I really, really have to stay out of gun shops

-
Can I ask what is the murder rate in Canada vs the USA ? Don't go telling me law abiding gun owners are not a problem. Just last week here in Michigan we had a ex-police chief from a small town kidnap his wife and shot her dead and then later on killed himself. He was an old guy with no criminal record, was even a ex cop--top cop.

I got a .22 handgun also but its a dirt cheap Jenning's, paid $65 for it longtime ago. Got really no use for it now, just sits around. I also keep a trigger lock on it.

Guess what? The ex-police chief is not a law abiding citizen. Guns don't kill people any more than spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat. Let's look at all the stats and not just your one scenario. Take our guns away and you think the problem is solved? They made drugs illegal and they are rampant. The made booze illegal during prohibition and it was everywhere. I have news for you. If they take guns out of the average law abiding citizen's hands, there will still be guns out on the streets and every one of them will be in the hands of a criminal. Then we can see how you like living in that kind of world. Murder rates would escalate immediately.

If they take guns out of the average law abiding citizen's hands, there will still be guns out on the streets and every one of them will be in the hands of a criminal. Then we can see how you like living in that kind of world.

I can tell you, they have virtually done away with handguns and semi-auto military rifles up here in Canada.

It is such an administrative burden just to take my pistol to the range, half the time I'm probably breaking the law because I don't have the right permits on me. Or because I've gone for coffee in town on the other side of the range from my house, which is not the most "direct route" from the range home, which is a requirement of my transport permit.

Home invasions are on the rise, probably due to druggies. If I shoot someone for breaking into my house I'll be the first one in cuffs, but so be it.

I wish that I could legally defend myself, instead of being expected to wait for the cops to show up and mop up the mess.

Spent 4 years in the army where I was trained to defend my country, but I'm not considered competant enough to use a gun to defend my family.

I can tell you, they have virtually done away with handguns and semi-auto military rifles up here in Canada.

It is such an administrative burden just to take my pistol to the range, half the time I'm probably breaking the law because I don't have the right permits on me. Or because I've gone for coffee in town on the other side of the range from my house, which is not the most "direct route" from the range home, which is a requirement of my transport permit.

Home invasions are on the rise, probably due to druggies. If I shoot someone for breaking into my house I'll be the first one in cuffs, but so be it.

I wish that I could legally defend myself, instead of being expected to wait for the cops to show up and mop up the mess.

Spent 4 years in the army where I was trained to defend my country, but I'm not considered competant enough to use a gun to defend my family.

Yep...know where ya comin from.......semi-auto rifles have been outlawed since 1996 here. I don't have a pistol....but have 2 rifles, 1 bolt action, 1 lever action.......even pump action shotties are illegal here, but you can have a pump action rifle.
Muder rates are rising.....funny thing is, it's mainy amongst the druggie crowd.

-
Back