i need help with my 1 barrel!!

-

slow-s

Reaction score
So i just finished my first ever rebuild on a carb, and it actually didnt go too bad!! i did have a couple questions though.
1- I have a dead spot. I can see the jet spraying fuel, but it dies out for a second, and then picks back up. what can cause this?
2- I have a vacume line and i dont know where it hooks up to. I have attached a pic, so if anyone can help, please do. thanks everyone

carb 1.jpg

So just run a piece of rubber tubing off of the left side to nothing?? thank you for the response btw

Pcv Valve is on the back top of your valve cover. Could be an old metal or new plastic type. Big nipple on the base of your carb over to the valve. Look at the pictures of the slants on "show me your slant" thread, there are several versions shown there.
Frank

honestly, im not sure!! i am pretty new to these and I tried to make sure that i hooked up everything the same way i took it off, but it could have been on there wrong from the start.

I just pulled one of these carbs off a '73 slant. The open nipple you have on the right goes to the vacuum can that you have hooked to the nipple on the left. The nipple on the left goes to the EGR valve but can be safely run with a rubber cap on it. On the valve cover side of the carb are 2 nipples. There is a small one just above the carb base that runs to the vacuum advance on the distributor. There is also a large nipple in the carb base that goes to your PCV valve in the valve cover. Hope this helps.

awesome!!! thank you so much. One more question, when i rebuilt the carb i removed the float and the plate behind it that holds the plunger. There was a small spring on the arm of the plunger, but no actual loose spring behind the base of the plunger like the exploded view showed. Is this normal, or did the last person who had it apart do it wrong. The car idles well, but there is a dead spot when u step on the throttle, and i was wondering if that is what is causing it. thanks again

I just did a rebuild for a Holley 1920 and ran across the same 'misssing' spring issue but the car ran fine, for awhile, now it sounds like we're in the same boat

-
Back