Status
Not open for further replies.

metallidart

member me?
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Contact seller
I'm trying to get the rearend put in my Dart, and I almost have it to where it is driveable, but I am missing the separator that goes between the rear shoes in the rear. It has notches at either end that fit into notches in the shoes, and has a spring on one end of it. It sits right above the axle. I have the 10" brakes, anyone know where to find one of these? I am just missing the drivers side. Thanks for any help!!!

What year is your rear end?

What is your brake shoe/drum width?

Do you have a picture of the other side along with a tape measure for reference?

If it helps I think what you are describing is the bar that applies the parking brake.

That is what I thought also.
Do they have those a Napa?
If they do, boy did I waiste a lot of time finding one. I never even thought about the fact they might carry it. Dang, I should have checked!!!

Thanks everyone!! Its a 69 8 3/4 with 10x1.75 brakes. I checked with a friend that works at NAPA, and he said he thinks they have it, he said they call it a "shoe link". I will go home and grab the one I have now, and I'll get a pic of it and post it on here, beside a tape measure. If I remember right, its about 6 inches long. I'd rather use OEM stuff, but, I guess whatever makes it work, I can always swap it out later for an original one.

I got mine at Carquest but they are a little different. Nothing a bench grinder and file couldn't fix though...

Im pretty sure they are different side to side so you might want to include which side you need it for. I will look at my stash and see if I have one since I never put the e-brakes back on anyways.

Thanks everyone!! Its a 69 8 3/4 with 10x1.75 brakes. I checked with a friend that works at NAPA, and he said he thinks they have it, he said they call it a "shoe link". I will go home and grab the one I have now, and I'll get a pic of it and post it on here, beside a tape measure. If I remember right, its about 6 inches long. I'd rather use OEM stuff, but, I guess whatever makes it work, I can always swap it out later for an original one.
We got em for $10.00 each. Would you like to come down in person to look over for any other parts? Let me know! PM me if interested! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back