I need a shop for custom axle work.

-

wazoo64

Reaction score
I need a shop in SoCal that makes/repairs narrowed rear ends. Anyone know of good shop that can do good custom work? Preferrably south of LA.
Thanks

Use Ed Sutton from Sutton Eng. i have been using him for over 30 years he is very good Honest and he has Mopars he had a dart in the 70's that ran very well.

You can also try:

The Gear Shop
15709 Paramount Blvd
Paramount, CA 90273
Gary:562-634-1396

The Gear Shop has been there for years.

Gary is very low key but he will ask a lot of questions.

I just got my 8-3/4 back. backlash, housing trueness, and bearings ect...

You will need to bring him the differential.

Doug

Here you go. These guys are quick too. We bring a center in to them and the next day it's ready. Great guys to work with. Tell them you heard about them from Inlandmopars Car Club.

http://www.gounitrax.com/

I ended up sending the car to Sutton Engineering. Ed seems to really know his stuff and jumped right on the project. Here is what he planning. How does the price sound for parts and labor? 2k for the list below.

Axles
Housing Ends replaced/trimmed with new bearings and seals
Wilwood brakes installed and plumbing
Pinion set with heim joint links???
Fresh Paint

I ended up sending the car to Sutton Engineering. Ed seems to really know his stuff and jumped right on the project. Here is what he planning. How does the price sound for parts and labor? 2k for the list below.

Axles
Housing Ends replaced/trimmed with new bearings and seals
Wilwood brakes installed and plumbing
Pinion set with heim joint links???
Fresh Paint

That with the car AT his shop. So Ed is removing, cleaning, replacing, assembling everything himself. Most gear guys just hand you the rebuilt stuff you you have to assemble and install it. Or you go to a repair shop which they will send out the rear end for narrowing, upmark it to you, then install it.

By going to Ed you are cutting out the middle man. And most of all he understands the technical side of what is going on.

I asked someone about last night for you. They also recommended Ed. And they said a lot of rear end guys just do gears themselves. But they have their axles and housing done by Ed.

That with the car AT his shop. So Ed is removing, cleaning, replacing, assembling everything himself. Most gear guys just hand you the rebuilt stuff you you have to assemble and install it. Or you go to a repair shop which they will send out the rear end for narrowing, upmark it to you, then install it.

By going to Ed you are cutting out the middle man. And most of all he understands the technical side of what is going on.

I asked someone about last night for you. They also recommended Ed. And they said a lot of rear end guys just do gears themselves. But they have their axles and housing done by Ed.

Yes he is doing all the work at his shop. Seems reasonably priced if it is done right. The cost for the brakes and axles alone would be around $1200.

Yes he is doing all the work at his shop. Seems reasonably priced if it is done right. The cost for the brakes and axles alone would be around $1200.

That INCLUDES the purchase price of the rear disks, hardware, and lines!?

$600 labor for that is a good deal.

Well......Sutton Engineering has had my car since the first week of November. One excuse after another and I still don't have my car back. I've been patient but now getting on my nerves. I call once a week and ask Ed how my paint job is coming.....LOL Even he thinks that's a funny one.

-
Back