I made this Gauge Mount.... I'm interested if anyone like/wants on.

-
Would a clear coat type of spray paint keep them from scratching ?

The DART sample looks scratched and used to me.

How did the clearances work out with the 3, 2 5/8" Hole sizes ?

Nice idea! Hope it works out.

Regarding the scratches in the photo... They look way worse in the pic because of the flash. The light is just hitting them the right way to make them show up. It really is not as noticeable as it looks.

That being said it still pissed me off personally. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to this stuff too so I can see how it looks like a used scratched up mess. I will try to take a better picture of it.

When they are cut they have a plastic coating on them to protect the mirror finish. The slight scratches are from me picking at the glue around the DART with my fingernail. The next ones I will wash with acetone but to be honest I think I will leave the plastic coating on them for shipping and let the end user peal it off. That way they will get to the customer in perfect condition regardless of the mail.

Please understand these are basically prototypes. There are a few things I need sort out.

The Demon one looks great, let me know when your taking orders.

How long will you be taking orders? I want a panel but wont get paid again until the 31st.

Also does anyone know which size gauge is most commonly available?

The slight scratches are from me picking at the glue around the DART with my fingernail.

These look great DS360!

At a glass sand-blasting joint I used to work at, we GENTLY used the tip of an exacto knife to lift the edge of each piece of "film", then peeled slowly with our finger tips from there. Never a scratch.

This technique will work perfectly when these arrive to buyer's.

The swinger logo is kinda hard to deal with because of its size. I'm not sure if I can get it on a 3 gauge mount without making the plate really large. Here's a sample with 2 holes.

If I make it too small its just going to make a mess I think when etched.

Thanks Guys!

Subscribed
I will be putting in an order for a 2 2" bracket but I have to think about what I would like etched... was thinking:

Charger
383Magnum

I would simplify that Swinger logo by making it not "3D" looking. It will work better smaller then, and I think it would even look better at any size. It looks nice, but a little too busy looking.

Here is the basic Swinger Logo. I tend to agree that simpler might be better for this one.
Its still tough to put a 3rd hole but if someones interested and want the 3 holes I will adjust the size of the plate and work with them to see if they have enough space in the car.

Thanks!

I will be pm'ing you with an order for a #7 Scamp 3 gauge mount! They look awesome. I just can't decide between the 2" or 2 5/8". Going to check the gauges out in person to see which size looks / functions better. Thank you

Hey guys. Just a quick note. I'm still on holiday's but I'll be back next week and I'll catch up. I got a few PM that I will reply back to them when I get back. I have not forgotten about anyone.

Sent a pm but never heard back, are you still making them?
Thanks

hey i really like your set up. I need a 3 guage panel with 2-5/8 holes with the duster logo. please pm me with price pluse shiping.thanks Mopar65

Hey Guys.... I feel I need to apologize to everyone that has responded in this thread and sent me PM's. I have had to put this project on hold as I have been incredibly busy for the past 4 months. Working 50 to 60 hrs a week plus everything that comes with family life at home.

Just so everyone knows, I never formally asked for or received any money from anyone as I was still in the process of gathering orders. I have recorded the names and info of everyone that inquired and was interested.... so if I do decide to go forward I will re confirm.

I don't think I was fully aware of what would be involved with getting them cut and sending out individual orders all over the states and Canada... I just don't have the time right now.

What I might do is get the more popular ones cut and made up and take them with me to different shows and do cash and carry.. I don't know... I have the drawings so I will save them for sure.

Again, I'm sorry if anyone was holding off buying something else while waiting for mine... I haven't even had time to install the sample I made for my own car... I just barley got enough time last weekend to put the Dart back into a state where I can drive it this spring.

Thanks everyone, I hope you understand.

everyone is gonna want something different !!?? great idea. let us know the price when you get it all figured out, please.... me I would go for 2 holer with early style dart and cida ( 1965 style),
don't sublet to china!!!!!

If you get the Direct Connection one done it might cover lots of cars! If you make some up for Carlisle let me know where to contact you!

-
Back