I like fruitcake

Do you like fruitcake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Sure, fruitcake, egg nog, and mince meat pie. The holidays wouldn't be the same with out them. A little brandy on the fruitcake, a little rum in the egg nog and some real whipped cream on the mince meat pie... Yum tmm

Yes Sir-Claxton all the way it is my first choice. Good fruit cakes are good but some off brand cakes are awfull.

Amen to that. I'm bummed out cause I can't find it here this year. I went on the web and found 3#s for $28.00. WTH? I grew up with Claxton fruit cakes. A little dribble of brandy or on my cheap years a little rum. Ya can't beat spiking a pound, wrapping it up and aging it a month or two.

Sure wish someone would ship me one. I'll pay for it.

Jim

We used to get fruit cake from the Shriners every year. I loved it. People at work were making fun of me this week for admitting I really liked it. I think too many people say they don't because people have told them is sucks before they even really tried it.

We used to get fruit cake from the Shriners every year. I loved it. People at work were making fun of me this week for admitting I really liked it. I think too many people say they don't because people have told them is sucks before they even really tried it.

I think more so cause people would save it and re gift it to others the next year, hard as rock and rotten.lol

I like carrot cake better, neener neener

When they are done right they are excellent. I really like it during the Christmas holidays.

No thanks never have liked it my mother got it during the holidays,my father [he was a good cook] made rasin pie [oh my god, yuk] no thank you. Give me Kimshee for the holidays and i'm set yumyum.

2LB_COMBO_300.jpg

Dunno, maybe its those green fake cherries. But if you toast a thin slice and 'bout dip it in butter, I'd hit it! Peppermint bark and hot cider with a touch of Captain Morgan....

I haven't had fruitcake since I was a kid. Grannie used to buy the stuff all the time. It was a real treat for us wee ones. But I don't think I've had a real home made one. Yum Yum.

Wylde1.

DD good thread. Definately not a daily staple for me. Sort of a novelty and one can do me for the year. My FIL gets me at least one or two every yr from the Abbey over in Ava. The monks make em for their subsistance. They order in Barrels of Rum to make em with. They are a limited edition and only make so many every yr. They are the best. I have collected several from yrs gone by and will last till eternity with the rum they have in em. Pete, i'll do ya some trading. One high grade fruit cake for one metal whiskey flask. PM me your address and i'll get it on the way. Merry Christmas guys and gals.
The latest one i've gotten was a pineapple/pecan fruit cake. A first for me but i do like pineapple and pecans. Anyone have any of grandmas fruitcake recipes stashed back and willing to share?
Small Block

-
Back