I need help, Intake with EGR?

-

deanster

Reaction score
It looks like I have the wrong intake. I went to change out the intake and carb today and my intake doesn't cover the EGR holes. Can I make it work? If not, what intake do I need? It is a 75 model 360 and I'm using a holley 600 with electric choke. Thanks in advance. ....Dean

100_0371.jpg

100_0373.jpg

I'm not sure what your calling the EGR holes? If you mean the heat riser holes in the center, between the intake ports,you want to block those anyway for more power.

That "Half Moon" shape or upsidedown U is not a EGR port. The egr port is a connection between the intake and head. That would be the square hole. It is also known as the heat riser port, which is there to deliver heat to the intake manifold for quicker warm ups.

Thanks guys. These pictures should explain what I'm trying to say...Dean

100_0392.jpg

100_0394.jpg

That u shaped thing isn't a problem... that intake manifold....

Like I expalined, no worries! Reread what I wrote. That half moon, upsidedown U shaped area is NOT the EGR port, the sqaure below it is where the EGR gets it's feed from. It's called the heat riser port and it's for wwarmin up the intake quicker.

sigh

I believe the factory manifolds left that opening exposed so it should be correct as it is. Something else you may consider is that your intake looks like a single plane manifold and if you plan on using your car on the street primarily, then you might consider trading it out for a good dual plane. It`ll have better low end response and just generally have better manners on the street.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably put it together temporary, its been parked a while. I'll change it out when I can...Dean

The crescent is for cooling of the exhaust riser which is the center square hole. You can fill that with water and itll go nowhere, its a blind passage.

-
Back