-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Call me old school or no scchool :angry7::angry7::angry7:
But this stuff just bothers me just being in the house...:angry7::angry7:
My wife's aunt was cleaning out the attic and pulled her father stuff out and told my wife to sell it on e-bag :angry7:
Metals for hittlers men and arm rags with the swastika on them :angry7:
along with a small flag belt buckles and metals.............................:angry7:
When she opened up the box full of this chit I just turned my head and said get that out of our house :angry7:
Her aunts father must have pulled these things in the army back in the day...

As most of the members here know I did not get much of a history lesson on much of anything realy except what I have learned here on this site..and what my uncles, Mom and Grandmother gave me and what I have seen on the tv.

Wy do things like this bother me I have been asking myself. :angry7:
I found out last night that she can not sell these on e-bay 8)

Any insite on this would be gratefully appreciated :angry7:

Is it just me ? or is it :wack: to even have these things in our position.

Burn em....if they would have succeeded a lot of us would not be here today.

No reason to keep symbols of hatred intact.

Mop

Well, they are "trophies" of the Allied VICTORY over the Nazis. That's probably what her dad brought them home for. Gotta respect his perspective because he earned them as well as our freedom. Perhaps you can find a collector or museum that may be willing to buy them.

It would bother me also. The only way to think of the "things" is of them being the spoils of war. Find a local museum to donate it too. Send it to the Smithsonian. There is a place on Tennessee that has one of the boxcars that carried the prisoners to the gas camps. I will find the place and let you know if you want. History is what has made us what we are. You are making history now.

Those are trophies for WWII vets .
A friend of mine has a dagger which his grandfather took from an SS soldier whom he killed .

I'm sure there are some collectors of military attire who'd pay some decent coin for those items , or at least take 'em off your hands .

**Side Note**
The swastika was not a symbol of hate until Hitler , et al. , convoluted its meaning .
It was used almost universally until c.1940 by Native Americans , Middle Easterners , Asians and Indo-Chinese . This practise of using that icon continued until these groups were subjected to too much pressure by the uneducated and the political machine to rid themselves of its usage .
Its original representation meant good luck , hope and the beginning of the universe ( the four-corners of the universe ).

Ya, my step gradfather had some of those he brought home as "trophies". He donated them to a museum shortly before he died. The museum was glad to get them from him and he and the museum keeper got to share a few combat stories when he delivered the things.

I agree, I would donate them to a museum, they are history...creepy...but history.

Yeah, Mike. Contact the D-Day museum in New Orleans and see if they would like to get a donation. eBay probably won't list the stuff because of the hard feelings it would generate and I can't blame them. When dad passed I was so glad that my brother wanted the Jap crap he had stashed from the war. Kept it out of my house and the landfill. The stuff gave me the creeps.

Those are trophies for WWII vets .
A friend of mine has a dagger which his grandfather took from an SS soldier whom he killed .

I'm sure there are some collectors of military attire who'd pay some decent coin for those items , or at least take 'em off your hands .

**Side Note**
The swastika was not a symbol of hate until Hitler , et al. , convoluted its meaning .
It was used almost universally until c.1940 by Native Americans , Middle Easterners , Asians and Indo-Chinese . This practise of using that icon continued until these groups were subjected to too much pressure by the uneducated and the political machine to rid themselves of its usage .
Its original representation meant good luck , hope and the beginning of the universe ( the four-corners of the universe ).

I did not know this LH23H2R :tongue9:even Native Americans :tongue9:

Yeah, Mike. Contact the D-Day museum in New Orleans and see if they would like to get a donation. eBay probably won't list the stuff because of the hard feelings it would generate and I can't blame them. When dad passed I was so glad that my brother wanted the Jap crap he had stashed from the war. Kept it out of my house and the landfill. The stuff gave me the creeps.

Same here Dave, I look at them and all I can see is hate for man kind ...
But I am learning something already in this thread :tongue9:

No, Your not weird. Everyone has their out take on war. It was common to take suvoners. Badges,helmets beyonets, watches, patches ,flags. I heard of one guy terring down a motor cycle and mailing it piece by piece back home to his wife. When you fought as long and hard as the G.I's did in WW2, you become numb to it , A corpse is a corpse nothing more.
There is a market for WW2 items, WW2 collectors and war buffs snatch this stuff up. You have to be careful because the skin heads and Neo Nazi groupes like them also. There are war museams that will take them if you want to donate. Ihope this helps some.

they should be donated to the local american legion where some of the vets who fought against the nazis could decide on their fate.i wouldnt want them in my house either. i do know that our local national guard armory had alot of this sort of stuff in the museum collection .

Call me old school or no scchool :angry7::angry7::angry7:
But this stuff just bothers me just being in the house...:angry7::angry7:
My wife's aunt was cleaning out the attic and pulled her father stuff out and told my wife to sell it on e-bag :angry7:
Metals for hittlers men and arm rags with the swastika on them :angry7:
along with a small flag belt buckles and metals.............................:angry7:
When she opened up the box full of this chit I just turned my head and said get that out of our house :angry7:
Her aunts father must have pulled these things in the army back in the day...

As most of the members here know I did not get much of a history lesson on much of anything realy except what I have learned here on this site..and what my uncles, Mom and Grandmother gave me and what I have seen on the tv.

Wy do things like this bother me I have been asking myself. :angry7:
I found out last night that she can not sell these on e-bay 8)

Any insite on this would be gratefully appreciated :angry7:

Is it just me ? or is it :wack: to even have these things in our position.

They're trophy's
They war collectables.
I'm sorry they offend you, They do not represent good, we know.

But they are collectables and very rare.

Send them to me.
How much?

Being Jewish and some of my family died because of Hitler, I say donate to a museum, we need reminders for the younger generation of the injustices that men put others through and a reminder of all the hard work and death that American service men gave...

I'm sure I just made a lot more friends by asking, but thats their issue for their tissue.

and ps....I would also like obama bin laddens's skull if anyone has it as well, that would be a killer trophy to have..as well as nepoleon's fake hand, gangas kahn's sword......ha ha ha ha ha h ha

btw..I also collect SKREWDRIVER records....

I agree, I would donate them to a museum, they are history...creepy...but history.

This is creepy Keith, but like you said.., but history.
I reameber when I was in Fla. picking strawberries and they cought me in the fields working and made me go to school in the 7th grade during harvest time.
They sent me to spetial Ed... I stayed for about two weeks till I was pushed to much and busted a kid up for grabing my long hair and calling me a Damned fruit picker that needs to go back to the front of the bus.
I was suspended and my mom sent me to Michigan to start prunning tree's and got the hell out of there.
I will have Treva look at this thread so she can see I am trying to undertand :happy10:

I'm sure I just made a lot more friends by asking, but thats their issue for their tissue.

and ps....I would also like obama bin laddens's skull if anyone has it as well, that would be a killer trophy to have..as well as nepoleon's fake hand, gangas kahn's sword......ha ha ha ha ha h ha

btw..I also collect SKREWDRIVER records....

If you know the location and have diving equipment his scull or what there is of it after a shot to his eye is on the bottom of the sea 1wild&crazyguy.
What is a SKREWDRIVER records? and no bad judgment here for you on this subject 1wild&crazyguy :happy10:

Just donate them or sell them to a collector who doesnt collect for hate. My ancestors fled Germany on "the night of broken glass". A similar situation happened to me recently, my brother-in-law's father is a righteous prick and collected boxes and boxes of the crap being a hate monger whose missin a leg. Needless to say, my brother-in-law brought home boxes of it because his father shoved it in his car wantin his son to hate as well. We just donated them to a local antiques auction that auctions off items for various charities.

If you know the location and have diving equipment his scull or what there is of it after a shot to his eye is on the bottom of the sea 1wild&crazyguy.
What is a SKREWDRIVER records? and no bad judgment here for you on this subject 1wild&crazyguy :happy10:

You have a PM good sir.

and skewdriver is a band from england let led the working class skinhead movement in europe [1970's] that soon spread across the globe and turned into the next movement of white purists based in the viking theology and belief in Valhalla..... then later white power skinheads ...diff story and not my bag.
The singer eventually moved over to your neck of the woods literally and later died in a fatal car crash.
Basically Ian Anderson was pissed about the influx of muslims and the negative effect they having on England, he was right about that if you look at england now and the social troubles they have and had been having ever since.

btw Making awarness/sheding light, no intention of offending anyone.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxUR_NEmsI4"]YouTube - Skrewdriver- Hail the New Dawn[/ame]

mmm war trophies,

if you dont like get rid. I see them as a symbol of the triumph of good over evil, I would love to have one of those metals. I'd buy one if your willing to sell mike.

i'd kill for one of those back in the day :p
Even as a man of peace, I am sure that that was a necessary war.

-
Back