I may have accidentally inherited another car.

-

DaveBonds

Garage Trash
Reaction score
Kicked a ball over the fence, playing with the kid.

Landlord owns the adjacent industrial properties, so I went around to get it from the lot, full of tractors, semis and Elm trees.

Look what I found.

56Plymouth_zpsb35b4a57.jpeg

'56 Plymouth, Sport Suburban. Highest trim level for '56.

Asked my landlord what the story was on it. Old man renting the spot tried giving it to someone, years ago and the guy never came through.

It's been sitting as long as the trees next to it, which are offshoots of my trees, were allowed to grow next to it.

He's not looking to do anything with it. He just doesn't want it to go to the crusher.

I have my cars stored in the same fenced lot, now. I think I will be pulling this one from the sink holes that the tires have dug and finishing it up, top to bottom. It's mostly complete, missing a couple letters and a few odds and ends.

Amy has been bugging me for a wagon for two years, now.

Nice find,Dave. Always liked wagons. The trick: fitting the damn thing ,in the life schedule. Nice score,buddy.

Sweet. I doubt you will find any repo parts for it. A 3 gen. hemi would be cool.

Wow, you need to post a few more pics when you get it dug out and into the daylight...
C

look at the luggage rack!! get out the sos pads that chrome will shine right up-- great Find ,Lawrence

I think I'd leave the letters on the hood the way they are and call it MO.

One of the coolest wagons on the planet. Great find! tmm

Attachments

• 1956plymouthsuburban_03.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 404
  • plymouth19560507-2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 374
  • Plymouth_wallpapers_378.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 369
  • 1956-Plymouth-Sport-Suburban-Station-Wagon-Coral-Black-fvr.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 400
I think those are cool looking cars, have MUCH better lines than a 55-56 Chev and are entirely underrated.

look at the luggage rack!! get out the sos pads that chrome will shine right up-- great Find ,Lawrence

NO SOS PAD, too course, 0000 steel wool cleans great and doesn't damage the chrome

Cool wagon great find!

Kicked a ball over the fence, playing with the kid.

Landlord owns the adjacent industrial properties, so I went around to get it from the lot, full of tractors, semis and Elm trees.

Look what I found.

'56 Plymouth, Sport Suburban. Highest trim level for '56.

Asked my landlord what the story was on it. Old man renting the spot tried giving it to someone, years ago and the guy never came through.

It's been sitting as long as the trees next to it, which are offshoots of my trees, were allowed to grow next to it.

He's not looking to do anything with it. He just doesn't want it to go to the crusher.

I have my cars stored in the same fenced lot, now. I think I will be pulling this one from the sink holes that the tires have dug and finishing it up, top to bottom. It's mostly complete, missing a couple letters and a few odds and ends.

Amy has been bugging me for a wagon for two years, now.

and this is the first time you looked around your property to see what your neigb's have?
LOL:D

Nice find,Dave. Always liked wagons. The trick: fitting the damn thing ,in the life schedule. Nice score,buddy.

That's my biggest issue right now. I'm at a point where if I take this thing on, I'll be selling things to make time. Not so much, cash, although I'm not rolling in it, time is my biggest hangup

Sweet. I doubt you will find any repo parts for it. A 3 gen. hemi would be cool.

You can get floors for them. Maybe a few things. Nothing I can't make on my bead roller, though.

I was thinking the same thing about the 3rd gen hemi. I'm not a stranger to adapting them into this generation of frame/ body.

This is a resto-mod that I did over the course of 2011-2012;

59-dodge_zps34b23707.jpg

The client didn't want me to do anything to the crate 6.1.

If I did a 3rd gen, I'd roll with a tripple deuce F&B throttle body. I know Bruce. He's a super nice guy and makes amazing 6pack injection systems.

I'd also ditch the plastic covers, build some polished stainless ones and make some custom coil covers that ran across all eight.

I'd likely just buy a wrecked car with a 5.7 and pull the entire harness and ECU. I don't have the cash or willpower to run another crate engine. The AEM ECU in those fuckers require dyno tuning to get right. Original map would NOT run on that crate engine. Plug and play = BS. Had to hybrid map a 5.7/6.1 in spots to get it to drive to the dyno.

Still, an early looking 3rd gen is likely where I'd go. I'd be tempted to toss a truck 4spd O/D in it and keep it on the column, no ECU trans.

I used an aluminum pushbutton on the '59. Worked like a dream with the 727 conversion flexplate.

Wow, you need to post a few more pics when you get it dug out and into the daylight...
C

Absolutely. The taillight lenses aren't even bleached. Tailgate hinge areas have catastrophic rust, but considering that the '59 had no trunk or lower quarters to speak of, I can handle it.

the chrome looks almost new..

The rear bumper looks as good as the front. It's only missing a few small pieces of the trim that the old man may have.

Stoked it's there. It's crooked if you look at the pic again. it's just sitting on it, but it's complete. All of the pot metal feet are there.

Very Kewl :glasses7:

I'm pretty jazzed on it. If I can jump the hurdle Tim is talking about, it will be wicked.

I think I'd leave the letters on the hood the way they are and call it MO.

Hahahaha... I thought the same thing. It may just stick.

I think those are cool looking cars, have MUCH better lines than a 55-56 Chev and are entirely underrated.

Agreed. I almost pulled the trigger on a friends flathead six 4door Plaza. I'm stoked that this is the Sport with the awesome trim and rack.

I'll get pictures if I pull it out of it's spot. I likely will, if it changes hands and set it near the fence, by my house, to keep a better eye on it and get it out of the hole.

nice! only things in my neighbors lot are a bunch of cinder blocks...

Dave,one of the members here, has one of those F&B setups. 400 ish,stroker LA mill. He SWEARS by it. Tan 71/72 Duster,nice set up. The last thing you need,having the lady of your life deal.My .02.

Agree on the crate mill's,B.T.W.. I don't trust it,for the huge coin.

Love those years!! My classmate's family in elementary school had a pink and white one with glasspacks. I really love the dash on those......I know it sounds odd, but somehow they remind me of an old washing machine control panel!!

More pics!!!

1956-dash.jpg

Dave, that is one cool wagon. I've always wanted one. I'm not big for the latest gen motors, but that's just me. I honestly wanna learn how to sling lead like the old school badasses if that tells you anything

Dave,one of the members here, has one of those F&B setups. 400 ish,stroker LA mill. He SWEARS by it. Tan 71/72 Duster,nice set up. The last thing you need,having the lady of your life deal.My .02.

I'd like to see that car. I'll have to dig for it.

Bruce runs one on his Jensen and his '73 tan 340 cuda. I've seen both cars, out at the Mopars at the Strip, when we were set up right next to him in the vendors, both times that we went to it. Traded shop shirts with him. He screen printed his in his basement. I did ours at a friend's print shop.

I'd have absolutely no doubts in that system and I'd have to do it with some chrome, oval cleaners, like the Fury had.

Love those years!! My classmate's family in elementary school had a pink and white one with glasspacks. I really love the dash on those......I know it sounds odd, but somehow they remind me of an old washing machine control panel!!

More pics!!!

Hah! It totally does.

I have a Maytag washer and dryer set from 60's/ '70's. Everything is electro-mechanical on them Run like a champ. had to replace a $3 heating element, thanks to a penny that burnt it, on the dryer. I'll likely have them for the rest of my life.

I'll snap some more pics of the car when I get over the fence, tomorrow for sure!

Hell YES.

That was my thought, when my landlord gave me the green light.

"No way this is sitting behind my house without me knowing about it for two years." Was my initial thought.

Sweet, thought the same thing on the MO name, when asked, tell them mo power.

-
Back