I Need Info On 1968 340 pulleys

-
Those pictures are great. This 69 motor that you have at your shop, is it going into something or is it just a spare? If you ever do have the time and can get some part numbers off of the pulleys that would be great also. I really want to THANK YOU for those pictures, that helps me under stand the puzzle a little better.
Bob

It is actually a 273 out of a 69 dart. Sometime this fall or winter I am going to take the whole setup off of the 273 and install it on the 340 that I got started putting in my 69 dart GTS original 340 4 speed A.C. and power steering car. I will see if I can find any part numbers on the pulleys when I get to it.

Just a couple of observations based on CodyS' photos.
This is very similar to mine, but I think I noticed a couple of little, yet significant differences.
First, the PS pump is a Saginaw. That's good, because it's a better pump than my Federal, but the bracket is different. It may fit and line up the same, but it's still different.
The other thing I noticed is that in the last picture in Post #23 the idler pulley bracket looks like it has enough room behind it for the second alternator belt. Mine definitely does not. I don't know if there are enough grooves on the crank and other pullies for a second alternator belt, but that bracket face appears to be out far enough to clear it. Maybe that is compensated for by the pulley itself, but it wouldn't be compatible with some other parts.
I've heard the best thing to do is to try to get all the parts for belt driven accessories from the same engine to ensure compatibility. This example kind of reinforces that. The good thing is that many small block accessories from other body platforms will work.

-
Back