I purchased a Lift for the Garage!!!

-

dgc333

Reaction score
I have been hemming and hawing for several years about getting a lift for my garage. I have been torn between a 2-post and 4-post lift which has kept me from making a decision. Because of the width between the posts and the permanent anchoring to the floor the 2-poster would basically relagate by garage to one a one car where the 4-poster can be moved to allow me to put a second car on one side then move the lift back closer to the center of the door.

Well last Saturday at the Boston World of Wheels I was looking at them again and my wife had come along. A local dealer had a 4-poster at a special show price and then when he through in a deal on delivery and set-up my wife said if you don't do it I will.

Yesterday at noon it was delivered and set up in the garage. The Barracuda has had a ride to the ceiling a couple of times already! :)

As soon as the budget shock subsides I am going to pick up the optional hydraulic scissor jack that fits between the rails and has adjustable arms to allow you to lift the front or rear wheels off the tracks.

congrats, lifts are nice, I've had my two post for a year and half, couldn't live with out it know. Not sure if I have seen the scissor part you mentioned, any pics of that?

Nice catch, they sure make working on a vehicle a lot easier. I have been lucky as my dad had a lift in his garage, but he retired one year ago and he sold the hoist. My house garage doesn't have a high enough ceiling for one, so I am without access to one again. I wonder what one of those 4 foot lifts are like? I think they would be better that the old floor jack routine!

Awesome Dave!!!! You forgot to add the pics though......

What brand did you get?

I don't have any pictures yet. The deal was $2300 for the demo one at the show which included the casters for moving it, drip trays so you can store a car under it and a jack tray so you can use a bottle jack plus, delivery and set up. Most of the ads you see for a similar lift all those things are extra (which can run upwards of $800) on top of a price around $2300.

The I don't have any pictures of the scissor jack but it is a typical scissor jack configuration but operated hydraulically instead of a screw. The base is made so it hangs between the tracks of the lift and can slide along the length. Onto instead of just a pad there are two arms that can be silde in an out with a pad on the end of each one. Say you want to remove the front wheels you would side the jack under eithwer the subframe of k-member and move the arms out to the frame or lca's. Then just pump the jack and lift the front wheels off the tracks. The jack is another $400, my wife had given the go ahead for that two but I decided to hold off. The dealer is local and has them in stock so I can get it any time.

I have been hemming and hawing for several years about getting a lift for my garage. I have been torn between a 2-post and 4-post lift which has kept me from making a decision. Because of the width between the posts and the permanent anchoring to the floor the 2-poster would basically relagate by garage to one a one car where the 4-poster can be moved to allow me to put a second car on one side then move the lift back closer to the center of the door.

Well last Saturday at the Boston World of Wheels I was looking at them again and my wife had come along. A local dealer had a 4-poster at a special show price and then when he through in a deal on delivery and set-up my wife said if you don't do it I will.

Yesterday at noon it was delivered and set up in the garage. The Barracuda has had a ride to the ceiling a couple of times already! :)

As soon as the budget shock subsides I am going to pick up the optional hydraulic scissor jack that fits between the rails and has adjustable arms to allow you to lift the front or rear wheels off the tracks.

Hey me too. I bought one from a buddy around xmas time. Not as elaborate as yours (and not new either), mine is one of those snap on ones that sit on the floor with no posts. Kinda looks like a 4 wheel alignment lift. Electric over hydorlic and works well with an 8' ceiling.

OK wheres the pic!?!

Best of luck with it, many happy useful years to you.

nice cm on lets see it hmm ok i want one to but iii:happy10:damnit good for you there i said it im not jeloues however you spell that :cheers:

Awesome Dave!!!! You forgot to add the pics though......

What brand did you get?

I took a couple of quick pics yesterday. Here's one with it up in the air. I still have a couple of feet clearance to the roof of the garage.

LiftPicture.jpg

whats the brand name. it looks like a backyardbuddy.
nice piece

With every style of lift there are always pro's and con's, you need to buy what works for you and the space you have to work with. Here is another option for the guys with an 8 foot ceiling height, lift height is 52" to the bottom of the frame. With the arms rotated in and the flip plates down the compressed height is about 5" so it's easy to drive over and doesn't take away any garage space when your not using it.

L9.jpg

L14.jpg

LUCKY!!!! dgc333

oldkoot. That lift would be perfect for my place. Do you have a website for them? I'll do a search for Revolution

The Revolution lift is model VMP6, very different from what they have listed on their site now. The current model is a sissor style where the rear legs drag across the floor(RMP6), the VMP model has a full base frame that can be anchored to the floor, the 4 lift arms articulate back and upward as the car lifts, a much more stable lift than the scissor style.

70 Dart,
There not cheap, list price was about $4000. They are American made and ETL/ALI certified. Rotary lift of which Revolution is their hobbyist brand name, has never been known for cheap prices but it's hard to beat their quality unlike some of the stuff coming out of China. It's sort of the old "Ya get what you pay for"

I have one similar to oldkoot's....works good. I bought mine used for 500.. I think new they are 1500 or so....I also built a platform that sits on top of it, so I can work on my garden tractor, 4 wheeler and Snowmobile...Saves on the back.....Nice purchase on the 4 post dgc333,....you will be much happier working on stuff......as long as your neighbors don't know you have it...Hey buddy can you work on my car LOL

-
Back