to tell her that I am just doing maintenance and thats it. Is this nuts and off the wall? She is very very reliable but I have a problem, the oil pump gasket is leaking, so I am going to replace it with a new pump Question,am I going to have to take the motor mounts out and lift motor up to get the pump out??? Yea please forgive me posting this but I need some help from my fellow mopar guru's. Damn I do not looking forward to touching her, she does not give up anything easily. Thanks folks:confederateflag::confederateflag::confederateflag::confederateflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::thumbsup:

I don't believe you will have to. If I remember correctly, I changed my 383 pump on the same car no problem.

Oil pump is internal on small blocks & external on big blocks.

So, it depends some. ;-)

Left front corner of the block in front of the motor mount....you will be fine!

Engine quarter.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Red, it looked like I was gonna have to raise motor up, hardly any room down there:confederateflag::usflag::thumbsup:
I have an aftermarket k frame in an A body, and had to raise the engine to change my gasket --------

-
Back