I just received some great news!

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
Last Thursday I was selected to attend Officer Candidate School to acquire my Military Commission. The selection process was extremely competitive with over 1000 applicants to fill less that 80 spots for the school. The school is 17 weeks of grueling training and mind games but the hard part is over. I've been enlisted for over 12 years now, and although to some this is not ideal, I can't explain how delighted I am to be in this position.

Jason

Congratulations Jason! I'm sure you're very rightfully proud. Thanks for your past and future service and for sharing your awesome news.

Major congrats "Mister". Maybe youll be assigned to Sector Upper Miss' and I'll see you around St.Louis area. As a mustang you should have great support from those who are where you were. :drinkers::drinkers::drinkers:

USCG Charger, Congratulations, I'm retired Navy myself, Forty years under contract.
I hope you enjoy your 'knife and fork school".

Stan Laker FCCS USN/USNR Retired

Thank you all for your kind words. It seems like it comes in bunches when you have good news. A few more months of freedom before the program starts. Sounds like a good time to take some leave and drive the Dart like I stole it! lol

I was a Commissioned Officer through ROTC., left the Army after 6 years. The best Officers come from the exact situation you are in. Good luck.

Congradulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As said earlier the best officers are the ones that were prior enlisted.
Worked with a few in my time. MM1 (SW) Retired

Ken

I agree. Some of the best seasoned and reasonable Coast Guard officers are OCS grads. My current assignment is to travel and conduct compliance inspection at major Coast Guard unit where the majority of the Commands are Commissioned Officers. Needless to say I often deliver less than desirable news during the out briefs. I hope I didn't burn to many bridges with this current job and get blackballed once I graduate. lol

Jason

-
Back