I have the color code... but what color is this called???

-

GoldSwinger71

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a GY8 Gold '71 Dart with bench seats color code listed at H2Y3.

I was looking at trying to match some items - What is this color actually referred to?

Is it Gold? Is it Ember Gold?

Thanks for the tips on this - I was looking to see if I could find out what the interior vinyl color was - The car has the original cover on the back seat, and a Legendary Auto Interiors replacement on the front. They look TAN, but Legendary has no listing for the color on their website?

I painted thid demon under the hood that same code. The car had a complete color change in the past and the man wants to put it back to the original color while the engine and suspension are out . So I took the paint code to Jacobs paint supply house and had them mix me a quart up. After spraying it .Its not the gold I remembered on 71's I really doesn't match close to the underside of the deck lid .

20171227_120043.jpg

20171227_182100.jpg

I painted thid demon under the hood that same code. The car had a complete color change in the past and the man wants to put it back to the original color while the engine and suspension are out . So I took the paint code to Jacobs paint supply house and had them mix me a quart up. After spraying it .Its not the gold I remembered on 71's I really doesn't match close to the underside of the deck lid .
—-
Funny you mention that! I thought the guy who resprayed my car before I bought it was off on the shade vs the original paint I uncovered, but mine came out similar to the pictures you posted. It’s more yellow than brown tone is the best way I can describe it.

View attachment 1715924622

View attachment 1715924624

Just curious, where did you get your paint code?

That color under the hood looks like Tunisian Tan Poly. Is the hood original? What color are the floors, under the deck lid?

If it is Tunisian Tan, its a very rare color!!

My experience has been that using the original paint mix formulas doesn't really work with modern paint materials. You really have to match it to the factory paint chip card or an unfaded original panel.

-
Back