I need a carb

-

honcho

Reaction score
Ok,after 2 months of trying to figure what is wrong with my carb,we are done. I need a 1964 BBS Carter 1 barrel,auto choke,any suggestions of where to start looking. I have googled,but nothing. Thanks for everyone's input on helping me in my previous thread,now I need to locate a carb, thanks again in advance Todd:banghead:

it wont take a rebuild? i just rebuilt a 67 BBD and it is working great. whats it not doing? i didnt see your other thread, sorry if this is redundant LOL

I have had this thing apart maybe 20-25 times,new kit,different folks lookinmg at it and it floods out when you take her down the road. it will idle all day long,tank vented,floats set correctly,used different needle and seat,floats are floating. I have had Mopar heads look at it,nobody can come up with anything,except it is old and non-rebuildable

You say it's flooding out, is that when you shut it off and try to restart???I think I have a couple,will have to look.but I'm sure the would have to be rebuilt. I had a flooding problem and it was a result of boiling gas
Moe

yea did the line removal. let me know if you have one,I can rebuild it,no problem,I would like to see pics to make sure it's the right one thanks

I don't know if it will work for you but I have a brand new (not reman) carb off of my 1974 Duster that has less than 2 hours of running on it for $75 plus shipping.

Mike

Ok,after 2 months of trying to figure what is wrong with my carb,we are done. I need a 1964 BBS Carter 1 barrel,auto choke,any suggestions of where to start looking. I have googled,but nothing. Thanks for everyone's input on helping me in my previous thread,now I need to locate a carb, thanks again in advance Todd:banghead:

I just ordered a mechanical linkage BBS from CudaMark. His number is 619-475-1005.

I have had this thing apart maybe 20-25 times,new kit,different folks lookinmg at it and it floods out when you take her down the road. it will idle all day long,tank vented,floats set correctly,used different needle and seat,floats are floating. I have had Mopar heads look at it,nobody can come up with anything,except it is old and non-rebuildable
I had one do that and found the the end of the metering rod was broken off. It still ran ok but the mileage was terrible and it belched out black smoke at anything above idle.

I haven't seen an electric choke version but they're probably available somewhere as a kit. It will fit in place of a Carter BBS with some minor mods but it is not an improvement in my opinion.

I'm in the same boat.
Looking for a new carb for a 64 to get her back on the road.
Really want dual 1 barrels but I think it will be to much hassle setting it up correctly ?
Anyone have a 1964 nos or known good carb they can part with ?

-
Back