I just want to burn and get rid of this stuff

-
Whatever happened to the items in question?

I've been collecting WWII militaria for years and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Be careful when donating items to a museum. You'd be knocked silly if you ever seen how many items are donated to a museum, cataloged by the museum, then stuck in boxes in the basement so slowly rot/rust away into nothing. I've actually purchased a few lots from museums when they needed more storage space.
My wife is helping her aunt sell them on a different site that collectors can see them along with historians, I posted the site she has them for sale in one of my posts here Drache :thumrigh: Her aunt is 73 years old and can't get around to well.

'tunnel rat', though we fought in many rat hole counties.lol

I can't remember the correct term of his task that he did :!::!:
He would crawl in hidden holes and locate ammo or hidden troops and set charges and destroy what ever and who ever was in the tunnels, stealthy and small, this could have been in the Korean War 1wild&crazyguy.
I guess tunnel rat was there nick name of some kind and they was an elite trained team back in the day if I remember right :thumrigh:

Mike,

Just remember that those who "DO NOT LEARN FROM HISTORY ARE BOUND TO REPEAT IT". Please don't take this as a personal shot, it isn't meant as such. Do as others have suggested and donate it to VFW , museum, or someplace where the younger generation can see it. I'm afraid that school these days are too politically correct and this stuff is skipped over because of that.

P.S. Sorry to hear about Victoria, mother nature can be extremely cruel.

Bill

Well, they are "trophies" of the Allied VICTORY over the Nazis. That's probably what her dad brought them home for. Gotta respect his perspective because he earned them as well as our freedom...

They are worth big money to the right people. Trophies for sure. WWII Reenactors.

It would bother me also. The only way to think of the "things" is of them being the spoils of war. Find a local museum to donate it too. Send it to the Smithsonian. There is a place on Tennessee that has one of the boxcars that carried the prisoners to the gas camps. I will find the place and let you know if you want. History is what has made us what we are. You are making history now.

IMO thats the best option.

I'd much rather see those items saved to a museum and put on a display to educate people on the horrors of the nazis. To help make sure the world never repeats history.

Ebag is a **** option. i'm 99% sure it would end up in the living room of some neo-nazi retard.

My grandfather ws in WW2 he brought back Luger from german officer , Bear fur gloves , all kinds of stuff its History

Hello everyone, I see a lot of different opinions on this subject and I appreciate you showing Mike the positive side these things represent. My Uncle assisted in stopping the evil and providing us protection and giving us the freedom to live our life as we do today.

Since I do deal in vintage and collectibles my Aunt ask that I sell these for her, this is what I do and as I would with anything I sell, I try to get top dollar, (don't we all in our business?). Now this is not to say if it was my personal items that I would probably donate them, hand them down or give them to someone who I would trust to do right with them.

Since my Aunt asked and in an effort to help her out, (since she is without a husband and recently lost her only son), I want to help her in getting top dollar to make her last days, months, years a little easier. Her husband and Son (who also served in Vietnam) would want this.

Besides, don't you think it's like a little like salt in the wounds of those who they defeated to know our soldiers are able to help their families with something that was taken from them. I would think they would be rolling in their graves.

With all of this said, I hope that if you don't agree that you a least have the understanding of knowing why I am doing this.

I will be listing them again, on other site that does allow these type of items and I have done my research to determine a fair price and actually my prices are lower than the average selling price. If anyone is interested before I list them please PM me and I will accept reasonable offers.

Thank you ALLfor your help and interest on this, Treva

Interesting that this thread comes up right near Memorial Day. Hummm........always remember!!!!!!!!!

-
Back