Does anybody know electric?

If you do please tell me where the yellow wires go. I may
have figured out the orange ones.:D

Attachments

• DSCF5519 (Medium).jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 360
  • DSCF5520 (Medium).jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 360
Holy electrical code, Batman!!! Fire the electrician!!!

mess2.png

3094d1208394968t-code-violation-not-tight-fit.jpg

Lessee, the blacks are all grounds and the copper ones are all just wire ties so that means all the white ones to to that big switch at the top!!! Done, call for inspection!!!.....

does anybody know electric?

If you do please tell me where the yellow wires go. I may
have figured out the orange ones.:d

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE~~~ You can't get there from that because someone used all the same color wires.... LOL...

Me think'um you need'em bigger panel box because you look like you have no room for expansion.

Food for thought for you Tony.

I used to work with a maintenance supervisor who added a second story onto his house. When he had the wiring put in, he had them use more circuit breakers to keep from overloading the circuits. His house caught on fire and burned the upstairs, and when the contractor reran the electrical panel, he only used three circuit breakers instead of the 7 he had run before. He made them tear it all out and do it like he had it run originally. (the fire wasn't electircal related).

Just throwing that idea out for you while it can make a difference for you. Something to consider.

I'm counting at least 14 yellow circuits - you SHOULD have 14 single pole breakers to hook them to. Black wire in each yellow cable to a breaker, the white and bare copper go to the ground bar. Is there a big chunk of the outer jacket skinned off of the orange double circuit cable? Check to make sure it didn't get to the sheathing on the wires inside and tape it good.
If it smokes when you energize the main breaker, call your local fire department and run like hell!!!

Is it code to mount it in the wall bay like that? I would think it would need to be outside the wall so a nail couldn't be driven through the other side of the wall...

in the second picture, do I detect a damaged and in fact exposed section on the orange wire in the right side of the picture ?

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE~~~ You can't get there from that because someone used all the same color wires.... LOL...

Me think'um you need'em bigger panel box because you look like you have no room for expansion.

Don't need room for expansion. This is an aux. box we are putting
in the living quarters where the attached garage was.

My 200 amp service in the house will supply this box with 4/3 wire
with a ground.
This new box in a 100 amp box and doesn't have a main.

The reason for so many wires is that we are putting each room
on its own breaker. Each room only has overhead lights and plug
ins in the wall.

We only have a walk in closet, 1 bedroom, bath room,
living room and small kitchen and computer area.

Load for the complete area (24 x 24) will be only 42 amps.

Is it code to mount it in the wall bay like that? I would think it would need to be outside the wall so a nail couldn't be driven through the other side of the wall...

Yes it's code in this area.

My garage builder installed this one and it was approved by the inspector.

Attachments

• new214 (Medium).jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 259
Tony,

Will be up Friday and we'll figure it out ......... LOL

piece of cake we'll tie all the black wires together and all the white and just hook up to one breaker, IT'LL WORK I TELL YA.

Looks like someone will have some fun

Chris is doing a good job

Just add a little tomato paste & some meatballs.....yummy LOL :thumleft:

Same here Tony, My cottage on the hill has my main box in the wall and the meter box right behind it outside......... There is a ground bar on/in your box and a neutral bar insulated on the other side for your Neutral (White) wires, all of your black wire go.... well I am sure you know :D
Do I see a ground going outside in your shop box ? for a ground rod ?..
I made sure and put my large demand supply closest to the main lugs so heat don't have to travel all the way down the breaker bar :glasses7: and as you put your breakers in put the most used circuit or that you know will be drawing more amps toward the top :coffee2:
You got this brother :D I wish I was there to help :D but sometimes less help is best :compress:

Umm, I thought you were joking Tony, so disregard my post!! I'm sure you have a competent electrician as the wires all look to be labeled, and since they are all on their own circuit,'it will be a piece of cake!!

Showed the pics to the electrician wiring the project I'm on right now, we had a good laugh about dels inclusions!! He said that's the way he wires a junction too!!!LOL!! Geof

yellow wires are for the interior lights, orange ones are for the am/fm stereo :glasses7:

Umm, I thought you were joking Tony, so disregard my post!! I'm sure you have a competent electrician as the wires all look to be labeled, and since they are all on their own circuit,'it will be a piece of cake!!

Showed the pics to the electrician wiring the project I'm on right now, we had a good laugh about dels inclusions!! He said that's the way he wires a junction too!!!LOL!! Geof
My bad Geof :glasses7: I bet he was :D

yellow wires are for the interior lights, orange ones are for the am/fm stereo :glasses7:
white wires go to the antenna power I believe don't it waggin :D

-
Back